Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:09 AM

947 posts, read 3,571,231 times

Advertisements

Moving can be a little stressful.. simply just getting there, but once you are in town you will feel relaxed and have one part of your adventure behind you.

Good luck!
Paul in Abbeville, SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 06:44 PM

447 posts, read 1,606,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1n View Post
so tell us more...how'd it work for you? did you go out for a little sightseeing and research visit and happen across a job? and what are you finding to be the projected differences in cost of living, housing, etc?
We went and visited back in October and while I was there I handed out as many resumes as possible. Believe it or not Splish is one of the few salons that I didn't give a resume to, I filled out an online application on Splish's website.

The cost of living is definitely higher than it is in South Carolina but SC HAS to be one of the cheapest places to live as far as I can tell.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioBroadcaster2008 View Post
Moving can be a little stressful.. simply just getting there, but once you are in town you will feel relaxed and have one part of your adventure behind you.

Good luck!
Paul in Abbeville, SC
Thanks Radio, I have the support of my family behind me 100%, they have been awesome from the start. I am EXCITED but the nervousness will always be there in the back of my head.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:13 AM

3 posts, read 17,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaksraver13 View Post
Easley, SC.............20 min from G-vegas (aka. Greenville) lol!!!
I'm originally from Greenville...and am a Clemson grad. Worked the summer I graduated at the bowling alley in Easley. It's a small world.

Anyway, have been here in Colorado Springs area for 30+ years. Am not a skiier, nor do I know very much about real estate prices outside this area. But can tell you, I would not expect that there will be too much available for purchase within your price range if anywhere near a major ski area.

My sister, who moved three years to Frisco, CO (an hour or so west of Denver, near several ski areas) just paid $500,000 for a 1,200 SF upgraded condo in that town. But she was able to afford that price because she had sold her own 1,100 SF condo, that she had paid $235,000 for just three years ago, for $450,000. Prices near ski areas are abit ridiculous. Therefore, considering your price range, you may well need to buy a ways from the ski areas.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoBill1 View Post
I'm originally from Greenville...and am a Clemson grad. Worked the summer I graduated at the bowling alley in Easley. It's a small world.

Anyway, have been here in Colorado Springs area for 30+ years. Am not a skiier, nor do I know very much about real estate prices outside this area. But can tell you, I would not expect that there will be too much available for purchase within your price range if anywhere near a major ski area.

My sister, who moved three years to Frisco, CO (an hour or so west of Denver, near several ski areas) just paid $500,000 for a 1,200 SF upgraded condo in that town. But she was able to afford that price because she had sold her own 1,100 SF condo, that she had paid $235,000 for just three years ago, for $450,000. Prices near ski areas are abit ridiculous. Therefore, considering your price range, you may well need to buy a ways from the ski areas.
Thank you, I won't be buying anytime soon. I plan on renting for a while at least until I KNOW that Evergreen is right.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:36 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,184,182 times
Congrats with everything.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Congrats with everything.
Thanks man......if you need a hair-cut come see me at Splish in Conifer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado