Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 08:33 AM

3 posts, read 14,796 times

Advertisements

I just have a short question We live in the Springs right now but are going today to look at 40 acres west of Trinidad its exit 27 then 5 miles west my question is whats the water like? rusty deep or none? I understand its allways hit and miss when drilling a well but you can tell alot by the other wells in the area. a friend told me I might hit natural gas before I hit water? anything to that? We are looking to build a place and retire. We just arnet city folks
thanks alot
Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,594,041 times
Default Trinidad

Can I get some info on Trinidad,CO.

Maybe from someone who lives there or has visited often.

The usual stuff...Crime..weather..economy.

Thanks

Old 07-29-2009, 04:10 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,320,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd903 View Post
I just have a short question We live in the Springs right now but are going today to look at 40 acres west of Trinidad its exit 27 then 5 miles west my question is whats the water like? rusty deep or none? I understand its allways hit and miss when drilling a well but you can tell alot by the other wells in the area. a friend told me I might hit natural gas before I hit water? anything to that? We are looking to build a place and retire. We just arnet city folks
thanks alot
Gary

I've look in the same area. Is water a problem in that area. I've noticed some wells being anywhere from 200 to 600 feet. Anyone correct me if iI am wrong. What does it cost to put in a well?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:30 PM

246 posts, read 626,539 times
I don't know where to start. There is so much misinformation
and so many questions in this thread, and some accurate information.

The water in Trinidad has always been very very good! As far as I know Trinidad has never had a water problem. Of course it depends on where you are drilling the well as to what you get.

Someone said Trinidad isn't near any mountains, and something about the nearest mountains are 100 miles away - newsflash - Trinidad is IN the
mountains! It has an elevation of over 6,000 ft. The Sangre de Christo
mountain range is all around you.

The town, in my opinion, has a pretty good crime rate now, moreso than when I lived there.

If you are thinking of moving there please please please do some
research and also go visit. It is a small, tight knit, conservative
town that some will love and many will hate. It is not for everyone!
But it is impossible to tell who will like it and who will not, you need
to visit and spend a few days!!

The history behind the town is extensive and very interesting. Do some
research!!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:43 AM

I've been intrigued by its history. I've read two books both written by women. Do you have any other suggestions on finding out about its history? When I go in September, unfortuately the train will be closed. I had hoped to stay very close to the historic area but really can't find accomodations in that area. We retire in a few years and will be selling a cattle ranch so rural is not a problem for us. I want a clean outdoors type of retirement (without all the work with cows). Been looking at Chama, NM and my parents retired in Bella Vista which of course has tons of people but probably great for them that like lakes, golf and plenty of entertainment. My entertainment is counting cows!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 PM

Prisoners of War Camp Trinidad, Colorado - Kurt Landsberger
Tales along the Highway of Legends - Allen Bachoroski
Trinidad Colorado Territory - Morris Taylor
Bent's Fort - David Lavender
Out of the Depths - Barron Beshoar

I knew a man there that wrote a lot of books on the area,
they were extremely interesting. I cannot find them for
sale online anywhere but the Trinidad library has them,
his name is/was Tom Mariano.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:09 PM

Oh also Debbie? There is an elderly local man there who would
be delighted to have coffee and talk your ear off about the
area's history. I once knew of several but sadly most of them
are gone. If you'd be interested in talking to the one man I'm
referring to, a friend of mine, please PM me and I'll give you his
name and contact info.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM

For those interested in Trinidad and the possibility of
moving there, here is a link to one of their local
newspapers, it's a start.

Denied:1up! Software () (http://www.trinidad-times.com/main.asp?SectionID=14 - broken link)

Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM

Your very nice, thank you mcol. My husband loves sitting down with old locals and becoming one of them. He is one of those geneology freaks. As I try to sleep he tolds about history and people of that time. I will pm
Debbie

Old 07-30-2009, 03:52 PM

Your right, not one of those books is listed on line. I wonder if I'll be able to buy Allen Bachoroski's Tales along the Highway of Legend book in Trinidad. Actually, the area I've been interested in or at least real estate agents always send me information on homes is in the Weston area which is on the Route 12...Highway of Legends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado