U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2007, 04:19 AM

4 posts, read 8,823 times

Advertisements

I am 22 and my soon to be husband is 25. We are looking for someplace that would be good for people our age but that is also a good place to raise children. We want to live on or close to the mountains, Someplace where there are a lot of parks and bike paths. At least 25-30 miles outside of a large city. We just want a nice quiet little mountain town like the town my husband was raised in (Tahoe City, CA)

We have been looking around and found a few places that look nice, but want to see if there is someplace that we may have looked over.

If you know of someplace please let me know?
Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 06:06 AM

157 posts, read 703,260 times
You might check out northern or western Colorado Springs area, maybe Boulder or Golden. Both are right along the foothills. Lots of bike paths and parks. Good place to start to rent then check out further up in the mountains if you decide.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 AM

51 posts, read 158,964 times
Check out Boulder. City-wide bike paths, excellent schools, and gorgeous mountain views.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:26 PM

432 posts, read 1,373,084 times
Check out Ft Collins. Try checking out the cities web page fcgov.com. I think they have a map of all the bike paths. We are located along the foothills. There are several small communities around Ft Collins, my favorite is Wellington, that would be a great family community. We are also close to Loveland and about an hour from Denver and 30 minutes from Cheyenne.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:51 PM

3 posts, read 12,529 times
Check out Truckee,CA. Your husband should be very familiar with it if he grew up in Tahoe city. Its in the mountains, lots of bike trails, etc, and is about 30 miles to Reno. Lots of tourists but plently of quiet places to be found. Also lots of young people who are into the outdoors and also a great place to raise kids.

If you are looking into Colorado, don't go to boulder or Ft. collins unless you are looking to move to a city,as both of those places are cities. I would suggest places in summit county, like Silverthorne, frisco, Dillon, or Breckenridge. They are in the mountains and about an hour drive to Denver. A lot of tourists but like Truckee, plenty of quiet places to be found.

Good luck.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:06 PM

839 posts, read 1,986,982 times
Evergreen is a mtn community bout 25 west of denver from what i here there is lot of famlies there

Last edited by onthamove; 07-28-2007 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado