U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 PM

265 posts, read 764,163 times

Advertisements

Just a quick thank you to all who responded. My special thanks to jazzlover and also sesemekid who gave me the best feel for winter weather in Canon City. Certainly my picture of Canon City is one of warmer winter weather than here in Dixon IL but also brown versus white. Right now the ground has been white for most of the last two months. Canon City has been brown except for several snowstorms. However, isn't long before the sun has melted that snow.

Basically for me , I see Canon City as an upgrade in the winter and a wash in the summer compared to here. So I will look to other aspects before making my final decision. After all is said and done, may just stay here in IL.

Jim
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 AM

345 posts, read 759,052 times
I have to ask the obvious question...........

Why not move to some place warm where it never snows? Or barely snows?

North Carolina and down to FL you know you will get very little if any snow.
California, well I will just say it is expensive and I would never move there, we'll leave it at that but maybe you would like it.
There are other states a bit North of the quite warm ones where Winter will be mild and it will get to the 30-40* or so. Maybe you do not want humidity and AZ is the better choice for you.

You do not mention job, schools and etc in your post so maybe you can just work from home or retire and go where you want.

Weather here is not predicatable, but it does keep life interesting. Murphy's Law or something will make sure that if you do move here the first Winter will be the worst one Canon City has had in 50 years! lol

Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 PM

Current temp here in Dixon IL is 18, while its sunny and 55 in Canon City. I know , just a spot in time, but a really nice spot.

Jim

ps 2 inches of fresh powder on my driveway. Car stuck across in street in a snowbank. I'm sure its brown in Canon City. What's so bad about that. I could be grilling steaks on my patio.!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:47 PM

20,321 posts, read 37,832,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james57 View Post
.... I'm sure its brown in Canon City. What's so bad about that. I could be grilling steaks on my patio!
Jim, you broke the code! Hope you get out here some day.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-28-2011 at 11:33 AM..

Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 PM

Thanks Mike, maybe some day.

Right now two things preventing a move. All my family and friends live in the Midwest, and no homes are selling in my area. Some have been on the market for over 3 years with no takers. Bad news!

Jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado