Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2006, 02:30 AM

11 posts, read 40,415 times

Advertisements

hey yall i been researching colorado for the past few years and been thinking about moving there for god only knows how long. i need some help on where is the country in colorado i mean where i can drive to the city but still stay in the country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2006, 02:59 AM

827 posts, read 5,078,454 times
Default Lots Of Places In CO

There are so many rural places in Colorado that it is hard to pinpoint where you should live. Grand Junction has lots of cowboys if you like a more desert look. Durango has lots of cowboys in the rural areas around there. Cortez has cowboys. Lots of horses in the Cortez-Durango area and Grand Junction too. There are other small towns all throughout Colorado too that have that rural feeling, these are just the ones I know of that have horses, farms, ranches and cowboys and yet you can go into the city.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:58 PM

6 posts, read 30,002 times
The Denver Metro area isn't too far from areas where horse ranches and farms are still common. Especially up north on the outskirts of Greeley, Ft. Collins, Loveland, Ft. Lupton and Longmont. Land and housing prices are going to be higher than the areas that Crackerjack mentioned, but they are all within an hour or so to the "City".

Old 06-15-2006, 09:02 PM

648 posts, read 2,939,839 times
Colorado Springs is great for that. You can be in the city w/ in 10 minutes, but have land aswell. You can live as far out as you want. You can get more information at the link below. http://outdoors.coloradosprings.com/ (broken link) SHEP

Old 06-19-2006, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 15,217 times
Check the small towns in the triangle formed by Grand Junction, Montrose and Durango. Lots of 'real country' folk and some places left to buy. My personal favorite is Nucla...you can't find it unless you know it's there because it's off the 'beaten' track. A small town when I was growing up...even smaller now. Perfect time to visit...the fourth of July. They have a little celebration that will give you a good taste of what is there. Who knows... the cowboys you see on the street may be related to me. They like to stand on the 'porch' of the telephone company office during the parade. Say hello to my brother Ken or nephew Leif.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:12 AM

Hey SandyBeeGritty! I know Nucla! Not far from Naturita and down from Columbine Pass! You do come from one way out of the place towns! Good to hear from someone from there! I am a native New Mexican but lived up in Southwest Colorado too. Right now in Phoenix (yuk!) but will be moving back to Southwest Colorado less then a year and can't wait! Take care!

Old 08-25-2006, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,929 times
Default Also in Phoenix, moving to Colorado

I see that somebody here is from New Mexico, but currently lives in Colorado. I am from New Mexico as well, but currently live in Phoenix. I absolutely hate Phoenix and am planning to move to Grand Junction within the next 6 months. I can't wait, either!

Old 08-26-2006, 01:35 AM

LUV2DANCE, that would be me! I am a native New Mexican but I live in Phoenix and hate Phoenix too. I long and "pine" (pun intended ) for Colorado. I love it there! I am moving to Durango. My brother, his wife and kids live in Durango and love it. I lived in SW Colorado too and miss it so much. Grand Junction is a nice city as well. It will sure be great to get out of all this heat!! I am so tired of having to stay indoors and live by the ac all the time and outside the air is so yuk that I just don't see how people can live here in Phoenix. Anyway, Good Luck on your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado