Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 11:39 AM

49 posts, read 244,940 times

Advertisements

I may rmove to Trinidad, looking to rent possibly purchase a house. Can someone offer some areas that are nicer than others or areas that are possibly one may want to stay away from? Traffic areas, hang out (punks)areas, the usual. I am not looking into purchasing a very expensive house. Looking at something under $100, if purchasing. A renovation will be fine depending on major constructural demands. Possibly rent first if this is the case. I have visited but unsure of living areas. Downtown is nice, people seem very nice, some buildings downtown appear that they have been worked on for a few years. There seems to be an appearance of a small town coming alive again with the infiltration of the "arts" influance.
Just need some guidance or overview of the area.
Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 12:03 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frcal View Post
I am not looking into purchasing a very expensive house. Looking at something under $100, if purchasing.
That will be a bit of a challenge.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:08 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,421 times
I really don't think it to be that challengin. I've been looking at property more expensive but seen many properties at that price that seem nice to me. I would wonder about job propects though. I am very close to retirement and having to sell a ranch will not be an easy thing to do in this time but when/if it does Trinidad is on my list. I spend every year scouting out properties, I may probably be a good canidate for the Santa Fe trail properties because I selling a ranch the trail would give me the same but without the work of the cattle.

I found several nice pieces of property in Trinidad itself that I thought MAYBE. But you can see there are a lot at that 100 price range and I bet if they really want to sell you could do less. I don't think the recession hit that area as hard as others but I've been going and pricing for only about 5 years.

Jobs may be a problem but if it is not it sure looks like a nice place to call home. Look up under real estate and you can see prices. Cut off the golf course homes of couse and all the 35 acres parcels but I bet you can find a nice home at that price maybe not in the historic district but the historic distict is just a few blocks.

I like Tinidad.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:26 PM

Thank you debbie at bouontiful. Santa Fe ranches are nice and community orintated. I do have some acreage at a ranch near Walsenburg. I am looking at Trinidad as one of my young adult child will be attending the local comm. college for a specific program. I thought that a small house would afford housing and I would be able to stay until I am able to build on our parcel. I too am getting close to retirement, no need for employment for me, however, do want to be aware of economic challenging areas. I am looking on settling into a charming community as Trinidad. Being not too familiar with Trinidad, I am asking for local area info. Thanks for your input.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:08 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,421 times
Trinidad is a nice charming town that would be great to call home. I always stay at the same B & B and have become actual friends with neighbors to the B & B on 2nd street Tarabino. I've met several people that retired from Denver and other places and it has all the outdoor activities one could want in life. Your not looking for a job so all you need to do is enjoy. I will be on the Santa Fe Trail in another month considering buying a 38 acre parcel. I have been to Walsenburg when I've driven route 12 also every year we take the 1-25 to Walsenburg on over to Chama, NM where we spend another week. Trinidad is more of a town than Chama but Chama is breathtaking. If your buying a home so you and your daughter can live in I bet you can find a nice one at that price and then when the economy comes back sell it and build on your Walsenburg property. Is your property anywhere near Veta? or Cuchara? Love that area.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:44 PM

You got that right about Trinidad being Charming. I just may try the B & B, I haven't yet. That is my goal...to eventually purchase a small place and use that as a temporary base until we are ready on the ranch. Our place is on Blackhawk Ranch, between Trinidad and Walsenburg off of 1-25.
La Veta and Cuchara are pretty places, a littte less accessible during winter for me though. I'll need to break into that a lil at a time. I'll do some more researching in Trinidad for available properties.
Enjoy your Santa Fe Trail Ranch living and good luck retiring in CO. Hope to join the crowd too.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:49 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
I was just joking because he apparently forgot the k behind the $100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado