U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 PM

81 posts, read 175,032 times

Advertisements

Good Idea Sarah, that's actually what we planned on doing with the 4 bedroom. 1 Teen, 1 pre-teen, and 1 under 10.
But that's still not a bad Idea. I should start looking at some 3 BR and just see what they have for extra rooms, never know something might work and that possibly ups the odds. Thank you much for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 10:15 PM

8 posts, read 16,683 times
I agree. Most of the houses in Colorado have a basement, and if you're lucky, it will already be finished. When my parents moved us to Colorado, they rent a "3 bedroom house" that actually had 6 bedrooms if you included the basement rooms.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:55 AM

Here in Iowa you have to have Egress windows in the basement before you're allowed to use a room in the basement as a bedroom. Is that different in CO?

Old 02-06-2011, 09:48 AM

14,131 posts, read 26,255,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingSilvers View Post
Here in Iowa you have to have Egress windows in the basement before you're allowed to use a room in the basement as a bedroom. Is that different in CO?
Since building codes are pretty much universal between states I'm sure that's true everywhere.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:15 AM

3,296 posts, read 8,198,863 times
Quote:
It's true in Colorado. My dad is in the process of remodeling his basement and he has to upgrade the windows to the egress style to be up to code.

TravelingSilvers, you might also consider Idaho, specifically the Boise area. You won't have mountain views from you home, but you'll have access to some of the most unspoiled wilderness in the lower 48 and the cost of living is quite a bit less than Colorado.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 PM

9 posts, read 10,726 times
TravelingSilvers, Souther Oregon isnt to bad either. We moved from there 4 years ago to Missouri and we really do miss it something. We especially miss the mountains and the beach only a couple hours west of where we lived.
I'm curious, if you dont mind me asking, what type of work do you do from home on the internet? We are thinking of relocating from our current place and I have always wanted to work from home but not sure what to do.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:16 AM

We actually work for a company named Fidlar, but we're just independent contractors for them though. We redact (remove) sensitive information for counties (different counties, different states).
My wife got lucky and found the job, because a really good friend of hers Aunt works there. So we got the heads up before many others. As far as I know they are not doing anymore hiring. I actually heard they ended up hiring too many people for the amount of work/counties they have.
I've also been looking around for others ways to find more work from the net to make some income in the months we're not working. If I hear anything or find anything I'll let you know.

We have actually been looking in Oregon. Found a few places in Bend. Also around the Salem, Eugene areas and even down by Medford. I would really like to move to OR or WA, but that's one heck of a drive just to check out properties.

Last edited by TravelingSilvers; 02-07-2011 at 07:55 AM..

Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 AM

3,296 posts, read 8,198,863 times
Quote:
We actually work for a company named Fidlar, but we're just independent contractors for them though. We redact (remove) sensitive information for counties (different counties, different states).
My wife got lucky and found the job, because a really good friend of hers Aunt works there. So we got the heads up before many others. As far as I know they are not doing anymore hiring. I actually heard they ended up hiring too many people for the amount of work/counties they have.
I've also been looking around for others ways to find more work from the net to make some income in the months we're not working. If I hear anything or find anything I'll let you know.

We have actually been looking in Oregon. Found a few places in Bend. Also around the Salem, Eugene areas and even down by Medford. I would really like to move to OR or WA, but that's one heck of a drive just to check out properties.
I live in Bend now and moved here from Colorado so feel free to send me a direct message if you have specific questions. Also, have you been reading the Oregon forums at all? There's a lot of discussion regarding Bend.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:44 AM

2,801 posts, read 4,739,550 times
Phoenix Arizona would be a great place to relocate to.....300+days of sunshine/Cost of living affordable/Close proxmity to to other major cities....Thank on it.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the replies all.
I've checked out Bend. Looks nice, but gets more snow than we do now and we want to get away from that. Stats say it gets avg. of 32.5"/year that's twice what we get now almost.

As for Arizona. That's too hot for my liking and honestly don't want to move anywhere with rattlesnakes and scorpions. We're an outdoorsy family and that's just not something I want to worry about. Even though we have copperheads and timber rattlers here.
Plus was down in Texas last year and our Aunt said she had to kill about 4-5 scorpions in her house the year before, lol, forget that.

We're actually looking in the Boise Area. Looks like a very nice City. The foothills may not be Mountains, but they look like it to an Iowan, lol. Also way less crime there than where we are now. Houses seem cheap and really nice compared to what's around here.
They get alittle more snow there than here, but Jan. avg. low temps are warmer than here.

But We're still looking. I still would like to find someplace in OR or WA that doesn't get ALOT of snow or ALOT of rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or