U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2006, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,051 times

Advertisements

I am a sincere Kittredge genealogist and have not yet been to Kittredge, Colorado. Many maps don't even show it! I know it's near Evergreen and was named for a Kittredge businessman who lived in Denver. I think it may have been Charles Marble Kittredge but am not certain. Does anyone know??? Is anyone a descendant of this Kittredge? I hope to visit the area one day soon to learn more about it.

Faith Kittredge Dwyer
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2006, 09:16 PM

10,679 posts, read 28,500,687 times
yes it is a very small town close to Morrison. Look west of Lakewood.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 5,049 times
Default Kittredge Colorado

Ms. Dwyer,
My Grandfather, Charles M. Kittredge built the town of Kittredge as well as the Kittredge building in downtown Denver. He also built many homes in east Denver at the same time as Von Rictoffen.
There are only two of us left with direct lines to this family and neither my brother Jon Paul or I have children.
How may I help you?
Charles Marble Kittredge III
Denver, CO USA

Old 12-01-2007, 11:04 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,214,176 times
My husband and I first shared a log cabin in Kittredge in 1976 or so; the cabin was down in the low spot east of the Kittredge Post office and just west of a lot owned by a trash hauler I think. That cabin was built in the twenties by a man and his wife on their honeymoon and they had owned it ever since. Sadly when we moved out a friend who was helping us accidently packed a cross saw hanging over the fireplac that they used to build it with. If you know that cabin or who owned it we would return it.

Kittredge hasn't really changed much over the years, it is between Evergreen and Morrison.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,853 times
Thumbs up I grew up in KIttredge

My grand father WH Reuter built the second home after Mr. Kittredge built his.
Used to live accross for Masons home.

Been many years ago now.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:17 AM

2 posts, read 6,380 times
Naddie: Do you still read this forum? What dates are you referring to. I lived in Kittredge in 1944-45

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-22-2010 at 10:16 AM..

Old 11-22-2010, 05:26 AM

2 posts, read 6,380 times
Default Cabin in Kittredge

My family lived for a short time in Kittredge. We lived in someone's summer cottage and my oldest brother and went to a one room school there. If anyone has any photos of this school I would love to see them. While only there for a very short time, still have found memories of our time in Kittredge. My parents have now passed away and I have no one left that remembers those days. I do remember that our cabin was the first house past the school on the same side of the road. Across the road was a stream. My brother loved t ofish that stream.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,989 times
I am from across the pond in Manchester GB I have just finished watching a tv film tht showed scenes from Evergeen Kittredge looks like an interesting place someday I may get there.KPM.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:31 PM

14,131 posts, read 26,259,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Kittredge Dwyer View Post
I am a sincere Kittredge genealogist and have not yet been to Kittredge, Colorado. Many maps don't even show it! I know it's near Evergreen and was named for a Kittredge businessman who lived in Denver. I think it may have been Charles Marble Kittredge but am not certain. Does anyone know??? Is anyone a descendant of this Kittredge? I hope to visit the area one day soon to learn more about it.

Faith Kittredge Dwyer
I'm sure you're aware of Joseph Kittredge of Marblehead Mass? He was a professor at the University of California and has a Berkeley street named after him. Here's more on him:

Joseph Kittredge papers, 1930-1955.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,956 times
Default Charles and Anna Kittredge home

Mr. Kittredge,
My husband and I are in the process of purchasing a home in Kittredge and it is our understanding that this home was built by Charles and Anna Kittredge in 1928. We would love to find out more of the history of this home!

Thank you,
Emily Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkittredge View Post
Ms. Dwyer,
My Grandfather, Charles M. Kittredge built the town of Kittredge as well as the Kittredge building in downtown Denver. He also built many homes in east Denver at the same time as Von Rictoffen.
There are only two of us left with direct lines to this family and neither my brother Jon Paul or I have children.
How may I help you?
Charles Marble Kittredge III
Denver, CO USA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or