U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:25 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,847,548 times

Advertisements

[quote=jazzlover;1149988]Well, if you think that is narrow-minded, consider the bumper sticker I saw in Durango a few years ago: "If Texas is so @#$!!! great, why are you up here?"QUOTE]

Or my favorite...."If God wanted Texans to ski he'd have painted BS white."
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 12:04 AM

4 posts, read 62,405 times
Im not trying to stir up the pot here but.....
I certainly understand the notion that outsiders change the make up of an area. I am looking to relocate to Colorado or maybe the better way to say it is "escape California". In much the same way as others are leaving Colorado to go to Wyoming and the likes I too must move on. At times I am angered by the constant influx of people trying to find their paradise in California.My point...it sucks but it is what it is!!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:15 AM

7,756 posts, read 16,486,879 times
Default it sucks but it is what it is!!

outahere wrote:
My point...it sucks but it is what it is!!
Well said!

blessings.....Franco

Old 08-16-2007, 02:32 PM

5 posts, read 11,100 times
Wink My Love for Boulder Area, let me count the ways......

I too "served time" living in California. Loved the beaches, sure don't miss the commuting or congestion!!-- Boulder is great for so many reasons. It is one of the few cities that you can actually get the feel of being out of the city while in it- due to all the planned green belts, parks, bikeways....---Better yet, it is also one of the few cities where can actually BE out of the city quickly! (What a novel concept, eh?) --For instance, check out Jamestown. A mere 30 minute max commute to Boulder, and it is out in the bea-u-ti-ful forested area..... It also has several communities building that offer ammenities like: abuttment to BLM land, parks and rec stuff, horse facilities, lakes, rivers......... AND you won't swallow your tongue when you look at the prices. ( I remember looking at closet sized dwellings that went for a half a mil+ in CA) Hope this helps!

Old 08-16-2007, 02:47 PM

5 posts, read 11,100 times
Default To Those Who Bash Texans and Californians in Colorado

I am originally from a town of 50. No, not 50 thousand, I mean 50 souls, Buckwheat. And I still see the kind, small town attitude that warms my heart. There that is. Not here in Mayberry, Colorado where nastiness is a way of life.--Why is it that Colorado is so damned nasty to ANYONE who wasn't hatched here? Don't get me wrong, I have met a few nice folks here, in fact I married one.--- However, I will say- that the best part of Texas is the Texans. Why, you couldn't swing a Coloradan around you without hitting a whole gulf of them!! Southern hospitality, or mere common decency, boy do I miss it here in Colorado.--- As for Californians, I lived there too- so I guess I have the real double whammy of coming from the two states that ya'll hate most. ---- What I don't get is this: why would anyone be nasty, or even downright mean, to anyone- just because of where they used to live?? A radical concept for most Coloradans I know..... but think about it. Doesn't it matter most who the person is, what they believe in, stand for, treat others....??? Another thought: life smells a whole lot sweeter if you don't live it with your head up your butt.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:10 PM

blue skies ahead

Everything you say rings true to me. Great post and welcome to the forum. I'm not a so-called native Coloradoan, but I live here now and Colorado is my home. Personally, I haven't encountered any of the nastiness you speak of in my day to day activities. As far as I can tell, the Texas & California bashing only happens on the forum. Let me be the first one to add to your reputation.

blessings...Franco

Old 08-16-2007, 03:29 PM

144 posts, read 563,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
a friend of Jazzlover said:

"Well, most Coloradans are from California, New York, or Texas. Now that they've screwed up Colorado, they want to move up here."

and I say....that is one narrow minded way of looking at things!
I guess I fall into that category. I'm from NY, and have lived in CA for the past 5 years. Now looking to move to CO. I fit the typecast very well!

Old 08-16-2007, 04:00 PM

24,483 posts, read 28,837,213 times
EVERYWHERE in America is growing. There are more people and more houses and more urban sprawl all over the place. I don't know why people have to blame it on people that are not from their state. I can't wait until my pre-schoolers are adults and can say they grew up in Colorado, unlike their California transplant parents. Hopefully they won't have to deal with this negativity all their lives.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:53 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,967,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
b Personally, I haven't encountered any of the nastiness you speak of in my day to day activities. As far as I can tell, the Texas & California bashing only happens on the forum.
Concur. Maybe if you wear a Raiders shirt on an autumn Sunday afternoon in a Denver sports bar....Man I'd love to go to a Broncos tailgate/game someday....too poor now...too many kids...

I grew up in LA and when the mets or yankees or red sox or cubs were in town it really sucked because 70% of the fans at Dodger Stadium or Anaheim Stadium were rooting against the home team. It bugged me and I am not going to bug locals. I still like my LA teams but I'm not going to flaunt my team jerseys/caps in Colorado. I root for the Sky Sox and if the Dodgers play the Rockies or the Lakers play the Nuggets I just sort of root for a good game. (Looking really forward to Carmelo and Iverson this year....that team is thisclose to being pretty darn good - they sure are exciting).

Old 08-16-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Anything is Possible!

Charles wrote:
I grew up in LA and when the mets or yankees or red sox or cubs were in town it really sucked because 70% of the fans at Dodger Stadium or Anaheim Stadium were rooting against the home team. It bugged me and I am not going to bug locals. I still like my LA teams but I'm not going to flaunt my team jerseys/caps in Colorado. I root for the Sky Sox and if the Dodgers play the Rockies or the Lakers play the Nuggets I just sort of root for a good game. (Looking really forward to Carmelo and Iverson this year....that team is thisclose to being pretty darn good - they sure are exciting).
Maybe they weren't rooting AGAINST the home team. Maybe they were rooting FOR the other team. In many different stadiums I've rooted FOR the visiting team...but...I didn't flaunt it, or taunt the home fans when my team scored or made a great defensive play. I'm too big of a fan to boo the team I'm not rooting for. I appreciate a great performance by players on either team. Like you I'd rather see a good close game ( that hopefully the team I'm rooting for wins by one run ), than a blow out that my team wins by 10 runs. Anyway, sports are supposed to be fun & games. Sometimes people ( myself included ) take it way too seriously. If someone is rooting for the Dodgers at Coors field, my atitude is..let's have a fun & friendly rivalry.

I spent 15 years in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, so I had a chance to follow Iverson as a talented High School player. Even though I think his best years are behind him, I'm glad he's playing for the Nuggets now.

Woops, I must confess, there is one team I HAVE rooted AGAINST and that would be the dreaded Yankees. Nonetheless, I've even mellowed on the Yankess. This year I've actually been rooting FOR them. Since my change of heart toward the Yankees, when someone says something's impossible I look at my 50 years of being an avid Yankee hater and sense that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

blessings...Franco

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 08-16-2007 at 08:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or