U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-24-2012, 06:07 PM

7,965 posts, read 15,305,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
As far as today Pueblo hit a record high of 106 and Unofficially the high was 109 in downtown so I did not get my 110 plus degree day. At least yet as the summer is just starting. Hopefully later.
To prove what? You've already admitted that you don't even go out in the heat. A whole lot of people DO have to work in that brutal heat. I guess you don't care about them at all. I wonder how you would feel if that wonderful A/C of yours quit working and you couldn't get it repaired for awhile. What then, b****s?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Status: "CSU Pueblo football is ranked 2nd in the nation!" (set 4 days ago)

10,088 posts, read 11,022,758 times
I want to make a correction. Yesterday's official record setting high was 107 not 106 in Pueblo. That is only 2 degrees from the official all time record high although unofficially it has been above 110 in Pueblo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
To prove what? You've already admitted that you don't even go out in the heat. A whole lot of people DO have to work in that brutal heat. I guess you don't care about them at all. I wonder how you would feel if that wonderful A/C of yours quit working and you couldn't get it repaired for awhile. What then, b****s?

To prove that the climate in Pueblo is one of the most diverse climates in the nation as we can have very hot days in the summer then thunderstorms followed by snow storms and cold days in the winter as well as mild days in between all these events.

As far as me. I can't change the weather so I figure I might as well enjoy it. That is all part of living working and playing in Pueblo.

Speaking of the forecast today its expected to be a record setting 106 and tomorrow even hotter at 108 and could officially tie or even top the all time official record high of 109. Then the rest of the week it will be "cooler" but still over 100.

This is from my I phone:

One thing to note. Its already over 100 unofficially in downtown.

Last edited by Josseppie; 06-25-2012 at 12:58 PM..

Old 06-25-2012, 05:51 PM

Talking Record heat in Pueblo

Officially Pueblo hit a record high of 105 today. The old record was 104 set back in 1971. This is the fourth consecutive day Pueblo has set a record high.

Now unofficially the high was 109 in downtown so I still did not get my 110 degree day. Hopefully tomorrow!

Old 06-26-2012, 12:55 PM

I think today is going to be a interesting day and could be the hottest of the year so far. As of now, or the last time I checked, it was already unofficially 105 in downtown and its not even 1 pm. I might get my 110 plus degree day......

Last edited by Josseppie; 06-26-2012 at 01:04 PM..

Old 06-26-2012, 02:07 PM

7,965 posts, read 15,305,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I think today is going to be a interesting day and could be the hottest of the year so far. As of now, or the last time I checked, it was already unofficially 105 in downtown and its not even 1 pm. I might get my 110 plus degree day......
It's a real hoot to watch you, day after day, solidify people's impression of Pueblo as a sun-parched hellhole on the flatlands with 100+ degree temperatures every day. Long-time Coloradans like me know that is not a 100% accurate description of Pueblo, but the unknowing outsiders reading your constant crowing about 100 degree temperatures are certainly getting that impression. I guess you didn't get the memo that most wannabe Coloradans are looking for somplace cooler in the summer than where they are. If you really want to promote Pueblo, this might be a real good time to keep your mouth shut about the weather.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:04 PM

8,040 posts, read 12,854,322 times
Quote:
keep your mouth shut
It's hot everywhere in the southwest now, dumbass. If you don't like Joss's thread, you ought to stay out of it and let him be rather than attack him which is against the TOS.

It is hot as hell out here now. It is not as torturous on us as it is in places that have bad humidity... like eastern Kansas, Ok, Texas, Arkansas, etc... but it's awful to our already sparse vegatation here... so yeah. Don't come visit here right now if you have another option. It's Las Vegas hot right here and we've only begun to suffer the effects of it now.

I'm looking forward to a cooler mid/late July and August.

Flashforward: OK Joss, now that you got your "unofficial" 110+, I want you to go out and do some rain dance until it cools down.

Last edited by McGowdog; 06-26-2012 at 05:13 PM..

Old 06-26-2012, 05:09 PM

I was going to say about the same thing that Mcgowdog did. This is turning into a very hot summer all over the state of Colorado and Pueblo is no exception. This is, also, not as bad as 90 degrees with 90% humidity that is seen in the south, Texas and Florida.

Now that I have said that the unofficial high temperature in downtown Pueblo today was....... (drum roll please)

111!!!!!!!!

Yes I finally got my 110 plus degree day. I think this is the hottest I have ever seen it at least that I could confirm. Now I don't know what the official high was at the airport and wont find out till later but wow just wow.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 689 times
Originally Posted by Josseppie

Quote:
It's a real hoot to watch you, day after day, solidify people's impression of Pueblo as a sun-parched hellhole on the flatlands with 100+ degree temperatures every day. Long-time Coloradans like me know that is not a 100% accurate description of Pueblo, but the unknowing outsiders reading your constant crowing about 100 degree temperatures are certainly getting that impression. I guess you didn't get the memo that most wannabe Coloradans are looking for somplace cooler in the summer than where they are. If you really want to promote Pueblo, this might be a real good time to keep your mouth shut about the weather.
Amen! Why would anyone gloat over 105+ temperatures day after day? He claims to be a big supporter of Pueblo, but clearly his posts are doing more harm than good to the city's reputation. I agree: he should keep his mouth shut about this miserable heat wave we're experiencing. It's certainly nothing to brag about, especially if you have to work outdoors to make a living. Plus, there are a whole lot of people in Pueblo who don't have air conditioning, and the local emergency rooms are filling up with people suffering from heat stroke. I lived in Chicago during the '95 heat wave that killed over 800, so it really irks me that this clown is running his mouth every day about how he enjoys this deadly heat and his high hopes for an all-time high temperature every day. Trust me, not everyone who lives in Pueblo shares his viewpoints about this heat wave ... or anything else he writes about, for that matter.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 PM

8,040 posts, read 12,854,322 times
Well I don't agree with his spin on the city nor do I share his passion about breaking records of heat in this climate at this time as I do work outside myself and also have to wear a safety vest and a hard hat which had me sweating all day. I had to go to a hospital today to pick up a vehicle of a fellow employee who checked himself in as he was suffering from dehydration which could have turned into heat stroke had he not gotten care in time.

So what? If you don't like his threads, don't read them. To come in here and suggest someone should "shut his mouth" is not necessary. We already have a moderated forum here. Are you implying further censorship mandated by you, a newbie to City-Data? I say eat a few more bags of potatoes and dry off the back of your ears before you come in here and boss us around.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGarritty View Post
Originally Posted by Josseppie

Amen! Why would anyone gloat over 105+ temperatures day after day? He claims to be a big supporter of Pueblo, but clearly his posts are doing more harm than good to the city's reputation. I agree: he should keep his mouth shut about this miserable heat wave we're experiencing. It's certainly nothing to brag about, especially if you have to work outdoors to make a living. Plus, there are a whole lot of people in Pueblo who don't have air conditioning, and the local emergency rooms are filling up with people suffering from heat stroke. I lived in Chicago during the '95 heat wave that killed over 800, so it really irks me that this clown is running his mouth every day about how he enjoys this deadly heat and his high hopes for an all-time high temperature every day. Trust me, not everyone who lives in Pueblo shares his viewpoints about this heat wave ... or anything else he writes about, for that matter.
This is nothing like the Chicago heatwave where they had heat plus humidity. In fact I called my cousin today in Phoenix and this would be considered normal for them while this is a 100 year event in Pueblo. So yes its hot but its nothing like you see in the south west and the east especially the deep south. I mean the low will still be in the upper 60's tonight that does not happen on a normal night in many parts of the county so lets keep this "heatwave" in perspective.

BTW I was told today that I work outside more then I realize I do. I am not going to go into detail about my job but I have to go to 5 stores a day bringing materials etc and am out in the heat. I also spend time in the office doing book work so I do both every day.

One final thing. I realized a long time ago I can't change the weather as much as I might try. So I figure I might as well enjoy it rather its a heat wave, cold snap, blizzard, thunderstorm etc. I obviously do not want harm on anyone (even my ex ) and hope everyone stays safe but if I come on here and complain or say I am enjoying the weather it won't change what the high was today or will be tomorrow as I am not Harry Potter .

As a side note the official high temperature in Pueblo was 106 which was another record high.

Last edited by Josseppie; 06-26-2012 at 06:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado