U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:24 AM

94 posts, read 453,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Where will you live in the nation where this did not happen? Right now Austin is the most overpriced city in Texas. Im moving to Lovesland, buying a 2000 sq ft home, 8 thousand ft lot, for 211. This is my last week here in this hot H..l hole with the nasty swampy air. I will never be coming back here to Austin. My whole family just sits in airconditioning all day long, cant go anywhere but work or the car. Im freeeeeee. Colorado, snow, mountains, low humidity, Denver Broncos, higher pay, Rocky Mountain National Park, Gaden of the GODs, here I come.

Remember this: Colorado is Gods country, home of the Denver Broncos.

A lot of people like it here in Austin though. Most of them are from other eastern or southern states. West Coasters such as myself hate it. Good riddens Lone Star flag, good bye to all the folks dumb folks that think Sadam caused 911, Good bye state that does not have Carls JR. Good Bye flash floods that I continue to get stuck in every time I drive more than 50 miles.

I will miss the liberals here. Some parts of Austin don't belong in Texas.
Higher Pay? Maybe a little higher...but from what the people on this forum have told me, there is a lack of jobs in Colorado. You should read my post "Fort Collins, No decent paying jobs????". Good luck with your move and the job hunt =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 03:54 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,167,741 times
Default Im Finally in Gods country

Been here a week now. I love it. My son kindergarten class just took a filed trip to Bob Cat Ridge, west of Loveland. That was pretty nice. I love the weather and Im looking forward to the cold too believe it or not. After sweltering humidity, which I have been told was a mild year in Austin, Bring on the cold front. Loveland has some wonderfull bike paths. The mountains are beautifull. I moved here just in time to jump on the Colorado Rockies bandwagon. Its hotter than you know what in Austin, and Raining in Washinton state.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 PM

170 posts, read 697,676 times
Quote:
Been here a week now. I love it. My son kindergarten class just took a filed trip to Bob Cat Ridge, west of Loveland. That was pretty nice. I love the weather and Im looking forward to the cold too believe it or not. After sweltering humidity, which I have been told was a mild year in Austin, Bring on the cold front. Loveland has some wonderfull bike paths. The mountains are beautifull. I moved here just in time to jump on the Colorado Rockies bandwagon. Its hotter than you know what in Austin, and Raining in Washinton state.

Have living in South Tx most of my life (moved to CO in Feb)...I am also looking forward to the cold front that's coming Saturday night....my co-workers think I'm silly because I get excited when there is the slightest talk of snow somewhere in Colorado. I will never go back to living in humidity again. Happy to hear you are loving Colorado!!

Old 10-06-2007, 09:07 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,305,136 times
Quote:
30 years, wow, that sounds like a prison sentence.

It is and after being here for 29 years (raised in CA and lived there for over 28years), I'm so ready to view Texas in my rear-view mirror. My situation may be different than many as I'm approaching my sunset years. While my children were growing up, they were my life and my focus. Now they're grown, and I have realized for many years now that Texas is not where I want to continue to live. My focus is now on why I don't like it here.

I'm in love with southwestern VA but am always looking at other possibilities. Wherever I go, I must have mountains. Here I am now on the CO forum seaching out other possiblities of relocation.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
Wife loves Austin and her home (House 2400sq ft), I love Colorado, lived there most of my life. We actually meet there and got married here (Austin).

Wife says you can do more in the heat then in the cold.
I do have to admit that I don't even own a scraper for my windshield, but man... it's a war to get her to sale all out %$#@ here and move fresh back to CO. Arrgghh!!

She should go where her husband chooses as that's how it's supposed to be. My mom never wanted to leave CA, but my dad wanted to move to TX to be closer to my sister and her bunch. He thought it was a good idea. Well, we were fine in CA but my husband and I, young and dumb, moved as well.

My dad was the one that hated Texas the most and always regretted the move. He referred to it as a "hell hole" and never got used to it although before he passed away, he only lived here for less than 9 years. Mom adjusted well and I guess I did too until my kids grew up and my focus on life changed. I'm praying to get out of this sorry place one day and spend my sunset years in beauty and less heat and humidity. 29 years is way too long to swelter for 5 to 6 months out of the year.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
She should go where her husband chooses as that's how it's supposed to be. My mom never wanted to leave CA, but my dad wanted to move to TX to be closer to my sister and her bunch. He thought it was a good idea. Well, we were fine in CA but my husband and I, young and dumb, moved as well.

My dad was the one that hated Texas the most and always regretted the move. He referred to it as a "hell hole" and never got used to it although before he passed away, he only lived here for less than 9 years. Mom adjusted well and I guess I did too until my kids grew up and my focus on life changed. I'm praying to get out of this sorry place one day and spend my sunset years in beauty and less heat and humidity. 29 years is way too long to swelter for 5 to 6 months out of the year.
Get your butt up here to Colorado, Its just wonderfull. Absolutely NO humidity. The Sky is Blue, so much bluer than Austin. I don't know why but everything looked white and washed out to me there. It was the worst 5 months of my 39 years on the plannet. Mountains, pine trees, better road systems galore. The sunsets here are spectacular. You moved to Texas when I was 10 years old. That is an unthinkable amount of time. I was so glad to be out of there, as soon as I hit Oklahoma, I flipped Texas off and just giggled with excitement.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Get your butt up here to Colorado, Its just wonderfull. Absolutely NO humidity. The Sky is Blue, so much bluer than Austin. I don't know why but everything looked white and washed out to me there. It was the worst 5 months of my 39 years on the plannet. Mountains, pine trees, better road systems galore. The sunsets here are spectacular. You moved to Texas when I was 10 years old. That is an unthinkable amount of time. I was so glad to be out of there, as soon as I hit Oklahoma, I flipped Texas off and just giggled with excitement.
You're so welcoming. Thanks!! I'm coming to Aurora over the Christmas holidays to see my great-nephew, his wife, and my great-great nephew who will be celebrating his 1st birthday on December 27. I can't wait. I just called my sister about an hour ago to confirm that I'm joining some other members of my family for the trip.

My great-nephew and his wife are in the service and stationed there for now. One day when they get out, I believe they'll wind up in Minnesota where my great-niece-in-law is from. I've never been to MN, but can speculate it beats Texas.

I actually live about 150 miles north of Austin but nevertheless, I know what you mean about everything looking washed out. I think it has a lot to do with the humidity because it can become so thick. After a nice rain, it usually looks better for a little bit of time anyway.

Last edited by KewGee; 10-06-2007 at 11:41 AM..

Old 10-06-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
You're so welcoming. Thanks!! I'm coming to Aurora over the Christmas holidays to see my great-nephew, his wife, and my great-great nephew who will be celebrating his 1st birthday on December 27. I can't wait. I just called my sister about an hour ago to confirm that I'm joining some other members of my family for the trip.

My great-nephew and his wife are in the service and stationed there for now. One day when they get out, I believe they'll wind up in Minnesota where my great-niece-in-law is from. I've never been to MN, but can speculate it beats Texas.

I actually live about 150 miles north of Austin but nevertheless, I know what you mean about everything looking washed out. I think it has a lot to do with the humidity because it can become so thick. After a nice rain, it usually looks better for a little bit of time anyway.
shucks your going to miss the fall here. Its so beautiful, the green pines mixed with the yellow aspens. We went to Estes Park, West of Fort Collins Colorado. Every turn was a post card.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:16 PM

170 posts, read 697,676 times
Quote:
She should go where her husband chooses as that's how it's supposed to be.
Are you living in the early 1900's?

Old 10-06-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minz View Post
Are you living in the early 1900's?
Thats a good wife. good for her. My wife wants me to lead, bring home the money, and protect her and our child. In turn, I want her to be a wonderfull wife and mother. Its a stucture that has made us a very happy family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or