U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:50 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,307,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minz View Post
Are you living in the early 1900's?

sberdrow said it likes it's supposed to be; I can't say it any better. Thanks, sberdrow. If that constitutes living in the early 1900s, so be it. It sounds great to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 11:37 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,169,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
sberdrow said it likes it's supposed to be; I can't say it any better. Thanks, sberdrow. If that constitutes living in the early 1900s, so be it. It sounds great to me.
your welcome, I agree with you about the early 1900s, that was a wonderfull era for families. My family is the only family in my circle of friends that still sits at the kitchen table at night for dinner, all of us.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:29 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,307,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
your welcome, I agree with you about the early 1900s, that was a wonderfull era for families. My family is the only family in my circle of friends that still sits at the kitchen table at night for dinner, all of us.
Wow, I commend you and your family for that. It takes a strong leader of the home to make sure that priorities are followed and decent values remain strong. Good job!!

Old 11-12-2007, 12:00 PM

1,618 posts, read 5,844,654 times
A friend here @ work (Austin), just got back from Denver. Her boyfriend and her rented a HOG (Harley) and toured the mountains. She said she'Z in LOVE w/ Colorado!!

It's a cloudy day here in Austin. My Xmas will be sitting around the pool w/ a tank-top, shorts and slippers while sipping on my coffee.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:05 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,169,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
A friend here @ work (Austin), just got back from Denver. Her boyfriend and her rented a HOG (Harley) and toured the mountains. She said she'Z in LOVE w/ Colorado!!

It's a cloudy day here in Austin. My Xmas will be sitting around the pool w/ a tank-top, shorts and slippers while sipping on my coffee.
but your summer will be hiding inside for 5 months with AC on full blast, while Im in some deep evergreen forest in the mountains of Colorado or Washington state

Old 11-14-2007, 07:17 AM

676 posts, read 2,494,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post

If your pool was a beach and you had a pretty girl tanning next to you I might be jealous.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
but your summer will be hiding inside for 5 months with AC on full blast, while Im in some deep evergreen forest in the mountains of Colorado or Washington state

That's true for most, but the one's that stay inside are the home bodies. But I did get a pool put in for one of many reason. We are surround by lakes / body of water. So really there is no excuse for not going outside and play in the summer. I even mountain bike in the summer in 100 degree heat. More sweat, but I dig the reward afterwards.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
If your pool was a beach and you had a pretty girl tanning next to you I might be jealous.

Trust me, I'll give all this up in a heart beat to be back to CO.

Then again most of my life was spent in Colorado. So yea, I miss it!

Austin to me is just very young, I am not young anymore or care to party downtown. I want more to life then drink, party and drive 8 hrs to do some things as sberdrow mentioned below .

Old 11-15-2007, 11:49 AM

4 posts, read 16,643 times
Quote:
I will be making my second attempt to leave Austin for Colorado. Leave is a weak term. Escape is more like it. I am in the same boat. Too much humidity, no mountains, no seasons. Im glad there is someone else like me. Its kind of weird here. People are so enamored with Texas... Im from Washington state. I moved for the cheaper houses and the better job market.

Besides being a life time Bronco fan, I love the mountains, the trees, and the people of Colorado.

Can anybody think of any reason why I should not move to Loveland, just south of Fort Collins?

Good luck on your escape from Texas.
Yeah, but bet you found Austin is not that cheap, or you hated breathing that AC air for 10 months or the lack of direction from being land locked...and there are outdoor activities , if you stand the HUMIDITY!..and the drivers? OYYY I am from NJ/NY and Cal. and handle those highways, but here, afraid to get in my car to get milk! Austin does have one of the highest rates of accidents! I , too am looking to escape, to Co., possibly or Norther Cal. Look forward to hearng about your move.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:08 PM

4 posts, read 16,643 times
Austin is not really Texas and the jab is meant. Not to offend Texans but to say the rest of Texas is NOT liberal, diverse or intellectually interesting, is it? I am of course over generalizing, and agree it is big state. But I don't understand the overrated pride. You can't tell me Texas is more beautiful than the Pacific northwest for example, or than southern Co., or Utah..the beaches, well, I am from NJ and if you have seen anything other than Newark airport to NY city you know Jersey beaches are great. California, like it or hate it, is beautiful and very diverse. Northern cal so different than SCal in all ways and the coast drive..gorgeous! I am in Austin and planning to leave and have met many , very white Texans with that great pride , but have met few who have actually been any other place! And MY GOODNESS..it is hot and HUMID, which makes it hard to enjoy what is here. And lets not even start on the roadways and signs or lack of, mega manna attitude and overall disliike for anyone, well , who isn't Texan..JUST M.H.O. from a girl still searching for her home, and of course home is what you make of it and Austin has its charm, but it is more liberal than San Diego and thus , not really Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or