U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:41 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,653,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader23 View Post
I've been reading lots of posts and am beginning to get concerned on the cost of living. Essentially my husband will be starting a new career and will need time to build, meanwhile, we will be living on his retirement income, (half of what his base pay is now, [not a lot]) and the income of whatever job I can manage to get. What, in ya'lls opinion, would be a good yearly salary to live comfortably in the Co Springs/Pueblo area? Keeping in mind that we will still have 3 children to co portly support and 2 in college to help.

Thank you for your responses
You should be concerned...but you're really asking the wrong question.

You need to collect information on expected monthly rent/PITI, utilities, taxes, etc, specific to the kind of housing in the neighborhoods you might want to live in, and add them to the other expenses you'd expect to incur living the lifestyle you want to live, and do the math for yourself. Your idea of "living comfortably" will be much different than the next family's, and your expenses for health care, education, transportation, food, entertainment, etc will vary substantially from those of others.

Nobody that isn't intimately familiar with your personal financial obligations and spending habits can possibly give you an intelligent or reliable answer to a question like "what...would be a good yearly salary to live comfortably in the Co Springs/Pueblo area?"

The cost of basic necessities like food, energy, and health care are shooting up rapidly right now. So allow yourself an ample margin for an upward-ramping cost of living in your math.

You need to think critically for yourself with a realistic awareness of the economic climate in the context of your personal economic situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 01:45 PM

16 posts, read 29,528 times
Retirement in about a year now and we have narrowed our choice down to Colorado (for sure) Pueblo or CoS area. It seems like either of those would fit us well. Next question is "Are there any good plots available in either city where we can build?" We are not looking for mansion size, having a nice plot where we can build about a 2,000sq ft. house (give or take) and a small maintainable yard. Not in the middle of nowhere, but not anywhere where we would be practically on top of our neighbors. And can anyone recommend a reliable Realtor and Construction company? We will be taking several trips there beginning early next year, and I would like to have some good idea of where to focus our search. Thanks to everyone for your input! We appreciate it.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:50 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,357,583 times
If you are looking at Pueblo I would suggest Panorama by CSU Pueblo or Eagle Ridge or West Gate off of Pueblo Blvd lastly but not least South Gate on the south side of town. Maybe even Pueblo West if u want to live in the suburbs.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:22 PM

28 posts, read 84,631 times
Hey Reader23, I'm kinda in the same boat as you, I will retire from the military in 12 Months, and I live in Pueblo. My family loves it here. Its really a laid back kind of town. My only other choice by default for residence would of been COS, since I'm stationed at Ft.Carson. I would pick Pueblo, easily over COS, for so many reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or