Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:32 AM

125 posts, read 330,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommobran View Post
Thanks for the replies. Your information is really helpful in making decisions on where to go.

I may steer away from Colorado Springs given the previous posts. Broomfield area looks nice and seems to be split between Denver and Boulder. How is the public transportation overall if I needed to travel from a smaller town to the city? Any suggestions for smaller towns that are close to Denver or Boulder with easily accessible public transportation?

I plan on taking a vacation in Colorado this summer/fall. I am going to rent a car and check out perspective areas I would like to like and work. Having about 5 days in Colorado, what route would you take to get the most out of the trip and what would be the best month to go?

As always, thanks for the replies.
Hi, my two cents:
Housing costs in Bldr & Ft C are both way too high; same for the park zones in Den. Most destined for Ft C end up in Loveland due to $. Co Spr is very military and there are lots of satanist groups in addition to the jesus clubs. Plus it's higher so it's as cold as Ft C.
If I were just moving here for a future I'd start w/Louisville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 11:49 AM

10 posts, read 13,974 times
Maniacaltwist/choosing78,
Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. It really helps! I'll definitely take a look at the your suggestions. I plan on taking a trip out there this summer to see for myself. I've lived in Baltimore for the last 13 years and it's time to go. If I have any more questions, I'll be sure to ask. Thanks!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:56 PM

125 posts, read 330,255 times
O so I'm chopped liver? Never mind then.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:08 PM

47 posts, read 99,747 times
@ pops .. im reading .. lol ive become very interested in col but do not know where to even begin ... thanks pops and everyone else for the input and to the one that began the post this has been most helpful .... i just wish i had a magic wand to tell me exactly where to go where to put my children in school and where i can find a job ...

Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 AM

18,601 posts, read 33,168,447 times
Satanist clubs?...

Old 03-28-2011, 06:19 AM

10 posts, read 13,974 times
Sorry Pops, no disrespect intended. I didn't see your post until after I submitted mine. Your post along with the others has me looking at Louisville. Thanks again!

Old 03-29-2011, 01:53 AM

3 posts, read 3,105 times
im having a hard time making a choice were to move in colorado im from worcester ,ma but im living in tampa,fl i have bin looking up alot of things of colorado and i like what i hear and see but i guess what makes my choice difficult is im a city boy and i would like to be in between the city and some what the country side. i work as a private security for a record company and im planing to move out of here maybe with in a year im a single man so im not going to carry any extra baggage. im planing to head to Colorado for vacation but that alone brings me back to square 1 not sure were to go or to start??

Old 03-29-2011, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,123 times
Hello,

I am going to Colorado later this week. We are staying in downtown Denver. What are some places we MUST visit? We will be there through the weekend. We are looking for ski areas, breath taking scenery, shopping, nightlife, ect. Anything you can think of. I really appreciate the help.

Regards,

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-29-2011 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: Advertising / self promotion not allowed.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:40 AM

6 posts, read 7,085 times
Longislan, If you are staying at the Brown Palace, you're in for a real treat. The Sheraton I hear is nice too. Drive on out to Golden and do the Coors plant tour, then Black Hawk, and Central City, while there, Nevadaville is right next-door (Ghost-town)... may want to do Golden, and Coors tour afterward. On Saturday, a huge contingent of Classic car buffs cruise the streets there. Unbelievable. While in Golden do the Table Mountain Inn. Very nice. Head down to Morrison at one point and see Red Rocks Ampitheatre. If the chance arises head on by Boulder and watch the people at the Pearl Street Mall - "The PRB," it's like a whole other world. A cruise up the canyon to Boulder Falls is sweet, and if you have the time, go on up to Nederland, and hang a right up the Peak-to-Peak. Hwy 7 takes you as close to the mountains and high enough as most want to be. Stop by Estes Park, maybe head into the National Park if the mountains haven't satisfied you yet. In the Park, Bear Lake will never let you down (If the parking lot's not full). Then from Estes back down to The Valley in Lyons for a beer at Oskar Blues. Btw, best Sushi in the state Probably is in Longmont on the SW side, place called Sushi Leo. Was the best kept secret - but the word is getting out. Back in Denver there is of course the 16th St Mall where you'll find some pretty neat stuff too. Lodo is loaded with restaurants. Lots to do, and too little time. Does this help?

Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM

6 posts, read 7,085 times
Louisville is a nice little package no doubt. Very clean, very suburban, lots OF suburbans; mostly two income families by far (the town and its neighborhoods are all desolate weekdays); three car garages; big screen TVs; fairly, somewhat, expensive in comparison to any other area than Boulder really. Nice location if you feel the need to escape quickly - which you may - and decent amenities. It made the top-five best places to live by Forbes magazine a few years ago. Worth a look if IV-injected suburbia is your thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado