U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM

28 posts, read 66,355 times

Advertisements

newhandle,
Legalization is coming to Co. Sooner than you realize. Check out: MPP.org and norml.org. Perhaps some of you anti MJ should go there too to get some facts and knowledge. Reefer Madness was not a clear depiction of smoking weed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 07:41 PM

I'm in so much pain right now, I wish I had a joint to smoke. Prescription Drugs Kill. I worked as an RN (nurse) for enough years to see what prescriptions are doing to patients. I've also have to take RX for severe pain. It makes me sick literally, Oh, marijuana could cure that nausea though. Wish I could drink a glass of wine but oh thats right it does not mix with the prescription...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 PM

jim9251 up drinking at 2 am? Maybe you should take a prescription drug so you can sleep. Ignorant people are the stupid ones.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:53 PM

Jim 9251 were they drunk or were they high. If they were loud and obnoxious, they were probably drunk and planning some crime. If they were stoned they would probably be at home taking advantage of the creativity you get when you're stoned.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:07 PM

10,520 posts, read 11,628,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crislsoul View Post
jim9251 up drinking at 2 am? Maybe you should take a prescription drug so you can sleep. Ignorant people are the stupid ones.
Personal attacks really are not necessary. I sleep fine thank you and don't drink.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 PM

Well good for you Jim. Did not mean to offend.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 AM

7,754 posts, read 16,450,212 times
crisisoul wrote:
I think that many people on here watched that old movie: REEFER MADNESS and actually believed it.
I've only seen it once, and that was during basic training in the Air Force back in '69. I think they showed it to us to give us the facts or scare us, but most of us thought it was pure comedy. It was a real challange not to burst into laughter, which would have been highly frowned upon and probably cause for disciplinary action.

By the way, I rarely ever use MJ myself. I abstained completely for over 30 years, never missing the weed one bit. Then a couple years ago I was visiting an old HS friend in the weed friendly state of California, and we lit up several times. It was a pleasnat experience, but nothing to write home about. I can take it or leave it myself, but I'm totally in favor of decriminilazation. IMO, the so called war on drugs is an utter waste of money and manpower. I'd like to give everyone involved with that witch hunt a big fat pink slip with no unemployment benefits allowed. Even though I think most of the witch hunters deserve prison time themselves, I'm not in favor of that, because it would just create more criminals that we-the-taxpayer would end up supporting.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 04-01-2011 at 08:35 AM..

Old 04-01-2011, 08:34 AM

84,960 posts, read 98,795,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crislsoul View Post
Jazz lover, Heroin is legal. It is in many narcotics eg: oxy-contin, it is also highly addictive as are all prescribed narcotics. They are knocking ocer pharmacies left and right here to obtain it because it is sooo addictive. Narcotics flood the liver and kidneys with toxins much like alcohol. They also have terrible side effects much like alcohol. And , they do not mix with alcohol! MJ is a natural substance like aspirin. As with alcohol, which is much more dangerous, it needs to be used responsibly. MJ could help many woes in our society. Yes, it needs to be regulated but it is far safer than alcohol and prescription drugs.The pharmaceutical companies and the alcohol industry plays a big part in keeping it illegal because it would markedly decrease RX company incomes. federal law considers it a schedule l narcotic. Signed by Nixon. His MJ law should have been impeached along with him. If people would actually study the facts about MJ they would not be so ignorant about its benefits. Drunk people have two personalities. Stoned people are relaxed , creative, and friendly. What benefits does alcohol have?( rape, murder, car accidents, hate crimes, sex crimes) You need to mellow out and smoke a joint. Do that and then talk to me!
Oxycontin does not contain heroin. Heroin and alcohol are also "natural" substances. Aspirin, like most other "natural" substances, has its side effects. I'm not taking a stance in this marijuana issue, just sayin'.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:22 PM

331 posts, read 866,774 times
Opiates like heroin and oxycontin come from a plant that grows naturally. This does not mean that oxycontin is made from heroin. Neither are bagels that contain poppy seeds. You won't find homeless addicts strung out on bagels begging for change. I'm really hoping you were stoned off your gourd when you wrote that post.

As for pot making everyone happy and lovey-dovey, it's not true. I know many people who feel completely paranoid and nauseated when they consume MJ. Hell, the first few times I did it, I was paranoid and became sick twice. I like it now... ;-)
As for alcohol causing rape and murder, I'm one of those that feels relaxed, creative, and friendly when I drink. I've never raped anyone, murdered anyone, nor gotten behind the wheel and driven when I've been drunk. Maybe I'm just one of those lucky few that didn't get the damaging effects of alcohol (RAPE?!)?

The tired argument of MJ being "safer than ___" is BS. Smoking a joint is also safer than playing with guns, auto-asphyxiation, and drinking bleach. This has to be one of the worst pro-MJ arguments ever. Not smoking MJ is a lot safer than smoking MJ, so where does that leave us?

I agree with Cowboyxjon in that a lot of the dispensaries look pretty shady. It's hard to take a "pharmacy" seriously when they have a giant sign out front saying "$25 1/8! Lowest prices in town!!" and whatnot. It makes it look like a gas station with price wars and such. I also wouldn't go to a doctor that has a large sign out front that says "$60 first exam! Lowest prices in town!" Between that or eating at a restaurant called "Restaurant," I just don't have much trust.

I guess this is my long-winded way of saying:
"I don't have a stance on the legalization of MJ, because those that want to do it are going to do it anyway. MJ is everywhere. However, if you're going to be an advocate for its use, don't speak out when you're stoned. Let educated sober people speak out instead."

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-04-2011 at 04:45 PM..

Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 AM

2,533 posts, read 5,817,246 times
Another issue of the controversey-

In today's Denver Post:

Reefer madness: Alpine Bank sues Alpine Dank
Quote:
Alpine Banks might be in the business of dealing green, but not the kind sold by Alpine Dank.

And that's why the Glenwood Springs-based financial institution, which runs banks throughout the Roaring Fork Valley and Western Slope, wants to snuff out the Alpine Dank name.

On Friday, Alpine Banks of Colorado filed a lawsuit in Denver federal court against Alpine Dank and its founder, Jeffery Lessard of Basalt and Telluride. Alpine Banks claims that Lessard has created confusion in the marketplace with the Alpine Dank name, and seeks a court injunction to stop Lessard from using the marijuana-inspired moniker. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or