Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:58 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times

Advertisements

IMO, making the posession of a plant illegal, that was put on the face of the planet by the creator, is an act of human arrogance and stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 11:56 AM

6,802 posts, read 9,350,606 times
This is a hard issue for me because I don't have a strong opinion either way, re: decriminalization. I don't intend to ever use marijuana, but I suppose I don't mind if other people use it as long as it doesn't affect me.

One thing I can't stand, however, is that it seems like medical marijuana places have popped up all over Denver and I feel like many of them look so incredibly seedy to the point where I wonder if an empty storefront would better serve the neighborhood. I pass by at least five of them while riding the bus to work every day. I guess I envisioned MMJ dispensaries as being more professional in appearance and/or resembling a legitimate pharmacy back when this issue was in the news.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:27 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
[quote=Idunn;18499468]As far as I'm concerned what one does with their body, or puts in it, is entirely their concern. Ours and ours alone, the government or anybody else can butt out.
quote]

I agree to an extent (find w/people smoking, smoking weed, drinking) but I don't agree when it comes to drugs like meth and heroine. First, it ruins lives very fast. Second, people on these drugs cost society a lot. They can't work, they steal to get drugs, they cause work for police and social services.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Oh yay, just what we need another legal drug to make people stupid.
Could you provide us with a link to this foolish proposition?

I thought not...

Old 03-31-2011, 03:50 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Could you provide us with a link to this foolish proposition?

I thought not...
Maybe just a personal observation after 35 years of dealing with stupid idiots who were drunk or high.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:16 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Maybe just a personal observation after 35 years of dealing with stupid idiots who were drunk or high.
Oh, that explains it.
Jim, I took exception to your comment because of this part of your statement:
Quote:
Oh yay, just what we need another legal drug to make people stupid.

I was curious as to what qualifies legalized marijuana, as anything that makes people stupid. In a way it's like the old, "which came first" analogy,
the chicken or the egg? I might be incorrect in this assumption but I believe that marijuana was here long before stupidity arrived. I also tend to favor,
the notion, that those forces of nature which allowed marijuana to happen across the planet, didn't act in stupidity. We've always seen stupidity and
we always will, it's a part of life that is constantly being redefined in contrast to many situations, from the invasion of Iraq, to outsourcing American
manufacturing or investing with Madoff. As long as I understood your statement to be little more than an opinion, it occured to me that this very broad
statement, if altered slightly, might better illustrate the universal application of the word, STUPID, if adjusted this way:

Quote:
Maybe just a personal observation after 35 years of dealing with stupid politicians who were drunk with power or high on themselves,
unable to do the right thing for the American people.
Isn't there a measure of unfairness in not considering the beneficial contributions offered by the legalization of marijuana, or for that matter, hemp, a product
that has provided so many good things for mankind? We could benefit greatly if our leaders were willing to undo the snarled volumns of bogus legislation created
by avaricious politicians and bureaucrats who, from their earliest beginnings, sought to immortalize themselves as "saviors" of humanity. Somehow, I can't escape
the feeling that you have failed to look deeply into the big picture, that you are missing some of the greater issues beyond getting high or acting, as you say, stupid.

But maybe, like you said, it's just a personal observation...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:15 PM

28 posts, read 75,942 times
Jazz lover, Heroin is legal. It is in many narcotics eg: oxy-contin, it is also highly addictive as are all prescribed narcotics. They are knocking ocer pharmacies left and right here to obtain it because it is sooo addictive. Narcotics flood the liver and kidneys with toxins much like alcohol. They also have terrible side effects much like alcohol. And , they do not mix with alcohol! MJ is a natural substance like aspirin. As with alcohol, which is much more dangerous, it needs to be used responsibly. MJ could help many woes in our society. Yes, it needs to be regulated but it is far safer than alcohol and prescription drugs.The pharmaceutical companies and the alcohol industry plays a big part in keeping it illegal because it would markedly decrease RX company incomes. federal law considers it a schedule l narcotic. Signed by Nixon. His MJ law should have been impeached along with him. If people would actually study the facts about MJ they would not be so ignorant about its benefits. Drunk people have two personalities. Stoned people are relaxed , creative, and friendly. What benefits does alcohol have?( rape, murder, car accidents, hate crimes, sex crimes) You need to mellow out and smoke a joint. Do that and then talk to me!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:16 PM

Thank you Cosmic Wizard, Wow there are some intelligent people on here huh?

Old 03-31-2011, 07:23 PM

Long Island Eddie, I think that many people on here watched that old movie: REEFER MADNESS and actually believed it. Ignorance is bliss but where does that get anyone. Open your minds people. Maybe your minds are being burned up by your cell phones.(That's another matter all together.)

Old 03-31-2011, 07:31 PM

jessme2, When I was in Duarango a couple years ago I saw in the classifieds a few things about medial merajuana. You can get it there. And it is better than the trash we have here in NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado