U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 05:34 PM

9,280 posts, read 5,788,929 times

Advertisements

If you are going to look at Cortez, I'd look into Delores too. It had a nice museum and I saw a lot of live stock around there (sheep included). I have friends who have a pretty little place with horses by Rye, it's beautiful. They claim to have gotten a super good deal on the place and I noticed sheep there too. That's between Canon City and Trinidad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 01:27 PM

1,778 posts, read 3,480,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
None of the above. Why not try Salida? It's not all the hell and gone like Cortez, doesn't have the uncomfortable Federal Prison vibe of Canon City, and doesn't have all that sex change stuff going on like Trinidad (nothing against sex changes - some people feel awkward about them is all). Monte Vista is also a nice little town where you can raise live-stock - just don't end up in some remote part of the San Luis Valley with no water.

They do not do it anymore. She/he moved to San Francisco. Trinidad is trying and will hopefully recapture it's wild western history. Black Jack Saloon is having all kinds of events. The town is neat and has tons of history well I guess you've guessed I love Trinidad and I've been all over Colorado, New Mexico and lived in other states too.
You will find the prices of land very reasonable in Trinidad. I have a cattle ranch I will or am going to try and sell and will probably move to the Santa Fe Trail subdivision on the Raton pass. They are 40 acres each and I saw a family with llamas, another family with sheep and of course it is open range in the area. Cost I felt was quite reasonable. Now you can even go down route 12 and get beautiful land even cheaper. I prefer Trinidad to Canon City. I also like the San Luis Valley but would be scared if you needed help quick.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:27 PM

4 posts, read 4,916 times
Hi, I live in Tennessee but really hate it and my grandchildren are here and that's is what holding me back from moving to Colorado where from what I have read is full of legal med. mary jane, which I'm on disability and can't do much with my grandkids anyway so they never come around and my daughter never calls or comes around so I figured they have their own life and I have my and I'm tired of taking man made pain pills and I love my pot and would like to be able to get it without having to worry about the cops taking it away. What towns would be the best to live in with less than 50,000 people?
In Need of Help!

Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 PM

4,253 posts, read 3,953,040 times
What are your other criterea besides the availability of medical marijuana?

Old 06-08-2011, 01:05 AM

12,842 posts, read 24,483,936 times
Good heavens, that was a long sentence!
Most "towns" in Colorado are well under 50,000 people. What are the other requirements, like budget, transport, health facilities, you know, that stuff?

Old 03-14-2013, 05:55 PM

479 posts, read 675,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagant1932 View Post
Hi, I live in Tennessee but really hate it and my grandchildren are here and that's is what holding me back from moving to Colorado where from what I have read is full of legal med. mary jane, which I'm on disability and can't do much with my grandkids anyway so they never come around and my daughter never calls or comes around so I figured they have their own life and I have my and I'm tired of taking man made pain pills and I love my pot and would like to be able to get it without having to worry about the cops taking it away. What towns would be the best to live in with less than 50,000 people?
In Need of Help!
keep an eye on this discussion thread. others are trying to figure out the same thing.

Where to move in Colorado for jobs/friendly marijuana laws

towns with mmj dispensaries are the most likely to look at. altitude, micro-climate, housing, grocery stores, healthcare facilities are other criteria. find each town's website and online newspapers to learn more about it.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,199,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagant1932 View Post
In Need of Help!
A couple of former co-workers have MMJ cards and the concentration of dispensaries is downtown Denver and Boulder. You might try Longmont and then you could easily buy in Boulder, Denver, or even Fort Collins. All of those area are MJ friendly. I would suggest anything north of Denver between Fort Collins and check Longmont people are nicer there than Denver smaller city used to be farms and ranches.
I texted my buddy and he told me to tell you check this site https://legalmarijuanadispensary.com/

Old 03-15-2013, 05:20 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,153,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post

As for the peeing out in the backcountry, nearly everyone who lives in the Rocky Mountain West and who travels in the backcountry at all has done it (often)--and the people who say they haven't are probably lying about it. I personally have irrigated many thousands of plants in the backcountry of this semi-arid region (some yesterday, as a matter of fact).
The politicaly correct procedure is to drive to the nearest coffee shop or service station (shouldn't be more than 50-75 miles tops), buy a cup of coffee out of courtesy, and use their rest room. Shame on you Jazz.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:59 PM

12,842 posts, read 24,483,936 times
Ha. I took my sister out to southwest Colorado (she'd barely ever been out of New Jersey) and she peed in the great outdoors for the first time at age 42. Needed instruction, too.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:00 PM

45 posts, read 34,496 times
Default The real Cactus Ed: Alcoholic Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I always liked the epitaph he chose for his headstone - "No Comment"

For you Ed Abbey fans check out Tom Russell's tribute below.

YouTube - The Ballad of Edward Abbey

Most blind fans of Abbey don't like to admit that fact. But, the circumstantial evidence is heavy.

Five marriages.

Esophageal varices, which are just 100 percent caused by alcoholic drinking.

Pancreatitis before that, preliminarily diagnosed as pancreatic cancer, often caused by alcoholic drinking.

Failure to stay quit on drinking in the face of dangerous bleeding from said varices.

===

That said, Abbey was also not an environmentalist. (Which he said, himself. He said he didn't want to be called one.)

Beyond the antics mentioned above, there's others, like kicking a tire off the rim of the Grand Canyon.

He was above all, temperamentally and philosophically, an anarchist, which he did stress about himself. And, his alcoholic-level drinking went with that.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-31-2013 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Adding Ed Abbey reference from earlier in the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado