U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 AM

8,317 posts, read 25,181,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanL View Post
Just do 24 thru Breck/Alma/Fairplay not,...Leadville/Buena Vista/Salida....it is MUCH faster!!! I used to do that route at least once a month to visit Breck for lunch and stuff!! Yeppers!!
Have to disagree--the last time I drove that route (last summer), it took me nearly two hours to get from Frisco to Fairplay. Horrible traffic into Breck and bumper-to-bumper traffic nearly all the way to Fairplay over Hoosier Pass. That was on a weekday starting about 3 PM. A few weeks later, I drove the Tennessee Pass route--sparse traffic and made the speed limit almost all the way. About the same time of day, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 11:30 AM

9,817 posts, read 19,078,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Have to disagree--the last time I drove that route (last summer), it took me nearly two hours to get from Frisco to Fairplay. Horrible traffic into Breck and bumper-to-bumper traffic nearly all the way to Fairplay over Hoosier Pass. That was on a weekday starting about 3 PM. A few weeks later, I drove the Tennessee Pass route--sparse traffic and made the speed limit almost all the way. About the same time of day, too.
Even on weekdays it takes a while to crawl thru Frisco to the other side of Breck. I wouldn't bother going that way myself.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 AM

1,331 posts, read 4,427,249 times
Yea, I guess that's true. Of course, I was traveling from Canon to Breckenridge. If I were to take the Salida 24, I would have been going further west then, back east thereby doubling back...both ways!!!
Since the OP would be starting out and going back further west, that makes sense!! I had Breck on my mind!!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:23 PM

331 posts, read 869,160 times
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but just made my first trip of many to Canon City via Leadville / Buena Vista / Salida route, and I'd have to say, it was a beautiful drive! Thanks again for the suggestions!

Old 05-03-2011, 11:14 PM

2,980 posts, read 6,652,263 times
Pyrotech - I was driving down that way recently and thought that between Battle Mountain and Leadville there are some nice little river areas for the pup to swim once ALL that snow melts.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:50 PM

331 posts, read 869,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
Pyrotech - I was driving down that way recently and thought that between Battle Mountain and Leadville there are some nice little river areas for the pup to swim once ALL that snow melts.
Thanks; I hadn't even thought of that. When I was driving down, it was snowy, so I was pretty focused on the road, but driving back, it was so scenic that I pulled over from time to time just to soak it all up. I'll be on the lookout for those spots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado