U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 03:24 PM

7,755 posts, read 16,459,702 times

Advertisements

Prodigal Native wrote:
I work with several people from that agency and nobody can tell my why on earth a cop bothered to run the Weinermobile's plates.
The cops were probably hungry, hoping that the weiny-mobile drivers would bribe em with free hot dogs to drop the charges!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 04:33 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,085,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Prodigal Native wrote:
I work with several people from that agency and nobody can tell my why on earth a cop bothered to run the Weinermobile's plates.
The cops were probably hungry, hoping that the weiny-mobile drivers would bribe em with free hot dogs to drop the charges!
OR, maybe there were a couple of cute girls driving it~~~~~

Old 08-22-2011, 05:05 PM

20,312 posts, read 37,815,914 times
Quote:
...The cops were probably hungry, hoping that the weiny-mobile drivers would bribe em with free hot dogs to drop the charges!
Hmmmm, hot dogs served between a pair of bavarian cream donuts...yummm
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:53 PM

10,545 posts, read 11,642,242 times
Hello to my loyal fans. Not much going on here in Delta County. Been doing gardening, fishing and my usual wandering around.

Boy oh boy, fall is in the air. Only 98 degrees here today. I swear the mosquitoes are putting on sweaters.

I fully expect a Christmas Card and rum cake from DMEA since I am single handedly supporting them through my central air conditioning this summer. It does cool off enough around 4 am for the air conditioner to shut off, for a few minutes.

It appears the Rainbow People are in Paonia and that's a cause for alarm. I have no idea what any of that means, but EEEK!

And so it goes...

Old 09-01-2011, 09:31 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,111,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
It appears the Rainbow People are in Paonia and that's a cause for alarm. I have no idea what any of that means, but EEEK!
They are a bunch of dirtbags. The last time they were in Delta County back in 1991, they trashed the whole area up around Overland Reservoir. They also engaged in such "pleasantries" as using illicit drugs in front of the Delta Public Library during Kids' Reading Day at the library, a few had sex in the parking lot (on the pavement, not in vehicles) at the local City Market store one morning, a bunch of 'em stripped naked at a carwash in Paonia and proceeded to hose off in the carwash, and numerous local residents found that the Rainbows had defecated in their yards. Yep, they were a real "class" bunch. And, their presence cost the county, state, and US Forest Service a large amount of money for increased law enforcement, litter cleanup, and the like--all the while bringing little economic benefit to the area. A few of those Rainbow slugs even tried to fraudulently get on the local welfare rolls, even though they didn't live in the county. A few years ago, when they had their little gathering up in Routt National Forest, they got into a fairly serious altercation with some of the Forest Service people--the latter simply trying to do their job and enforce the Forest Service rules that all of the rest of us are obliged to follow. The Rainbow's strategy is simply to show up in sufficient numbers to overwhelm local law enforcement's ability to stop them from doing all the worthless and illegal crap that they do. It would be nice to see them get their chops busted so hard some day that they would think twice about pulling their nonsense, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:59 AM

jim9251 wrote:
Boy oh boy, fall is in the air. Only 98 degrees here today.
You are not alone with the heat Jim. This past August was the 4th warmest on Record in Grand Junction just up the road away from you. The normal mean temp for the month is 74.66. The monthly mean for the month just past was 79.05, 4.39 degrees above the norm. Of the 6 Augusts I've spent here, this August was the hottest August thus far. This year, August was hotter than July which is usually the hottest month of the year. The normal July mean is 76.74, and this year the monthly mean was 77.48, less than a degree above the norm. Although it was still slightly above the norm it was the coolest July since I've been here. Yesterday, the first day of September, was more than 11 degrees above the norm. Makes me wonder....what does September have in store for us this year?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
jim9251 wrote:
Boy oh boy, fall is in the air. Only 98 degrees here today.
You are not alone with the heat Jim. This past August was the 4th warmest on Record in Grand Junction just up the road away from you. The normal mean temp for the month is 74.66. The monthly mean for the month just past was 79.05, 4.39 degrees above the norm. Of the 6 Augusts I've spent here, this August was the hottest August thus far. This year, August was hotter than July which is usually the hottest month of the year. The normal July mean is 76.74, and this year the monthly mean was 77.48, less than a degree above the norm. Although it was still slightly above the norm it was the coolest July since I've been here. Yesterday, the first day of September, was more than 11 degrees above the norm. Makes me wonder....what does September have in store for us this year?
The strange thing about this summer in western Colorado is that the highest temperatures have been relatively mild, but the normal nighttime cool-downs have been pretty meager. Typically, at lower elevations in western Colorado by mid-August, nighttime temperatures will be dropping into the low 50's or high 40's. Seldom have temperatures dropped below 60°-65° F. at night this past month. Oddly, too, while precipitation has been spotty and low in many places this summer, humidity levels have been higher. The Southwest Monsoon was also nearly a month late and much less reliable than normal. Weird summer.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:55 PM

jazzlover wrote:
the normal nighttime cool-downs have been pretty meager. Typically, at lower elevations in western Colorado by mid-August, nighttime temperatures will be dropping into the low 50's or high 40's. Seldom have temperatures dropped below 60°-65° F. at night this past month.
Yeah, I've been complaining about that almost daily....all summer long. Just ask my wife. Additionally, the humidity throughout July was almost as bad as east coast humidity ( that's an exaggeration to make a point! ). July provided lots of clouds with very little precipiation to show for. I love the rain, but I can do without the persistent cloudy/humid crap. Thankfully, August did have fewer overcast days. Weird summer indeed!

Old 09-02-2011, 06:12 PM

9,817 posts, read 19,026,437 times
Quote:
jazzlover wrote:
the normal nighttime cool-downs have been pretty meager. Typically, at lower elevations in western Colorado by mid-August, nighttime temperatures will be dropping into the low 50's or high 40's. Seldom have temperatures dropped below 60°-65° F. at night this past month.
Yeah, I've been complaining about that almost daily....all summer long. Just ask my wife. Additionally, the humidity throughout July was almost as bad as east coast humidity ( that's an exaggeration to make a point! ). July provided lots of clouds with very little precipiation to show for. I love the rain, but I can do without the persistent cloudy/humid crap. Thankfully, August did have fewer overcast days. Weird summer indeed!
Huh, interesting, didn't know it was so humid out there this year. Wonder what that bodes for winter.

Jazz's predictions of armageddon and epic fires and disaster didn't happen this year, again.

Fall is definitely coming, here nights are cooler and a few leaves are turning.

I might try to get out to Colorado this month as September is always my favorite month.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Huh, interesting, didn't know it was so humid out there this year. Wonder what that bodes for winter.

Jazz's predictions of armageddon and epic fires and disaster didn't happen this year, again.

Fall is definitely coming, here nights are cooler and a few leaves are turning.

I might try to get out to Colorado this month as September is always my favorite month.
Relatively seldom is summer weather a predictor of winter. Long-range forecasters seem to be predicting another La Niña this winter, which bodes ill for winter precipitation and water supplies in at least the southern half of Colorado. Personally, I'm praying for a very cold and wet winter, with sustained temperatures well below zero in the mountains. That is what it is going to take to stem the mountain beetle epidemic. As for the my fire prediction, we lucked out one more time. Still, the pieces are place for a major, major fire event in Colorado. As I noted elsewhere, Arizona and New Mexico took their turn at that this year--we certainly could be next. We could be like Texas--people I talk to down there are actually praying for a couple of tropical storms or even a hurricane to hit down there to break the drought.

There is little sign of fall here yet. The weather feels more like the first of August than the first week of September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or