U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 PM

16,168 posts, read 20,176,426 times

Advertisements

The 5 day forecast for the GJ area is for the temps to cool a whole 5 degrees for the next few days. Yesterdays high here in Fruita was 97. And Jazz is right regarding Texas, specifically the Fort Worth area, which has turned into a dangerous situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 09:19 PM

9,816 posts, read 19,017,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Relatively seldom is summer weather a predictor of winter. Long-range forecasters seem to be predicting another La Niña this winter, which bodes ill for winter precipitation and water supplies in at least the southern half of Colorado. Personally, I'm praying for a very cold and wet winter, with sustained temperatures well below zero in the mountains. That is what it is going to take to stem the mountain beetle epidemic. As for the my fire prediction, we lucked out one more time. Still, the pieces are place for a major, major fire event in Colorado. As I noted elsewhere, Arizona and New Mexico took their turn at that this year--we certainly could be next. We could be like Texas--people I talk to down there are actually praying for a couple of tropical storms or even a hurricane to hit down there to break the drought.

There is little sign of fall here yet. The weather feels more like the first of August than the first week of September.
It is inevitable that all the pine beetle trees will burn at some point, which they should, but hard to say when that will happen or if it will happen en masse.

Personally I always preferred the warmer, drier Septembers rather than ones that are cold, rainy and with early snows killing the foliage. Plenty of time for winter later.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 AM

20,306 posts, read 37,790,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
The 5 day forecast for the GJ area is for the temps to cool a whole 5 degrees for the next few days. Yesterdays high here in Fruita was 97. And Jazz is right regarding Texas, specifically the Fort Worth area, which has turned into a dangerous situation.
At my house on the north end of COLO SPGS, it was 49F when I got up today. Yummm!
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:10 PM

10,521 posts, read 11,628,203 times
Only 86 here today. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:23 PM

Spoke too soon...93 degrees now. BTW Delta Walmart on Saturday afternoon is an interesting observation of humanity.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:02 PM

Nice cooling rain this afternoon it's 55 degrees at 7pm. All the windows are open and I am enjoying the fresh cool air. Of course neighbors are complaining and one has a fire in his fireplace. Geeze.

Spent earlier today fishing at Delta's Confluence Park, a nice 70 acre lake. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to catch some of the huge trout I see jumping.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:15 PM

1,331 posts, read 4,414,224 times
As usual.....I am envious Jim!!!!!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:45 AM

12,842 posts, read 24,473,188 times
And it was 86 and humid/hazy here in eastern Mass. today. Oh those daydreams of the arid West...

Old 09-18-2011, 05:56 PM

I've come to a solution for the mosquito problem here. I don't think I saw this many mosquitos when I lived in Arkansas, they are insane here in Delta, so since there's also a bagallion grasshoppers, I figure if we can train the grasshoppers to eat the mosquitoes, they will be gone, then we can train the snakes here to eat the grasshoppers. Now to get rid of the snakes...

Old 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM

Spend the day in Ridgway today (I miss that town). Photos posted on another thread. Well, the new EVIL Dollar Store has broken ground and is supposed to open before Christmas. Gol durn Chinese Communists! There's a new Verizon Wireless store, lots of new art and sculptures here and there, crisp cool mountain air and snow on the San Juans. CDOT is planning to 4 lane HWY 550 from Colona to Ouray and is beginning in Colona now, traffic one lane there with flaggers.

Alias, all is not beer and roses in my former small mountain town. It appears some villian managed to get several debit and credit card numbers and has been using them. I, along with a few thousand others, got hit and thank goodness for Citizens State Bank there, who caught it and stopped the transactions. So a new debit card, and a report filed with the town marshal. The fiends! Picked up a Panny's Pizza and had a really nice drive back to Delta. Sunshine, 56 degrees in Ridgway, 72 degrees in Delta. Leaves are turning yellow and gold and falling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or