U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-28-2006, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Texas Hill Country
290 posts, read 761,011 times
Reputation: 140

Advertisements

Howdy. I'm trying to tie a lot a little pieces together for a place to retire. I'm currently looking at Durango +/- ... might try Colorado Springs area also? But I'm interested in Rammed Earth houses .... so anyone know of a builder who uses this? There are a couple down in NM ... and out in CA. I did try a search but turned up empty-handed. Thanks for any info/help.

Glad I found this site

bruce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2006, 11:47 AM
 
286 posts, read 1,505,389 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Howdy. I'm trying to tie a lot a little pieces together for a place to retire. I'm currently looking at Durango +/- ... might try Colorado Springs area also? But I'm interested in Rammed Earth houses .... so anyone know of a builder who uses this? There are a couple down in NM ... and out in CA. I did try a search but turned up empty-handed. Thanks for any info/help.

Glad I found this site

bruce
Found this one:
Kindred Rammed Earth, Inc.
241 Pinion Lane, CR 142
Durango, CO 81301
970 259 8586
kindgo@rmi.net
(Buck Kindred - design and build rammed earth home and wall systems)03/06
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2006, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Texas Hill Country
290 posts, read 761,011 times
Reputation: 140
Default Thanks ... but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehi View Post
Found this one:
Kindred Rammed Earth, Inc.
241 Pinion Lane, CR 142
Durango, CO 81301
970 259 8586
kindgo@rmi.net
(Buck Kindred - design and build rammed earth home and wall systems)03/06
Appreciate it ... but the number is disconnected and the web site seems to have dissapeared I do appreciate the help/effort though.

bruce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2006, 02:32 PM
 
286 posts, read 1,505,389 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Appreciate it ... but the number is disconnected and the web site seems to have dissapeared I do appreciate the help/effort though.

bruce
Sorry 'bout that. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Aggie, I sent you a PM.

Last edited by Lehi; 08-28-2006 at 03:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2006, 11:45 PM
 
827 posts, read 4,541,267 times
Reputation: 505
Bruce,

Here is a link to help you.

habitatdurango.org/about_us.htm

They have built rammed earth homes and I think they can help you link up with others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2006, 06:08 AM
 
Location: Texas Hill Country
290 posts, read 761,011 times
Reputation: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerjack View Post
Bruce,

Here is a link to help you.

habitatdurango.org/about_us.htm

They have built rammed earth homes and I think they can help you link up with others.
Many thanks, I'll give them a holler when I get closer ... take care.

bruce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2006, 10:43 PM
 
827 posts, read 4,541,267 times
Reputation: 505
You are welcome Bruce. The habitat people in Durango are some really nice people. I think it is wonderful what they do. I also applaud your efforts for a rammed earth home too! Take care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top