Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:18 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
@banjo--if you haven't lived in CO, make no mistake about it, you have not paid into our programs your whole life. I can't say strongly enough how bad the idea of you moving here and trying to stick us with the bill for supporting you smells.
Again, I don't see how that would be possible. If he moved into your state and was recently unemployed, he'd have to file for unemployment in the state where he lost his job. Nobody has yet told me how this single guy with no kids would get one dime out of the CO taxpayers. Please enlighten me on what programs he could take advantage of that aren't federally funded.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:24 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Again, I don't see how that would be possible. If he moved into your state and was recently unemployed, he'd have to file for unemployment in the state where he lost his job. Nobody has yet told me how this single guy with no kids would get one dime out of the CO taxpayers. Please enlighten me on what programs he could take advantage of that aren't federally funded.

I can't figure it out either Cava! But, maybe that is why our country is in a mess. Too many entitlements for those that don't need them. My daughter a nurse says every year the same woman comes in a delivers another child. All for money so she can stay home. In OK you get free everything while the rest of us pay the bill.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:09 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,456 times
Read the OP's thread title. He asked if he's "crazy".

I say yes for considering moving to arguably one of the most expensive areas of the state, with no job, expecting to make ends meet as a raft guide.

Talk about putting your family at risk. I wouldn't have done something that I'll planned in my 20's. As others have said, Colorado is a difficult state to "make" it in, while still being able to enjoy the "stuff" that brings people out here. I've lived in NY and FL before making my way out here, and after 4 years I can finally say that things are looking good.

As usually, YMMV and it's only my opinion.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
We've wrung out this topic and answered the OP's inquiry, giving him a lot to think about. Now it's up to him and we wish him all the best going forward.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado