Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 08:26 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,712 times

Advertisements

I've never lived in Colorado, but I dearly hope to. I don't know if I will be able to, and it's possible that even though I'd love to live in Colorado, that it wouldn't be "right" for some reason I don't know yet. I pray that I will be content with however it all turns out.

I urge any of you who feel that Colorado is your "home" to not delay in coming back, if that's where you believe you'd be happiest. I know all too keenly how it feels to not be "home." I haven't been "home" in a very, very long time. If you have a chance to go "home," TAKE IT!

I grew up on the west coast, with mild winters, arid weather. I'm now living in the midwest, flat, cold and snow, humid summers, and flat, flat, flat. It's not a bad place if you are from this area, or if for some reason you bond with it, but I'm not from here, and I haven't bonded with it.

It's doubtful that I'll ever move back to my native state, at least not for a long while, but Colorado has increasingly been looking good to me. It has a lot of similarities to home, but some differences too. Mountainous, beautiful scenery, arid. Some people wouldn't like the arid weather, but I'm used to it. It's "normal." I know that Colorado's aridness might not be identical to what I was used to back home on the west coast, but it has to be closer to "normal" for me than this suffocating midwestern humidity. Besides, it's not my aim to compare Colorado to "back home" on the west coast, but to make it my new home.

I visited Colorado this summer and felt that it could be "home." I'm sure that there would be things that I'd like, things I'd need to get used to, but just based on the terrain, what I know about the towns and cities, the weather, and so forth, I'd say that it would be a lovely place to call home! We'll see how it goes!

Old 10-07-2014, 03:54 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
I lived in Golden, Fort Collins and Denver and loved it until I had to move out of state in '87. I missed it for a number of years until I went back and saw what the California transplants did to the place. I still love Colorado but I can't live there now.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:51 PM

19 posts, read 24,848 times
By the way guys, just cause someone is not too retarded to shave, shower and not smoke meth/shoot heroine does not mean anything is wrong with them.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:57 AM

481 posts, read 1,300,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
I've never lived in Colorado, but I dearly hope to. I don't know if I will be able to, and it's possible that even though I'd love to live in Colorado, that it wouldn't be "right" for some reason I don't know yet. I pray that I will be content with however it all turns out.

I urge any of you who feel that Colorado is your "home" to not delay in coming back, if that's where you believe you'd be happiest. I know all too keenly how it feels to not be "home." I haven't been "home" in a very, very long time. If you have a chance to go "home," TAKE IT!

I grew up on the west coast, with mild winters, arid weather. I'm now living in the midwest, flat, cold and snow, humid summers, and flat, flat, flat. It's not a bad place if you are from this area, or if for some reason you bond with it, but I'm not from here, and I haven't bonded with it.

It's doubtful that I'll ever move back to my native state, at least not for a long while, but Colorado has increasingly been looking good to me. It has a lot of similarities to home, but some differences too. Mountainous, beautiful scenery, arid. Some people wouldn't like the arid weather, but I'm used to it. It's "normal." I know that Colorado's aridness might not be identical to what I was used to back home on the west coast, but it has to be closer to "normal" for me than this suffocating midwestern humidity. Besides, it's not my aim to compare Colorado to "back home" on the west coast, but to make it my new home.

I visited Colorado this summer and felt that it could be "home." I'm sure that there would be things that I'd like, things I'd need to get used to, but just based on the terrain, what I know about the towns and cities, the weather, and so forth, I'd say that it would be a lovely place to call home! We'll see how it goes!
Thanks for your awesome post. Colorado is a great place to live and as a native of the state, I wholly appreciate your approach to life here. Wherever life takes you, I wish you the best because you seem to have a really realistic, informed and down-to-earth perspective. If life brings you to the great state of Colorado, I personally welcome you with open arms and all the best wishes I can muster.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:14 PM

659 posts, read 1,172,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITYinternational View Post
Spent my entire childhood through one year of college in Colorado.
Also, not interested in smelling marijuana at the traffic light!
My last comment was a bit of sarcasm though not an exaggeration. I remember HS bathrooms that smelled of MJ daily back in the 80's when cig smoking on campus was legal. I also remember smelling it in movie theaters, teeny bopper clubs and city park. DECADE BEFORE IT WAS LEGAL... Called the Mile High city for more reasons than one and this was back in the 80s.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:21 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
Too crowded on the front range, too dry, too much snow and wind by Ft Collins, and Denver is a bore, and flat, and full of illegals, and hordes of homeless, and one of the unfriendliest places I ever lived. CO is beautiful in a couple spots, but is overrated, and has nothing on the PNW, imo. I have no desire to return, and its been over ten years. I would choose Portland, or Seattle any day over Denver. Ft Collins was the only place I thought was nice enough. Just my opinion and view.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:46 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlekw View Post
Thanks for your awesome post. Colorado is a great place to live and as a native of the state, I wholly appreciate your approach to life here. Wherever life takes you, I wish you the best because you seem to have a really realistic, informed and down-to-earth perspective. If life brings you to the great state of Colorado, I personally welcome you with open arms and all the best wishes I can muster.
Thank you, thank you so much! (And thank you to the others who sent me little note when they rated my post positively. It means a lot to me! )

I very, very, VERY much want to move to Colorado. I just don't know when. Best case scenario would be next summer, and living in either Montrose, Delta, or Grand Junction (Montrose being first choice). If not there, possibly Pueblo or Cañon City. But there are many things that will have to happen and it's too soon to know yet how it will all pan out.

I visited Colorado this summer, and visited it often when I was younger.

This summer I saw the aridness in Montrose/GJ and I thought, "This is normal. Yes, it's brown, but that's okay with me." I asked some people about the weather, about some other aspects that were important to me, and got answers that pleased me. So I'm crossing my fingers!

Probably I'll spend more time in Colorado before making the big move, but based on what I know so far, I get the feel that it could be home. I like it just the way it is. I know it'll have flaws, but where I am now has flaws. What it doesn't have is the landscape that I love (it's okay, but not what I love) and it's very humid. But it's not a terrible place. In fact I'm sure it's a wonderful place for many people. I just don't feel the love for it that I have always felt for Colorado, every time I've been there.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:42 AM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
This is something I've been debating, because I have 'itchy feet' and have been debating a move away--nothing against Colorado, I just have a desire to experience other places and people.

Would I miss Colorado? Definitely. There's always something I miss about every place I've lived, and I'm pushing having been here 18 years now. There's a lot of good things here. And you don't live someplace this long without having made a lot of strong emotional connections.

This isn't to say there aren't some issues. The cost of living here is definitely going up, and my salary isn't keeping pace with it. My sister moved out here and is living with me, so we're doing okay, but there is the realization that especially for her, living in her own place might not ever be an option with rent so high.

I would miss it....but I would probably get so caught up in the adventure of wherever I might move next that the loss would be dulled somewhat.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:59 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
I have thought about coming back..............I miss Denver Metro and I miss the nice drive to the 4 corners.

People are nicer, and there is a lot less of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado