Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 01:03 PM

4 posts, read 10,642 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,
I just got a job with a company in lakewood, and need to find an apartment (i am from ny). It seems like lakewood is nice, but probably more of a family type demographic. I was wondering what people thought of golden, and would really appreciate any suggestions for apartment rentals in the area.
I am 22, obsessed with the outdoors (living in golden would allow me to bike to work ) an avid snowboarder, hiker, trail runner, mtn biker etc etc. I would however like to live in a community with people my age so that i could meet people more easily since i wont know anyone in the area. I'm fresh out of college so im not THAT picky about my digs... as long as there arent bugs, things that are rotting, and everything works that is supposed to i'm happy. and good security.
Any suggestions or even warnings about specific areas would be wonderful. Its always difficult to find a place online since of course you only get the best view of the best areas.

thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 01:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
I don't know rentals in Golden, but it would probably be OK for you. Colorado School of Mines is there, and they have a grad school as well as undergrad. Another place that may suit you is Boulder. Depending on where you are going in Lakewood, it may not be too far of a drive for you. And of course, there is central Denver, where lots of young people live.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:16 PM

I guess ive been staying away from places in the actual city of denver because im not much of a city person... they're fun once in a while.. but i wouldnt want to live there. of course my only city experiences have been with nyc and boston and such so i could be completely off base.. thanks so much for your quick response im really excited about this move if you couldnt tell.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:26 PM

355 posts, read 1,403,819 times
when u moving ?

Old 08-01-2007, 01:30 PM

probably in the next month. the position is immediate and they want me to start as soon as i can get my life in order and get out there.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Good luck! Denver isn't as dense as NYC and Boston; it's a lot of single family houses and duplexes. Someplace else might be better for you, but don't rule it out completely.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:06 PM

1,872 posts, read 6,491,349 times
You'll love Golden. TONS of Open Space Parks in the area for great mountain biking and trail running, stretching from Morrison almost all the way to Boulder. Apex Park was one of my favorites (off Highway 40 near I-70). Check out the forums at Mountain bike product reviews forums classifieds trails to hook up with local riders.

If you're into the outdoors, I'd support your ilving in Golden or Lakewood -- it's great when you can bike/run out your door and onto the trail in 5 minutes, instead of having to drive there.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:18 AM

yeah ive kind of limited my search to the golden/lakewood area. anyone have any experiences with the apartments in and around those two places?

Old 08-02-2007, 07:06 AM

1,872 posts, read 6,491,349 times
Lakewood has apartment complexes galore. There are a bunch clustered around Kipling/Morrison to Kipling/Dartmouth. The good thing about that area is that you are pretty much adjacent to Bear Creek Park and also close to Green Mountain. You can ride/run/hike through Bear Creek Park, through Morrison to Red Rocks Park, or to one of the many other parks in the area (Mt. Falcon, Dakota Ridge, Lair o' the Bear, etc.). Just be aware that Lakewood is very suburban.

In Golden, I know there are some apartment complexes in the Golden Ridge area (Heritage/US-6), but that's not really "downtown Golden. There, you're practically next to Apex Park. Unfortunately, it's been a while since I was in downtown Golden, so can't tell you about apartments there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado