U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 07:23 AM

5 posts, read 6,544 times

Advertisements

Hello! So my fiancée and I are getting married in August of 2012 and we're trying to find a place for the ceremony and reception but don't want to pay an arm and a leg. We're looking for a country/western/mountain themed place. We've looked at Estes but it's pretty expensive. My fiancée is wanting somewhere around Keystone but I haven't had luck finding anything inexpensive around there either. Can anyone help!! There are so many places but I would like some opinions about them and if people had a good experience with a reasonable price. Thank you!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 08:43 AM

345 posts, read 783,810 times
Not sure of the cost:

Ellis Ranch Event Center and Wedding Ranch,a Colorado Wedding Venue,in the Sweetheart City of Loveland,wedding,wedding reception

Stay away from the one in Breckenridge, forgot the name but they charge alot and it was awful. They transformed trash cans into a place to wash your hands, had port-a-potties, no place for people to go inside when it got cold and the wooden floor had it's slats place far apart so those of us in heels kept being "tripped" by the floor. Lllamas in the pasture really near the reception was not so pleasant to me, those things spit ya know lol.

Last edited by gmm_24; 05-26-2011 at 08:59 AM..

Old 05-26-2011, 08:51 AM

20,836 posts, read 39,041,284 times
We have a rather long thread on weddings in here, just use our search tool with the word WEDDING, or try CEREMONY or RECEPTION to find several.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:06 AM

2,185 posts, read 4,081,308 times
I knew someone who got married at some old gothic church in Larkspur with huge stained glass windows. I wish I could remember the name but it was a really pretty area and one of the nicest weddings I went to. It's not the mountains but had that mountainy feel.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:47 PM

554 posts, read 1,347,313 times
My cousin just got married here Denver Wedding Reception Denver Wedding Venues We had a great time, the place was nice, the food was great. My cousin and his bride are only 20 yrs old, so they couldn't possibly afford a huge extravagant wedding. But you couldn't tell. I was impressed with this place. Plus, it was very easy to get to and had a fantastic view off of Lookout Mountain.

When my sister got married, they chose candles over flowers to save money. I thought that was an awesome idea and it was beautiful.

Anyhoo, congratulations! I hope you have a great wedding!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:03 AM

4 posts, read 11,271 times
I am getting married near Estes Park this summer, I found a perfect hidden gem!! Little Elk Meadow Lodge!! It's only $500 for all night long, with all the money I'm saving I'm able to get all the extras and still bet the price of those all inclusive venues. info@littleelkmeadowslodge.com I hope this helps!!

Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 PM

16 posts, read 20,499 times
Check out the Wildlife Experience Museum in Parker. They have a great venue, and I can personally vouch for their catering...DELICIOUS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or