Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,119 times

Advertisements

I moved to Colorado 2 years ago. It is an okay state, the weather is really weird (today it was really sunny and no clouds until about 3:00 in the afternoon when a thunderstorm blew in suddenly, now its raining). It's also really windy in the spring and early summer. I don't like the inconsistent weather because I try go fishing every day, unless it starts raining like now. I can tolerate the inconsistent weather, but one thing that is disappointing about Colorado is the locals. The people that were born here or that have lived here most of their lives have this attitude, like they're better than you just because they're from here. It's not like I give them a reason to be this way towards me, they just decide to be this way.

Any opinions on why people act like this here ?
Thanks for your answers.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:01 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeincolorado View Post
I moved to Colorado 2 years ago. It is an okay state, the weather is really weird (today it was really sunny and no clouds until about 3:00 in the afternoon when a thunderstorm blew in suddenly, now its raining). It's also really windy in the spring and early summer. I don't like the inconsistent weather because I try go fishing every day, unless it starts raining like now. I can tolerate the inconsistent weather, but one thing that is disappointing about Colorado is the locals. The people that were born here or that have lived here most of their lives have this attitude, like they're better than you just because they're from here. It's not like I give them a reason to be this way towards me, they just decide to be this way.

Any opinions on why people act like this here ?
Thanks for your answers.

Because we are sick of the transplants...no offense but natives believe this is why we have such out of this world house prices..

No I never thought this but a few members of my family do.

The weather? It's wacky this year...you should try Florida, it's hot humid and has been raining almost everyday for two weeks...

Old 07-11-2011, 04:11 PM

25 posts, read 50,501 times
Well I'm not saying the following applies to you Mike, but I've had this discussion with a number of natives over the years.

It seems the biggest source of push-back is against those who want to come here and try to re-make Colorado into wherever it is they came from rather than accept, adapt, and assimilate into the Colorado they grew up with. I can empathize with that even though I'm not a native. I'm proud to be a born and raised Southerner, but I adopted Colorado as my new home 20-some years ago for a number of reasons and cannot imagine going back to Georgia. I've got several good friends whose families goes back many, many generation and ever time this topic comes up they're quick to point to me and say "you're ok - you came here to be a Coloradoan, not try to make Colorado a slice of the South with bigger mountains".

Old 07-11-2011, 04:13 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
Keep in mind this is just my opinion that may or may not have any relationship to reality. I think that the Colorado natives you speak of come from bloodlines that have alot of fear and insecutrity in their genetic makeup. Some of them brought it with them from wherever they came from while others developed it as they adjusted to the rigors of living in Colorado. One of the easiest ways to whistle in the dark and make believe that everything is hunky dory is to assume an air of superiority and hope that others won't be able to see thru the pretense. Some people are easy marks and they fall for it hook, line, and sinker, while others can easily spot it for the pretense that it is. It's mostly hot air with a negative attitude and lots of unresolved anger thrown into the mix for the purpose of intimidation.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:16 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
We've had enough of these "transplants" threads until we're sick of them. This one is closed, no need to beat this horse.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado