U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:50 PM

1,207 posts, read 4,137,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
When my wife spoke out our plan to move to CO in a party, people around her looked at her as it is somthing wrong with her head.
Most people told us that we were lucky to be able to move outa CA. I heard on the radio that 25% of Californians would move out if they could.

Quote:
the only thing I think I'll miss from California is the milder weather and In N Out.
We miss a few other things but 'In N Out' is high on the list

We haven't run into any anti-CA sentiment here. Our neighbors have been very friendly and the people I work with are great. I'm sure there are people who will have some kind of axe to grind, but apparently there aren't too many. I felt some of that crap in TX, but we were in a town of 3k people, most were born and raised there and were suspicious of 'outsiders'. Kinda like the Twilight Zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 09:16 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,751,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
We miss a few other things but 'In N Out' is high on the list

Reminds me of the legendary bumper sticker exacto knife adjustment

"In N out Burger"

To:

"In N Out Urge"

Old 08-18-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingcol View Post
say, the job market in CA is better than other states (IMO).
The real metric is per capita jobs. I contend the Front Range (Denver, Colorado Springs, Boulder) has more high paying jobs per capita. Couple that with the fact that the pay in California is less than ten percent higher - BFD. The salary to cost of living ratio is significantly higher in Colorado (and Alabama and the Carolinas and Texas and....). Integrate that with the essentially equivalent employment rates.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:26 PM

320 posts, read 1,577,645 times
On the In N Out front

since the old lady died recently the daughter has taken over the running of the biz. I would bet alot of money they will be in Denver within 2 years. and across the country. She has wanted to franchise it since she was involved.
As stupid as it sound they havbe already started cutting back on the freshness buy using prepackages thousand island dressing when you ask for some to go.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfSoCal View Post
On the In N Out front

since the old lady died recently the daughter has taken over the running of the biz. I would bet alot of money they will be in Denver within 2 years. and across the country. She has wanted to franchise it since she was involved.
As stupid as it sound they havbe already started cutting back on the freshness buy using prepackages thousand island dressing when you ask for some to go.
So when does Trader Joe's get here? (Answer? When Colorado gets rid of it's ridiculous blue laws?)

Old 08-18-2007, 10:02 PM

1,207 posts, read 4,137,134 times
Quote:
She has wanted to franchise it since she was involved.
So Charles, do you want to go partners on an In N Out? I wanna be the first in CO.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
So Charles, do you want to go partners on an In N Out? I wanna be the first in CO.
Paul, Lets just que our own at our home tomorrow? I'm only a couple of streets away from you. I stocked up with some St. Pauli's; We're set!

Old 08-18-2007, 10:27 PM

85 posts, read 436,714 times
hey don't forget about me over here I love in and out too!

Old 08-18-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMom View Post
hey don't forget about me over here I love in and out too!
Sort of related...we tried to do a Colorado Springs Meet Up somewhere that everyone could get together and actually "meet", as "in person" and it went over like a lead zeppelin. My guess is a lot of people on City Data forums like anonymity though they can still interface virtually online.

I'm still all for it.

Back to food....I also wish they had Cupid's Hot Dogs out here.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:37 PM

85 posts, read 436,714 times
yeah those are great too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or