U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:09 PM

81 posts, read 231,762 times

Advertisements

I would LOVE an In N Out in Denver! Also I think Denver needs a Trader Joes. I don't understand why there isn't one yet in Colorado at all.
I know there is a sprinkles coming to Denver and that's from LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,885,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonna View Post
I know there is a sprinkles coming to Denver and that's from LA.
The last thing this fat guy needs is another cupcake.

::: Sprinkles Cupcakes :::

Old 08-20-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The last thing this fat guy needs is another cupcake.

::: Sprinkles Cupcakes :::

The best thing a pregnant woman can eat is a cupcake!

they are overpriced but trendy right now.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
The best thing a pregnant woman can eat is a cupcake!

they are overpriced but trendy right now.
touché

(My wife is due in October)

Old 08-20-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
touché

(My wife is due in October)
congrats!

I am due late Feb.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
congrats!

I am due late Feb.

I got the 2007 tax break, naaah-na-na naaah na!

Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 PM

85 posts, read 437,118 times
have you guys heard of pinkberry, it's a new type of frozen yogurt place that's a big hit here supposedly, I've never been.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:17 AM

8,317 posts, read 25,139,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMom View Post
jazzlover seems to not really like anything thats from outside of colorado. I wonder if In and out had started in colorado, it would be ok then.
Actually, there are a lot of things that started outside of Colorado that I like. What I get really sick of and rebel against is everybody wanting to make Colorado LIKE EVERYPLACE ELSE! Colorado is unique, spectacular, and beautiful in its own right--but in everything from food to suburban sprawl to hideous resorts, people try to turn it in to something else. And, no, that doesn't just happen in Colorado--it's happening in a lot of places and that's a tragedy. All that stuff isn't melding in to Colorado--it's trampling it.

By the way, here's a list of some things that Colorado (food-wise) produces the best of. Read the list and see what I mean about what's happening to the state:

Rocky Ford cantaloupes and watermelons. Long considered some of the best in the country. Production only a shadow of its former level because Front Range cities (to irrigate those bluegrass lawns, you know) have purchased most of the water rights in that part of the Arkansas Valley and dried the farms up.

Western Slope peaches, cherries, and apples. Again, some of the best. Rural sprawl has decimated the orchard acreage. Vineyards chewed up some more.

San Luis Valley potatoes. Some of the best in the U.S. Still big production there, but Front Range cities would love to get their hands on the water.

Colorado beef. Best in the country. But, more and more ranches are being sold for development, and those Front Range residents crowding into formerly rural areas don't like the smell of the feedlots, or having a packing plant in their town.

Sugar beets. Colorado used to be one of the largest sugar producers in the country. Cheap imports and urban sprawl have pretty much killed that. See how many closed down sugar plants there are across the state.

Not many years ago, Colorado actually could pretty much feed itself (and a lot more) with high quality ag products. In a few years, when suburban Coloradans can't afford to buy food transported in from somewhere else anymore, let 'em go out and graze on their Kentucky bluegrass lawns (also a non-native "transplant").

Old 08-21-2007, 11:29 AM

739 posts, read 2,678,308 times
Hey, what's wrong w/ vineyards? They have been great for the economy of the western slope and they are still beautiful!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:57 PM

7,756 posts, read 16,474,534 times
Default Gotta love the vineyards!

dj32 wrote:
Hey, what's wrong w/ vineyards? They have been great for the economy of the western slope and they are still beautiful!
Gotta love the vineyards. I think it's a relatively good trade off...vineyards/wine for a few acres of fruit/produce. It's certainly better than paving it over with housing developments.

blessings...Franco
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or