U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2007, 01:27 PM

63 posts, read 460,948 times

Advertisements

I also grew up in Evergreen and would agree with the above post. Evergreen is such a beautiful area but it is EXPENSIVE compared to surronding areas. It still has the small town feeling though.

I think that the new comers have changed Evergreen but that is going to happen no matter where you live. What annoys me about Evergreen and Colorado in general is that you have to prove how Colorado you really are. Some of the natives are very teritorial about "their" state and I think that gets old. Even though I am a native and lived in Evergreen for almost 20 years. I am still not Evergreen enough for some residents.

All in all though it's a super neat community if you can afford to live there I highly reccomend that you do
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 11:18 AM

2 posts, read 5,715 times
Default Golden/Evergreen/Conifer - Or up in the mountains?

My family is planning to move to Colorado this spring, and we are looking for suggestions for places to live. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about work (I have a job that allows me to live anywhere -as long as I can get to an airport) I don't have any problem driving more an hour or two to the airport as I only fly out once every other week or so. BUT I can't be stuck in the mountains unable to get to the airport when the weather turns bad. Keeping that in mind, here are some other things to know:

* We have a 11 yr old, and we want to find a good school and friends for her. Private school isn't out of the question, but she has always gone to public schools (preferred).
* We want to be able to get up into the mountains easily (or already be there!).
* We are moving from Minneapolis, and I want to avoid city living at all costs. A mid to small sized town is what I'm after, with our house being more of a mountain home rather than a suburb type home/condo.
* We are in our 30's, are active...and don't want to end up in a retirement community.
* We hate urban sprawl - 3 choice of beige vinyl sided houses is not our idea of individuality
* My wife wants to be within a reasonable distance of cultural activities...reasonable being 45 minutes or so. She liked the idea of the various festivals, museums, family activities in Golden, CO...something along these lines (not necessarily needing to go all the way in to Denver)
* So far I have looked (online) at Evergreen, Conifer, and Golden. I would prefer to live up a little ways in the mountains somewhere along 70 or North or South of the Hwy by 45 minutes.

Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate local insight

Old 01-28-2008, 03:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,715 times
To the Moderator: While I appreciate your efforts to keep the board cleaned up, I specifically posted a new thread because I was looking for suggestions beyond Conifer/Evergreen that I might not be aware of.

Still...great info on Evergreen above. It sounds like a great option!

Old 01-28-2008, 04:53 PM

835 posts, read 2,569,485 times
yea i been twice evergreen is DEF scenic but then again so is all of the 100 year state

Old 02-09-2008, 09:16 PM

2 posts, read 5,603 times
Default Anyone know of a good foothills realtor?

Can anyone give me the name of a good foothill's realtor? My husband and I are planning on moving from the Springs to either Evergreen or Conifer or any other mountain community that would be a "not-so-bad" commute to Denver.

I would appreciate any info!

Boxer- You had mentioned a good realtor and I would be interested in contacting him/her if you still happen to be on this post.

Thanks a bunch.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:14 PM

62 posts, read 275,502 times
Default Other places

Places that I had never heard of until I moved here that are nice and in the mountains- Morrison, Kittredge, Ideldale. Not sure about the homes in the last two but the area is nice The homes is Morrison are nice. Check out areas off of 74. Good Luck.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 5,603 times
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Places that I had never heard of until I moved here that are nice and in the mountains- Morrison, Kittredge, Ideldale. Not sure about the homes in the last two but the area is nice The homes is Morrison are nice. Check out areas off of 74. Good Luck.
Thanks, we will look in to those areas for sure. Do you still have the name of the realtor you had used?

[ Mod reminder: Referrals made in public forums, by name or by contact info, are not allowed as this is seen as advertising. Send the info to each other via a DM. ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-11-2008 at 12:12 PM..

Old 02-20-2008, 03:33 PM

859 posts, read 1,712,499 times
Default Bailey, Conifer, Evergreen...

to put it simply, what are your opinions on the area?

really, all the basics and statistics i can find on the internet. i'd like some likes/dislikes, personal experiences, opinions of affordability, conveniece to Denver, climate, etc... whatever you have to say about Park County, Bailey, Conifer, Evergreen, etc.

OH, and what is the drive like to Denver and Littleton?

Old 02-20-2008, 06:41 PM

859 posts, read 1,712,499 times
LOL sorry! i didn't see this thread! how strange, it's identical!

thanks for putting me where i need to be! hehe

but i'm still wondering about Bailey specifically, and other small communities in the area... any suggestions??

Last edited by famlife; 02-20-2008 at 06:52 PM..

Old 02-20-2008, 07:22 PM

20,336 posts, read 37,847,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by famlife View Post
LOL sorry! i didn't see this thread! how strange, it's identical! thanks for putting me where i need to be! hehe but i'm still wondering about Bailey specifically, and other small communities in the area... any suggestions??
It's identical because I took "conifer-evergreen" and renamed it, then merged yours into it. Moderators are tricky that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or