Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:35 PM

486 posts, read 1,496,918 times

Advertisements

can anyone give me an idea of the "culture" of Evergreen? Conservative? Liberal? eco-friendly? kid-friendly? pet-friendly? Republicans or Democrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 09:34 AM

3 posts, read 6,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesamekid View Post
can anyone give me an idea of the "culture" of Evergreen? Conservative? Liberal? eco-friendly? kid-friendly? pet-friendly? Republicans or Democrats?
Pet-friendly is a big yes I think conservative and more republican but that is my opinion from what I have seen. I live in Clear Creek County and am pretty remote. My mailing address is Evergreen and I shop in the Evergreen area.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:59 AM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
Jazser, you never got any responses to your questions. I lived in Conifer many years ago when my kids were small and commuted on US 285 to Littleton. If you need to get to the airport regularly, I suggest that you try to locate closer to I-70. Generally the highways are kept clear of snow and, in fact, most of the main roads that are school bus routes in the mountain communities are kept clear. In five years of living in Conifer I had probably only two or three times that I had problems making it home.

Evergreen and Conifer kind of blend into each other between 285 and I-70. Golden is located closer to Denver and not really in the mountains. You might also consider the Morrison area. It really is an easy drive from Evergreen into Denver once you are on I-70. I suggest keeping your search between I-70 and "downtown" Evergreen. There is a wide variety of housing and prices.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:21 AM

14 posts, read 61,413 times
Is there a problem with dog's running loose or in packs in any of these areas? I remember in the late '70s people used to drop off their unwanted pets up in Pine Jct. often & there was a problem with dog packs up there.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:26 AM

73 posts, read 178,130 times
When I was a kid growing up in the mountain (about 20 years ago) this was a HUGE problem. In the last 10 years, though, it has really improved. The county patrols areas regularly and leash laws are strictly enforced.

Also, since these communities are very pet friendly and the people are generally animal lovers, you won't find a lot of that roaming dog mess any more.

In fact, Conifer has a Bark Park with large pen for small and large dogs alike.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:09 PM

14 posts, read 61,413 times
Default Wild dogs

Wow, thats good news. Shows how much people really care now

Old 02-02-2009, 03:06 PM

13 posts, read 37,599 times
The political culture in Evergreen is certainly split. There is a wonderful artist community as well as active residents concerned with over development. The area is getting better at being "kid friendly". More parks have been built, the rec centers are being updated and the number of kid's programs are increasing. I have a 3 yr old daughter and we go to ballet and gymnastics each weak.
There are a few dog parks that allow for off leash. This area is rich with animals from horses to dogs. The number of hiking trails makes it a great place to exercise. I have two labs and they need to be active.
www.HeartofEvergreen.com has some good information about what's happening in Downtown Evergreen.
Hope that helps.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:27 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,717,391 times
[quote=Dreaming of Hawaii;1053896]

As long as you don't have any respiratory problems, you will acclimate to the altitude within the first week or two.

I do not agree with this, if you are going to engage in exercise it will be noticable for up to a couple of months.

I lived in Indian Hills for nine years. I am not sure you can get a new or nicely remodeled house for that price. There are older homes in that price range but they would require work, and the newer ones are probably overpriced.

The area you have targeted is probably similar to what you are looking for but be prepared for the winter drives and yes, there is lots of snow but the roads are perhaps better maintained than in the urban areas.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,477 times
Jazser, I just happened across this blog and your message, and wanted to respond about Evergreen/Conifer. I have been in the area for most of my life, except for several years when I lived in CA. My husband and kids and I moved to Littleton 6 years ago, then built a house in Conifer, which we have lived in for 3+ years. We love the community, and call both Conifer and Evergreen "home."
We are, however, considering selling our beautiful home and moving "down the hill" to decrease our mortgage payment, in order to save more $ for our 3 kids' college years. It's a difficult decision, and if we do this we will plan to move back to the area after our kids go off to college.
The schools here are great, the community is wonderful, the drive to Denver is easy. Although Evergreen is closer to I-70, our drive from Conifer only adds 15 minutes to get to the airport.
I definitely recommend it.
I have names of several great realtors, if you still need them.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:59 PM

41 posts, read 125,717 times
Not sure if my post will be removed, but there is a really informative forum for the Conifer, Pine, Bailey area: it is "Pinecam" dot com. Many different subcategories, new resident questions areas, etc. I was able to get quite a bit of information from this site when when moved to the area 3 years ago (but unfortunately had to move out of state 6 months ago).

Your airport drive shouldn't be bad. I traveled frequently for work, lived in Conifer, and got to the airport in approx. 1 hour.

Roads (285, and others) are kept very well maintained and plowed in the winter -- much more so than 'down the hill'. I was able to make it to and from work in Denver from Conifer, with front wheel drive and snow tires. Never had any problems and you really don't need 4 wheel drive, expect in very rare occasions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado