Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:11 AM

17 posts, read 41,770 times

Advertisements

My wife and I, both in our 20's, are leaving Los Angeles next spring and are going to move to the Denver area. As I mentioned, we are both young and will starting a family very soon. I have looked at the Parker area as a potential place to buy a home. Does anyone have any suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2006, 01:04 AM

1 posts, read 5,836 times
Smile Parker

My husband and I, both 30 somethings, bought our first house in Parker 10 years ago. We moved to Southern California 5 years ago, had 3 kids, and have decided to move back to Parker this summer. We love the area and look forward to raising our family there. You will love Colorado. We have lived all over the country and Colorado is by far our favorite.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:25 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,341,634 times
My only concern about Parker is its ability retain property values. Similar to Aurora there are many neighborhoods which are built by shoddy builders and loose their value quickly. If you are in or near one of these neighborhoods I would be concerned. As an example Stonegate is nice and large enough that it will probably retain its property values but Cottonwood to the north is not very nice and would be a poor investment.

My other suggestions would be to stay away from Aurora since new neighborhoods go downhill quickly. Highlands Ranch is a master planned community which helps insure the quality of work will be similar from one neighborhood to the next. I foresee property values staying high in this area. That should cover the southeast fringe suburbs which seems to be what you are looking for. If you have any questions about other areas or specific areas feel free to ask.

Old 05-13-2006, 05:10 AM

827 posts, read 5,079,681 times
Default Durango Colorado A Nice City

Durango, Colorado in the Southwest is a great city to live in. I know it isn't close to Denver but you might consider it. There are plenty of stores to shop, a wide range of environments from desert to mountains and it is one of the healthier places to live that is why many pro bikers live there and there are a lot of health stores and such as well.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:49 PM

4 posts, read 28,768 times
I agree with Crackerjack, Durango for sure.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:22 PM

20 posts, read 106,200 times
Me too, if you can afford it, go to Durango!!!

Old 11-21-2006, 04:21 PM

55 posts, read 217,658 times
Default Friendly to Newcomers?

Hello.

My husband and I are heavily reseraching Durango as a possible relocation this coming June. So far, we've loved most of what we've read and are looking forward to an upcoming trip to "check it out". Unfortunatly, I just read some posts on Durango.com and there were some very negative, anti-newcomer sentiments shared. I would hate to rip my kids away from friends and family heading toward what I thought was a better, healthier lifestyle, just to have them harrassed/igonored, etc. just for being from (dare I say it?) California. I would love to hear from Durango folks as well as anyone who has moved there from the "dreaded" CA. Thanks for your input!

Old 11-22-2006, 12:04 AM

827 posts, read 5,079,681 times
LFults, there are so many people living in Durango and around Durango from California, that I would venture to say most of the new people coming in there are from California. I know quite a few in Durango from CA and they love it. They have never had any trouble with anyone. You might visit there and talk to locals and ask them yourself and see they are nice to everybody.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:02 AM

11 posts, read 169,308 times
Default Just arrived in Durango . . . .

My hudband and I arrived here in Durango from California almost three weeks ago. We have met SO many people from everywhere else, that have moved here and made Durango their home. We have also noticed that everyone here is so friendly!! Really friendly! The day we moved in we met several of our new neighbors and have met many more since. One family had us over for dinner already. In the years that we lived in California, this never happened. So, I'm not sure who in town are 'anti-CA' but I sure haven't run into any of them yet . . .

Also, just wanted to thank CrackerJack for all his helpful and useful info that we gleaned from all his posts regarding Durango. Keep the dream alive and hopefully we'll run into you on Main Avenue soon!!!

Old 11-24-2006, 08:08 PM

20 posts, read 102,914 times
My two cents - Parker is a beautiful place to land - you might want to look a little more south, Franktown - still some "greenspace" to be had - but not sure for how long.

If you want a 20 mile commute (but not a bad one) take a look at Woodland Park. Pure Colorado, still has a small town feel and you're on the backside of Pike's Peak. Good school system and very welcoming. Traffic issues are nothing compared to the Denver area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado