U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2008, 04:59 PM
 
179 posts, read 558,973 times
Reputation: 169

Advertisements

So why are you flipping out about the AIDs thing anyhow? I don't remember the OP saying he has it. And also, maybe there is lacking HIV/AIDs treatment centers because it is not a gigantic issue in the Durango area. So whether you're insinuating that the OP has or will get HIV because of his lifestyle soon, I think he should be okay with his medical options in Durango.

 
Old 06-12-2008, 05:02 PM
 
151 posts, read 697,168 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I will have to pass on COlorado springs. It has 2 huge evangelical churches there. haha

Is there a big gay community in Boulder?

I looked up Durango. It is in south colorado? And it is a small tourist attraction city? How far away is Denver from there? I didn't see anything about gay dance clubs or bars. So I am confused but the city looks lovely.

How much do average one bedroom apartments cost in those cities mentioned? And how bad is crime and discrimination?

Also can you tell me more about weather there and the shopping. I am used to large and new shopping centers and malls etc.
Isn't Colorado Springs the residence of that huge Evangelical Church Pastor who was caught having a homosexual affair?
 
Old 06-16-2008, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 22,492,358 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivabigpapi View Post
Isn't Colorado Springs the residence of that huge Evangelical Church Pastor who was caught having a homosexual affair?
"New Life" megachurch and Ted Haggard was the gay pastor who had a male prostitued in Denver.

I'd be willing to bet money that there are more closet case, two-faced, evangelical, self-hating, anti-gay, gay men in the Springs too - "Gary Bauer, paging Gary Bauer" I can see the gay in his face, the same as I could on Teddy Boy!
 
Old 06-16-2008, 09:03 PM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,864 posts, read 7,095,361 times
Reputation: 1543
Yeah, bunch of hypocrites they are.
 
Old 06-16-2008, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Camelot
353 posts, read 1,517,047 times
Reputation: 237
Let me tell you this... I have known my share of closet case evangelical gay bashing hypocrites. That is where they get there fervor. They hate what they truely are themselves. Oh, by the way, hate the sin not the sinner. Isn't that line an oxymoron?
 
Old 06-17-2008, 08:18 PM
 
5,091 posts, read 13,163,320 times
Reputation: 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthDenverGuy View Post
I get this response everytime I bring Columbine up!
For the record, the Columbine Valley area is in Littleton, beautiful, the safest neighborhoods, and best schools you could want. Yeah, you heard correctly! I love the area but can't show a home there as everyone freaks out when you mention that name. Beautiful streets, big trees, right out of Norman Rockwell's America.
Two kids of course forever destroyed that notion. Now it is difficult to sell a home there because everyone freaks out when you mention that name -Columbine and ironcically our beautiful state flower. How sad!
I have friends there who love it and one of their kids starts a Columbine HS next year; another couple I know want to sell their home in Castle Rock and move back there. I have a Columbine tag on my car.
A strong family oriented area.

I agree with what you say the Columbine Valley is a beautiful safe area. Littleton is great town to live.

However, to make it clear---Columbine Valley is not in Littleton: it is mostly in unicorporated Jefferson County as is Columbine High School. The western boundary of the City of Littleton stops at the Platte where the Columbine Country Club begins across the river--an area that is unicorporated and this is the area more defined as the Columbine Valley. The City of Littleton does extend just on the southern edges to Platte Canyon Rd. On the northern edge of the Columbine Valley, Littleton extends to the Arapahoe County Line but is a few miles east of Columbine H.S.

The Columbine valley is more along Platte River Road and the Country Club which is not Littleton but Littleton occupies a smaller portion in the south around Cooley Reservoir, near Ken Caryl.

These unicorporated areas have Littleton addresses. What makes it even stranger, The City of Denver is closer the Columbine High School because the southwest boundary extends out south of the Bowles Reservoir (this reservoir which is unicorporated Jefferson County) to about Cross Drive. The City of Denver encompasses Marston Reservoir.

If the post office assignment had been Devern for the high school, Littleton would not have the reputation of this tragedy--Denver would have been known for it.

Livecontent
 
Old 06-18-2008, 06:28 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
2,221 posts, read 4,651,296 times
Reputation: 1681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieo415 View Post
Let me tell you this... I have known my share of closet case evangelical gay bashing hypocrites. That is where they get there fervor. They hate what they truely are themselves. Oh, by the way, hate the sin not the sinner. Isn't that line an oxymoron?
Yep, the hypocrites are out there. But the vast majority of people that find homosexuality to be revolting are not repressed closet queens practicing self-loathing. If I see a hobo taking a dump on a public street corner, I can consider that disgusting without having a secret yearning to go poop in my front yard.

Most people who are against the homo agenda get their fervor because they see it as wrong, from a perspective of religion, biology, or just common sense.

FWIW, I think the celibacy requirements in Catholicism attracts and even promotes a subculture of predatory homosexuals, child molesters, and other sexual deviants that tremendously damages their church at a base level. I wish the guy with the big hat would re-think that.
 
Old 06-18-2008, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 22,492,358 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post

FWIW, I think the celibacy requirements in Catholicism attracts and even promotes a subculture of predatory homosexuals, child molesters, and other sexual deviants that tremendously damages their church at a base level. I wish the guy with the big hat would re-think that.
Hey, there's the first thing you've said I agree with! I argued this with a Catholic friend and she insisted that the media was just picking on the Catholic church and that it happens in all churches.

Although I don't group homosexuals with child molesters and sexual deviants. I've known a couple gay priests and I believe they were celibate and had no problems other than they felt the only way not to "dishonor" their families was to become a priest, rather than deal with being gay.
 
Old 06-18-2008, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Governor's Park/Capitol Hill, Denver, CO
1,536 posts, read 5,416,779 times
Reputation: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
...Most people who are against the homo agenda get their fervor because they see it as wrong, from a perspective of religion, biology, or just common sense.
The Homosexual Agenda

I know that many of you have heard Pat Robertson, Jerry Fallwell and others speak of the "Homosexual Agenda," but no one has ever seen a copy of it.


Well, I have finally obtained a copy directly from the Head Homosexual. It follows below:
6:00 am Gym
8:00 am Breakfast (oatmeal and egg whites)
9:00 am Hair appointment
10:00 am Shopping
12:00 PM Brunch

2:00 PM
1) Assume complete control of the U.S. Federal, State and Local Governments as well as all other national governments,
2) Recruit all straight youngsters to our debauched lifestyle,
3) Destroy all healthy heterosexual marriages,
4) Replace all school counselors in grades K-12 with agents of Colombian and Jamaican drug cartels,
5) Establish planetary chain of "homo breeding gulags" where over-medicated imprisoned straight women are turned into artificially impregnated baby factories to produce prepubescent love slaves for our devotedly pederastic gay leadership,
6) bulldoze all houses of worship, and
7) Secure total control of the INTERNET and all mass media for the exclusive use of child pornographers.

2:30 PM Get forty winks of beauty rest to prevent facial wrinkles from stress of world conquest
4:00 PM Cocktails
6:00 PM Light Dinner (soup, salad, with Chardonnay)
8:00 PM Theater
11:00 PM Bed (du jour)?
 
Old 06-18-2008, 01:08 PM
 
179 posts, read 558,973 times
Reputation: 169
Haha! I love it DenverAztec!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top