U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:26 PM

447 posts, read 1,391,268 times

Advertisements

Well, I don't know about you guys but I had a gay ol' time at the Denver Pride Fest.....it is the 8th largest in the Nation........It was totally awesome!!!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:54 PM

353 posts, read 1,517,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaksraver13 View Post
Well, I don't know about you guys but I had a gay ol' time at the Denver Pride Fest.....it is the 8th largest in the Nation........It was totally awesome!!!!!
Brigade after brigade of (mostly) lesbian motorcycle riders in the parade!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:01 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,640,129 times
Quote:
Pride Fest was great this year. I couldn't beleive how many people were there- I read that they were estimating that the event attracted upwards of 250,000 people, and is one of the largest in the nation.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieo415 View Post
Brigade after brigade of (mostly) lesbian motorcycle riders in the parade!
Oh the dykes on bykes.........I think that it is just a traditional thing, they always are at the front of the parade.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
Pride Fest was great this year. I couldn't beleive how many people were there- I read that they were estimating that the event attracted upwards of 250,000 people, and is one of the largest in the nation.
Were you there this year?.....If so, thanks for the support!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,640,129 times
Quote:
Were you there this year?.....If so, thanks for the support!!!!!!!
I was there this year... you're welcome

Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 AM

1,536 posts, read 5,417,307 times
It was great fun and Martha Wash on Sunday did a wonderful job!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:10 PM

6 posts, read 15,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
I agree with what you say the Columbine Valley is a beautiful safe area. Littleton is great town to live.

However, to make it clear---Columbine Valley is not in Littleton: it is mostly in unicorporated Jefferson County as is Columbine High School. The western boundary of the City of Littleton stops at the Platte where the Columbine Country Club begins across the river--an area that is unicorporated and this is the area more defined as the Columbine Valley. The City of Littleton does extend just on the southern edges to Platte Canyon Rd. On the northern edge of the Columbine Valley, Littleton extends to the Arapahoe County Line but is a few miles east of Columbine H.S.

The Columbine valley is more along Platte River Road and the Country Club which is not Littleton but Littleton occupies a smaller portion in the south around Cooley Reservoir, near Ken Caryl.

These unicorporated areas have Littleton addresses. What makes it even stranger, The City of Denver is closer the Columbine High School because the southwest boundary extends out south of the Bowles Reservoir (this reservoir which is unicorporated Jefferson County) to about Cross Drive. The City of Denver encompasses Marston Reservoir.

If the post office assignment had been Denver for the high school, Littleton would not have the reputation of this tragedy--Denver would have been known for it.

Livecontent
Well, some of the media did at first say the school was in Denver, since it is technically in the metro area. Still, that southwestern fringe of Denver doesn't feel like part of Denver at all - it feels like what it is, an unnecessary extention of the city limits into foreign territory (similar to Denver's incorporation of DIA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or