U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:56 PM

20,354 posts, read 37,893,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minx View Post
I was hoping to be wrong, but now can you explain why this mentality exists?
1. The mentality exists because many people don't like change. For some people, ANY change is bad news. You don't even have to move an inch to experience it, all you have to be is the new guy in the office and some of your new co-workers will welcome you in there and some will look upon you as competition for their next promotion and seek to marginalize you.

2. We've had several versions of this thread before. I'm tired of it. People will whine about anything. When we lived back near Washington, DC, my wife used to whine about the crowded roads and "why don't all these people go back where they came from." Truth is, DC metro area is one of the most transient areas of the nation due to lots of military, lots of governmental people coming in or leaving every election cycle of 2, 4, 6 years. I gave her the same speech many of us have made here before when this useless topic comes up (by whatever name) - that it's a free country, you can live where you wish as long as you pay your way. It has always been that way, it always will be that way.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:56 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,946,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minx View Post
I have noticed a distinct "us" and "them" attitude with a percentage of people living in Colorado. Almost like its belongs to them and no one else is welcome. I am not referring to everyone in the state, just a small percentage who seem to have this attitude. Just like we say "you can't pick your relatives" we also can't pick where we are born, but feel we have the right to move if we choose.

I have bought, and I have moved, and I love it. The people I have met have been some of the most warm and welcoming people I have ever met, but I don't get that impression from everyone.

Am I reading the vibes correctly, or have I got it totally wrong?...
Whether one or two people out of ten or 100 don't like me because I moved to Colorado is about 69th on my list of problems in life.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:58 PM

20,354 posts, read 37,893,411 times
Thank you Charles for the last word on this.

Finis. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or