U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 06:46 PM

81 posts, read 231,498 times

Advertisements

I am a native Coloradan and I have nothing against people from California. I know a lot of people do pick on californians and texans. I think they blame the boom in population on CA.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 AM

12 posts, read 57,026 times
I believe that people who hate are close mind people with nothing better to do than to simply hate. If it's not hating Californians it would be something or someone else. It’s just who some people are and it will probably never change. I am a native Californian moving to Colorado…the hate will not stop me. If Colorado was not such a great state we would not be moving there. Just like California. It would not be the wonderful melting pot it is today, if people did not think there was anything to offer. I do not think Californians are moving to Colorado to make it another California. I believe Colorado attracts people of a caliper of the alike kind...just like every other state does. If someone wanted to live in a super slow state then maybe Wyoming would look enticing. We are not moving to Colorado to trash it, but to take on the pride that all native Coloradans have for their state and to love where we live.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:26 AM

7,755 posts, read 16,457,602 times
Default Frustrated dreams!

I imagine that many who most adamantly resist the influx of newcomers and the changes that follow in their wake, are people who have a dream in their heart. A dream that would take them to some place else in the world, to see new vistas, to meet new people, to live in a whole new way. Naturally this is pretty scary stuff, so fear sets in and it grows and grows. Soon, the only way to maintain sanity is to pretend the dream doesn't exist...deny it completely. But denial never kills the dream. It gradually generates frustration instead. Acting out frustration is usually alot easier than acting out a dream. A readily convenient way to vent the frustration is to take it out on the newcomers who subtly remind them of the dream they pretend not to have.

blessings....Franco

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 08-17-2007 at 10:39 AM..

Old 08-17-2007, 10:32 AM

157 posts, read 623,879 times
Default It is the "IN" thing to do.

Who doesn't hate Californians? It seems every state I go to, it takes only 1 trip to a local restaurant to hear something negative about California. However, I rarely hear anything being said negatively about other states in California.

Just to let you other states know, Californians DON'T hate you back!

Peace and Love.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:59 AM

5,091 posts, read 13,171,464 times
Of course people talk about Californians, Texans, and New Yorkers is because these are the most populous states in that order. Consequently, what they do, what they think has an big effect on the country. There are millions of these people and because of that they are everywhere. One does not hear too many bad remarks about people from Wyoming because they come from the least populous state and their impact is less. How many Wyomians do you see, read, or hear about in the media---unless Michael Jackson is going to seek a place to hide in Rawlings.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:03 AM

13,651 posts, read 21,503,411 times
What's with hating Californians?

It's fun. We moved outta there in 77 while there was yet time. We got out of there before we got infected with the Califorication Zombie Virus that makes you drink wine and sniff your own farts and go ah ah AHHHHHHHHHHHH and drive hybrids and have those little fume sucker-backer thingys on your gas pumps while you're paying 5.86 for 89 octane and your smoke-free smog-sucking air is choking off what little bit of oxygen that is fighting to get to your brain just to experience a traffic jam from Castaic to Huntington Beach while you try to tell the rest of the country who to vote for!

Keep going West, young man!

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-17-2007 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: left out a word

Old 08-17-2007, 11:50 AM

12 posts, read 57,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

It's fun. We moved outta there in 77 while there was yet time. We got out of there before we got infected with the Califorication Zombie Virus that makes you drink wine and sniff your own farts and go ah ah AHHHHHHHHHHHH and drive hybrids and have those little fume sucker-backer thingys on your gas pumps while you're paying 5.86 for 89 octane and your smoke-free smog-sucking air is choking off what little bit of oxygen that is fighting to get to your brain just to experience a traffic jam from Castaic to Huntington Beach while you try to tell the rest of the country who to vote for!

WOW, your quite funny! Why don't you tell us how you really feel about Californians.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 PM

157 posts, read 623,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Compliment taken.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:32 PM

13,651 posts, read 21,503,411 times
Thank you! I was powered by strong coffee this morning. I owe a lot of that rant to a South Park episode.

We do much work in California and I will be there on Sunday. Then I get to hop on over to Salem, Oregon.

I feel for California. I hope we're not due for a big earthquake. That one in 71 made me a believer!

Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 PM

320 posts, read 1,578,196 times
the one thing you have in common with the Californians that are moving out is your hate of Cali. So whay take it out on them, they're on your side or they would still be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or