U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:42 PM

1,209 posts, read 4,263,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
the one thing you have in common with the Californians that are moving out is your hate of Cali.
I don't hate CA. It's a great place. There are some very positives things about CA that attracts millions of people. But for us, the negatives out numbered the positives. I don't hate AZ or TX or HI either. Just cause we moved away from somewhere doesn't mean we hate it.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:53 AM

7,018 posts, read 14,136,235 times
I have noticed that Californians like Colorodoans a lot, as well as Oregonians and Washington people(what are they called), but no one likes us back. It's kind of depressing that only Californians will accept fellow Californians. NYers hate us, Floridians hate us, Coloradoans hate us, and Texans hate us, and those are just the one's that hate us the most. It's not our fault if we have illegal immigrants coming in faster than Americans can be born. Also, I have heard some people say that our economy is bad because we have to support all the Californians. Well that is a complete lie because if CA were its own country, we would have the 5th strongest economy in the world.

I will admit that my favorite city in the country is LA, but I agree with the poster who said that you shouldn't be mad at the Californians moving to CO. You should welcome them and take them as one of your kind. Those people probably grew up in the extreme suburbs and enjoyed the quiet life, but now they can't anymore because we have built up our state so much. Those people just want a new lifestyle and you should appreciate that they think your state has so much beauty and potential for them lead to lead fantastic lives.

Denver is actually one of my favorite cities, but I wouldn't move there b/c I'm used to wearing shorts in the winter, so I couldn't handle a CO winter. You do have some great colleges in CO and I am thinking about going to one of your colleges.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:48 AM

6 posts, read 29,233 times
Arrow The problem is this: When you get 5 or 10 CA implants who start taking part in local politics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB0722 View Post
Since none of you writing the negative things about Californians moving to Colorado obviously are not from California, let me fill you in. Californians are not to blame for what has happened to California...it's all the people moving from the mid-west, and other areas of the U.S. that have caused population to grow, and growing pains occur, since land is so limited.
I used to live in several states in the west, so these statements are from my firsthand experiences.

IF Californians take part in their local governments and vote, then I MUST differ with you. Your government is what you ALLOW it to be. It only grows when the voters allow it to.

BUT, to your credit... All are having trouble controlling what their politicians are SUPPOSEDLY doing at the behest of their constituents. We need to fire the whole government and put normal citizens in the seats of the career politicians who are screwing the country to pad their own feather beds with our greenbacks.

The main problem that I hear people having with Californians is that so many of the ones who leave CA move to CO, UT, ID, NM, AZ, and even WY.
BUT.... THAT is not the only problem...

The big problem is this: Often, a town will have 5 or 10 CA "escapees" or "implants" who start taking part in local politics right away. Those implants INVARIABLY try to bring CA laws and customs to a state that is trying it's level best to NOT EVER be ANYTHING like CA... IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM... PERIOD!!!

I cannot begin to count the number of times I've seen and heard other local people telling new CA arrivals: "YOU haven't earned the right to have that much input into local affairs." So often, they are told to sit back and keep their eyes and ears open for a year or two before trying to change "our home" into the Police State they just escaped from.

Many of the western states take their freedoms VERY SERIOUSLY, and CA is a place where the government does it's level best to remove personal freedoms and meddle in businesses. The state has it's hand in every pocket. The state gets involved to the point where CA prices + taxes are usually the highest in the nation, and that's true on ALMOST any given product.

There's always some idiot (present company excepted of course) fighting to establish a new law to govern something ALREADY REGULATED UNDER AN EARLIER LAW... A LAW THAT CA DECIDED NOT TO ENFORCE FOR A WHILE.

People don't realize that every new government intervention in our lives simply chips away more of the stones from the once solid foundation of our country... That foundation is what we call "The US Constitution" + "The Bill of Rights". Many would fritter it away with little thought to the blood and lives lost to bring our freedoms into reality AND I might add, TO KEEP THOSE FREEDOMS ALIVE FOR OUR CHILDREN. Always remember: Once a law is made to take away a civil liberty, it is almost NEVER fully repealed, and that civil liberty is gone... forever.

Here is a piece of wisdom that should've been stamped on every document in our country:

"Those who would give up an essential Liberty, to gain a temporary bit of Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin -

Take freedom to heart. Nurture it's spirit. Pass it on to your children, but only after teaching them to be ever-vigilant against those who use double talk and trickery to take those freedoms away.

Here's an afterthought;
Did you vote for Campaign Finance Reform a few years ago???
I BET you did. Why? Because the politicians TOLD YOU IT WAS A GOOD THING.

Well... Guess what??? THEY LIED!!!

The double talkers didn't tell you that they'd attached a new law to that proposition. That new law makes it illegal for ANY "grass rights movement" (read those words as "THE PEOPLE or their chosen representative organizations") to interfere or debate against any candidate withing 60 days of an election.

The politicians tricked you into passing it because OUR last grass-roots-movement and OUR only real representatives in the 2000 election were THE CITIZEN MEMBERS OF THENRA.

They ALSO lied to the world about Florida's ballots. There was ZERO confusion from the voters. FL has used that same EXACT butterfly ballot and machine for every election since 1976. 1976 was the first time I voted, and because those machines and butterfly ballots were NEW IN 1976 They held classes for weeks in schools and at many polling places. BUT THAT WAS IN 1976, NOT 2000!!! NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!

HERE is what happened: FL was supposed to go down as a Democrat state, BUT, NRA held NUMEROUS rallies ALL OVER FL for 3 weeks before the presidential election.

At those rallies, they provided COLD HARD PROVABLE FACTS of what Al Gore had planned, as well as showing 8 years of his voting record. They PROVED that Gore had NEVER... not even ONE TIME... voted the way his TN constituents TOLD HIM TO VOTE. (That's why TN went Republican too.)

The good citizens in The NRA also read from his book exposing the unbelievable number of lies he was telling every day. The members of The NRA are responsible for FL voting Republican to make sure that our 2nd amendment rights stayed IN our Bill Of Rights.

THE NRA WAS THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE... until the politicians TRICKED people into OUTLAWING the voice of the people from speaking that way EVER AGAIN !!!

AND THEY EVEN MADE YOU THINK THAT YOU WERE HELPING TO KEEP POLITICIANS MORE HONEST.

HA!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 04:01 AM

Truer Words Were Never Spoken!!!

A-men!!!

Last edited by caveman1113; 08-19-2007 at 04:06 AM.. Reason: THIS WAS IN RESPONSETO McGowdog AND IT ENDED UP IN THE WRONG PLACE

Old 08-19-2007, 04:13 AM

Thumbs up Denver winters are OK for wearing shorts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
I
Denver is actually one of my favorite cities, but I wouldn't move there b/c I'm used to wearing shorts in the winter, so I couldn't handle a CO winter. You do have some great colleges in CO and I am thinking about going to one of your colleges.
CO winters are OK for wearing shorts... as long as you don't stand around outside in them for more than 5 or 10 minutes. I used to live in Cheyenne, as well as Denver, and I wore my shorts year round. I got some funny looks, and it started many an interesting conversation too. LOL!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 04:21 AM

7,018 posts, read 14,136,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman1113 View Post
CO winters are OK for wearing shorts... as long as you don't stand around outside in them for more than 5 or 10 minutes. I used to live in Cheyenne, as well as Denver, and I wore my shorts year round. I got some funny looks, and it started many an interesting conversation too. LOL!!!
thats pretty funny, but i meant wearing shorts comfortably all day long with maybe a t shirt, a t shirt and light jacket, or light long sleeve shirt.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:49 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,902,130 times
Default It's just us!

OutofSoCal wrote:
the one thing you have in common with the Californians that are moving out is your hate of Cali. So whay take it out on them, they're on your side or they would still be there.
Le'ts look for ways to go beyond the us vs them mindset. I think we'll all have more peace of mind when we start including everyone in the us group.

blessings....Franco

Old 08-19-2007, 11:52 AM

25 posts, read 98,714 times
Caveman.....Damn that was ridiculous...I don't even think I know half of what you said, but...having lived in California for 30 of my 33 years....I must say, you guys know more about CA politics than anyone I know here in CA....I could care less, and I really can't even understand all the problems you see here, or what you say those people are bringing there to CO?

I don't even know a single sole who is in politics, or even votes for that matter....I've always felt too little to make any difference.

Please tell me the major differences in politics that you all don't like about CA? I have never even thought about it, and never will. If you think everyone from CA wants to move and change politics, you're crazy!

I love San Diego more than any place, and the only reason I'm even looking to move is to pay off a house and live more comfortably, with a somewhat different lifestyle, with less emphasis on paying a mortgage, how can you blame anyone for that?

Old 08-19-2007, 02:03 PM

1,209 posts, read 4,263,143 times
Caveman referred to CA as a police state. I am not sure how that conclusion came about. Immigration laws are largely ignored. You can buy alchohol anywhere anytime. You can even buy a car on Sunday, if you want to. I wish I could here. Please give an example of the CA government having tighter reins on the population than CO. Is there more gun control in CA?

Old 08-19-2007, 04:53 PM

87,079 posts, read 102,815,223 times
I'll tell you what's with hating Californians: It's dumb. It bugs me that the schools here teach "diversity", yet no one seems to apply it to Californians, Texans, etc. My kids' elementary school once staged a play written by a teacher (who probably preached diversity in the classroom) that made fun of Texans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or