U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,881,214 times

Advertisements

roseba wrote:
People have a right to live where they want to live. Half the people I know in NYC are not originally from NYC. So is it a crime if I was born here, and want to live somewhere else? And what of the genetic lottery anyway? Are you sanctioned to stick it out some place just because that is where you were born and raised?
My thouhgts on this issue are much the same as yours. I've always thought that it is a silly notion for someone to believe that simply becasue they were born somehwere that they are more entitled to live there than somone who was born elsewhere. This entitlement mentality has no basis in reality. In reality our bodies have 2 feet. By continulously putting one foot in front of the other we can move from place to place. In fact, mankind has been doing so for a long long time. I don't think it's gonna stop anytime soon just becasue some people have resisitance to others moving into their area. For better or worse, these frustrated people simply won't accept reality and they lead unhappy lives as a result of their resistance to change.

blessings.....Franco

Old 10-23-2007, 01:33 PM

256 posts, read 1,302,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfSoCal View Post
the one thing you have in common with the Californians that are moving out is your hate of Cali. So whay take it out on them, they're on your side or they would still be there.
exactly im planning on moving either to denver or seattle and its because i think it is rediculous how expensive it is to live in an overpopulated place that doesnt even have low crime or anything. I want to be closer to the natural beauty and I want to live somewhere where I can enjoy life. And as much as I have enjoyed San FRancisco I dont like it here and its not my cup of tea.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:06 PM

14,583 posts, read 22,431,023 times
Californians are in our prayers now. Those fires look devastating to people, animals, homes and property, the elderly who have a hard time breathing, the Fire fighters...

Old 11-11-2007, 02:52 PM

98 posts, read 399,132 times
It's funny - I was just saying on another post how we have finally settled in - we have been here 6 weeks and have been amazed at how nice everyone is... even when we say we are from California. Moving here after I read all these comments (not just on this post, but on the site in general) I was thinking that we would be shunned or something. lol. But it's been great. Maybe they only talk about us behind our backs????

If that's the case, I'm fine with that... hahaha

We have overall been very pleasantly surprised though. We love Co. so far!

Old 11-11-2007, 04:52 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,881,214 times
Like you Momzilla, I'm a relative newcomer to Colorado. Been here for 16 months, and I've never encounterd any degree of hostility whatsoever. Fortunately it's limited to a few bitter hearted people on the forum. BTW, welcome to Colorado. I think you'll love it here.

blessings Franco

Old 11-11-2007, 05:02 PM

6,972 posts, read 14,102,736 times
Did you guys get any snow yet? We got some rain here today. Pretty have by LA standards.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:34 PM

676 posts, read 2,543,500 times
We got a very small amount back in october. Supposedly we are getting some tomorrow also. November is typically a dry month for the denver area I believe. I like it this way though. Some cold days mixed in with some really nice warm days. I wouldn't mind if the rest of the winter went this way as opposed to the last winter.. that was a nightmare

Old 11-11-2007, 09:36 PM

55,668 posts, read 74,646,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB0722 View Post
Since none of you writing the negative things about Californians moving to Colorado obviously are not from California, let me fill you in. Californians are not to blame for what has happened to California...it's all the people moving from the mid-west, and other areas of the U.S. that have caused population to grow, and growing pains occur, since land is so limited.

The Californians that are moving out of CA, are those that want a more relaxed lifestyle, possibly a different climate, affordable housing, etc. You'd know that if you lived here, so you should really welcome those people, because they want a change in lifestyle, not to impose their lifestyle on another place...Come on, who does that (aside from New Yorkers)?

I think some of you are right, in that the weather in Colorado will be a buffer to bringing a large amount of people in from California (So Cal especially). So you need not worry. You cannot blame some for taking their equity and wanting to move to a place with a slower pace, and a much-reduced or non-existent mortgage payment.
i live in s. california but go to memphis area often. i have noticed
the people in mississippi are real real nice and the weather is lousy
in califonia its exactly the opposite.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:39 PM

6,972 posts, read 14,102,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
We got a very small amount back in october. Supposedly we are getting some tomorrow also. November is typically a dry month for the denver area I believe. I like it this way though. Some cold days mixed in with some really nice warm days. I wouldn't mind if the rest of the winter went this way as opposed to the last winter.. that was a nightmare
You're probably getting the storm that passed through here.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:12 PM

279 posts, read 600,262 times
Default "Us" and "Them"

I have noticed a distinct "us" and "them" attitude with a percentage of people living in Colorado. Almost like its belongs to them and no one else is welcome. I am not referring to everyone in the state, just a small percentage who seem to have this attitude. Just like we say "you can't pick your relatives" we also can't pick where we are born, but feel we have the right to move if we choose.

I have bought, and I have moved, and I love it. The people I have met have been some of the most warm and welcoming people I have ever met, but I don't get that impression from everyone.

Am I reading the vibes correctly, or have I got it totally wrong?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or