Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:59 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,167 times

Advertisements

Dear Minier and Fellow neighbors. I love Colorado, what's there not to love about it? I was fortunate to grow up here as a kid and then travel around the States and the Globe as a military brat and come back home in recent years. Yes, traveling and living are eye openers. I do love it and still consider it home however am relocating next year. What attracts a great audience in Colorado is the snowcapped Rockies, everyone here attests to the outdoors whether they really indulge in it or not on the weekends. There is also the only decent sized city of Denver in the Rockies which permits approximately 2% growth statewide about 100,000 people a year, but mainly within Denver and it's 60 mile radius.

In Colorado we greatly appreciate what we call environmental sustainability and there is something we appreciate less that of social sustainability. I wouldn't say some of these are NOT "bad" things per say but I would say it's a negative trend which many of you would agree. For one, in almost any urban area today from East coast to West coast, the North to the South you see an "unimaginative" suburbia sprawl. I'm sure you'd understand once you've been lost in one. Other factors as well, traffic, living costs, illegal aliens, crime though not as bad as other major cities, also sprawl from this indicator which I probably should not write a book upon on this forum. To conclude I would say it's my favorite place for many reasons, same as which brings many people here, it's however not a place I want to live the next 20 so years and see my kids grow up, though if my kids want to attend college in Colorado, I would encourage them to do so and will continue to come back to visit, perhaps purchasing a summer home a couple years down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado