U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2011, 12:45 PM

12,106 posts, read 20,424,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
We have 10.5" now... I cheated and took this through the window
My husband is about to wind up the snowblower. There's 20" on the ground in some places (that's combined with the snow we got on Thursday).
Ok I am officially jealous. Great picture......

BTW the wind changed direction and is now coming from the north. Because of the Palmer divide the wind goes down the mountain and drys out the air. So the snow stopped and the sun came out. Unless the wind changes direction again Pueblo's snow storm is over. However I can see where the southern suburbs are still getting snow.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
Nice picture in Nederland.

As for the Pueblo weather news, nice as well to have a lovely outdoor panorama in the park with the trees and (more or less) snow covered grass.

To get that full weather person effect, if desired, aside from graphics, one could do some editing and at times in front of the camera, with it on a tripod. At Weather.com they always like to send their weather person out in the midst of a storm for dramatic effect. So maybe get a fan to blow a blizzard across the 'reporter,' and hold onto something tight, as if about blown away.

It will vary, but the region of Estes Park seemingly without as much snow as Nederland, as the mountains to the west caught it.
Thanks! I am thinking about going in front of the camera to do a weather report. Never thought about a fan but maybe that will be the only way I can show a decent snow storm in Pueblo lol. I am using these small storm to get use to the new I Phone camera and posting videos then when Pueblo does finally get a large storm, who knows when that will be , I will make a even better video.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:28 PM

1,994 posts, read 4,199,492 times
Thanks, Idunn and Josseppie. It is quite beautiful, the snow is very light and fluffy. Our current temperature is 12.
This is an upslope storm which is why we received more snow. Our wind direction is from the east and if you look at the radar you'll see there is no snow to the west. Eldora reported 8" at around noon and we now have 11" (we are 8 miles NE).
A location 7 mi SE of Boulder is reporting 13" - that's the most I have seen reported:
National Weather Service Text Product Display
Just when I thought it was clearing (saw patches of blue sky and sun) it began to snow again.

Last edited by Neditate; 12-03-2011 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 12-03-2011, 01:59 PM

The wind changed direction and Pueblo has upslope again! It's getting cloudy and I am keeping my fingers crossed the snow picks back up.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:08 AM

400 posts, read 384,660 times
Got around an inch of snow on the ground tonight.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:18 PM

Josseppie -- where's your video?
We ended up with 11.5" yesterday. That makes 24.5" since Thursday and it just started to snow again...

Old 12-05-2011, 09:00 AM

10,643 posts, read 11,731,096 times
Another inch of snow last night.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:01 AM

We got down to -7 this morning - thank goodness the sun is shining!
6.5" of snow last night. Counting the inch we got on Wed. night that brings us to 32" this past week.
In the entire month of December 2010 we received only a foot of snow.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:35 AM

2,253 posts, read 5,862,227 times
Wink New Mexico & I-40, etc.

'Portions of Interstate 40 east and west of Albuquerque, parts of Interstate 25 south of Socorro and Interstate 10 near Las Cruces were closed for a portion of the day.' [1]

An interesting article on the snow and cold in New Mexico. This storm seems to have come in Monday, and gone as fast, but leaving snow across the state, and unusually as far south as Las Cruces. With cold temperatures as well, -15 in at least one place, although cold in Colorado as well.

This may be of most interest to those occasionally asking, or thinking that the southern route to the West Coast always clear and easy. This serves as a good example that it is not always so. Not sure about the high country of Colorado, but at least in some places nothing but vividly blue sky, whereas snowing in New Mexico today. I-40, being more usually clear than I-70, has been closed both east and west of Albuquerque. With people in such places as Grants opting for the safety of a motel room rather than the road. I-25 and I-10 have been affected as well.

Good day to be by the kiva fire.

1) 'Snow day delivers mix of havoc and delight,' Santa Fe New Mexican
Snow day delivers mix of havoc and delight - The Santa Fe New Mexican

Old 12-06-2011, 05:19 AM

12,852 posts, read 23,332,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
This may be of most interest to those occasionally asking, or thinking that the southern route to the West Coast always clear and easy. This serves as a good example that it is not always so. Not sure about the high country of Colorado, but at least in some places nothing but vividly blue sky, whereas snowing in New Mexico today. I-40, being more usually clear than I-70, has been closed both east and west of Albuquerque. With people in such places as Grants opting for the safety of a motel room rather than the road. I-25 and I-10 have been affected as well.
Thanks for this.

In the past two weeks, I've gone back and forth to CA via I-70, and encountered almost nothing snow-wise (there was a teeny bit at Vail on the way out). I then did I-25 down to Raton on Thursday (as mentioned earlier), and was trudging through snow from Pueblo southward. Let's just say that would not have been a good time to be a Californian coming to Colorado via the "snow avoidance route".

Even the way that "almost never has snow" can have it just like I-70 can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado