U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 11:14 AM

12,102 posts, read 20,372,219 times

Advertisements

The snow finally hit Pueblo and I was able to make my first snow video!

This is my first attempt and not the best. I hope to improve as I make more. Yes I will make many many more!

Old 10-26-2011, 03:55 PM

I decided to take some snow videos of downtown Pueblo.

The snow picked up after I took this video so I took one more.

It is snowing even harder now. If it keeps up I might shoot another video later.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:49 AM

65,078 posts, read 47,438,893 times
Very cools guys...If you have any rare stats please post such as early snow, most snow, persistant cold, ect. ect

Here's from Rocky mountain National park webcams. Rocky Mountain National Park - Webcams (U.S. National Park Service)

Old 10-27-2011, 11:17 AM

13,710 posts, read 21,527,400 times
Rooftop snow here in Pueblo. I had to work in it last night. It didn't get below 32 so I didn't have to plow any snow or throw any salt.

We got enough in Pdub to keep the fields white all the way west, but the dirt roads muddy as Coz mentioned.

Congrats to j96g. You win the grand prize. Rep points coming your way and see ya all again next year.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 AM

1,993 posts, read 4,188,349 times
The snow ended here around 4pm yesterday with a total of 13".
Gorgeous morning today!

Old 10-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Looks like we might be getting another snow storm Wednesday! Hopefully now that the ground is colder in Pueblo more of the snow will stick.............

Old 10-31-2011, 10:57 PM

It looks like Pueblo and Colorado Springs are going to miss out on this next storm as the wind will be from the north. For us that means down sloping wind, from the Palmer divide, so it drys out the air.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 PM

Talking Winter Weather Advisory

It looks like I might get a snow storm after all as the NWS just issued a winter weather advisory for Pueblo. If it does snow I will have a few more videos.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUEBLO CO
1052 AM MDT TUE NOV 1 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PUEBLO HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO NOON MDT WEDNESDAY.

* LOCATION...SOUTHERN EL PASO COUNTY...PUEBLO COUNTY...CROWLEY COUNTY...EASTERN FREMONT COUNTY...THE WET MOUNTAINS...THE WET MOUNTAIN VALLEY AND THE NORTHERN SANGRE DE CRISTO MOUNTAINS.

* CAUSE AND TIMING...A FAST MOVING...BUT STRONG...PACIFIC STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE ACROSS THE REGION TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY WEDNESDAY.

* SNOW ACCUMULATION...2 TO 4 INCHES OVER PUEBLO...SOUTHERN EL PASO...EASTERN FREMONT AND CROWLEY COUNTIES. 3 TO 7 INCHES OVER THE WET MOUNTAINS...THE SANGRE DE CRISTO MOUNTAINS AND THE WET MOUNTAIN VALLEY.

* WIND...NORTH WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH PRODUCING WIDESPREAD BLOWING SNOW AND POOR VISIBILITY...ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AREAS EAST OF INTERSTATE 25.

* IMPACT...A COMBINATION OF SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WILL PRODUCE LOW VISIBILITY AND DIFFICULT TRAVEL CONDITIONS FOR THE MORNING COMMUTE ON WEDNESDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL IN THE ADVISORY AREA DURING THE TIME OF THE ADVISORY...LISTEN TO THE LATEST WEATHER FORECAST AND CONSIDER TRAVELING AT ANOTHER TIME OR BY ANOTHER ROUTE.

WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO A COMBINATION OF SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:55 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,125,069 times
I'm not sure what the point is in posting all of these forecasts of snow events that may or may not materialize. I'm an amateur climatologist and I'm probably more interested in climate and weather than most people, but I find this drivel quite boring--especially in the climatic context that, well, anytime from October to May snow can occur just about anywhere in Colorado. Yawn. And, so what if it DOES snow? It snows here every year--there is nothing noteworthy about it. In San Diego, it might be unusual, but a "snow day" in Colorado is just another day. Posting these weather forecasts is as pointless as posting that "the sun will shine somewhere in Colorado today." Wow, what news that is!--I should post that every day on this thread.

If one wants to be titillated by a weather forecast, then mosey over to Weather Forecast & Reports - Long Range & Local | Wunderground : Weather Underground and salivate over the forecast--click on the "Scientific Weather Discussion" and have an out-of-body experience reading the Weather Service discussion of the next few days' weather--but leave this thread to discuss when a truly "epic" weather event actually occurs.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
I'm not sure what the point is in posting all of these forecasts of snow events that may or may not materialize. I'm an amateur climatologist and I'm probably more interested in climate and weather than most people, but I find this drivel quite boring--especially in the climatic context that, well, anytime from October to May snow can occur just about anywhere in Colorado. Yawn. And, so what if it DOES snow? It snows here every year--there is nothing noteworthy about it. In San Diego, it might be unusual, but a "snow day" in Colorado is just another day. Posting these weather forecasts is as pointless as posting that "the sun will shine somewhere in Colorado today." Wow, what news that is!--I should post that every day on this thread.

If one wants to be titillated by a weather forecast, then mosey over to Weather Forecast & Reports - Long Range & Local | Wunderground : Weather Underground and salivate over the forecast--click on the "Scientific Weather Discussion" and have an out-of-body experience reading the Weather Service discussion of the next few days' weather--but leave this thread to discuss when a truly "epic" weather event actually occurs.
I am the OP and this thread is not about "truly epic weather events" if you want a thread for those kind of events in Colorado then start one. This thread is for winter weather in Colorado and that includes "epic" events as well as light snow showers and even sunny days or rain, whatever weather related event people want to post about.

As far as your first paragraph. I LOVE snow. Yes it happens every year in Colorado and that is one reason I live here. I could never live in a city where snow was unusual. So I will continue to get excited when it snows in Pueblo rather its the first or last snowfall of the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado