U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2011, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Centennial State
399 posts, read 667,256 times
Reputation: 176

Advertisements

Nissan Expands Leaf To Six More States

Quote:
Just the Facts:
  • Nissan began taking orders on Thursday for the 2012 Leaf in Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey and New York.
  • The first Leaf deliveries to those states are slated to begin in December.
  • By the end of the year, Nissan also plans to begin taking Leaf orders in Delaware, Indiana, Louisiana, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island.

 
Old 10-01-2011, 09:51 PM
 
9,816 posts, read 19,023,867 times
Reputation: 7537
Good luck running one of those when it is -10F out.
 
Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 AM
 
Location: Centennial State
399 posts, read 667,256 times
Reputation: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Good luck running one of those when it is -10F out.
;D Boulder definitely will. So will Denver. I'm more worried about the infrastructure support. It'd be nice to drive around in a Tesla Roadster around in the winter.
 
Old 10-02-2011, 10:05 AM
 
9,816 posts, read 19,023,867 times
Reputation: 7537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe Itsavized View Post
;D Boulder definitely will. So will Denver. I'm more worried about the infrastructure support. It'd be nice to drive around in a Tesla Roadster around in the winter.
The batteries are blocks of ice in the cold and their effectiveness goes way down.

Personally if it was me I would not want to be stranded on I-25 in a snowstorm with a dead car that takes 12 hours to charge in a regular outlet.
 
Old 10-02-2011, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Centennial State
399 posts, read 667,256 times
Reputation: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
The batteries are blocks of ice in the cold and their effectiveness goes way down.
Which is obviously why I said what I said. Infrastructure.

If you still don't understand just Google "Nissan Leaf cold weather".

Last edited by Sobe Itsavized; 10-02-2011 at 08:00 PM..
 
Old 10-02-2011, 08:43 PM
 
9,816 posts, read 19,023,867 times
Reputation: 7537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe Itsavized View Post
Which is obviously why I said what I said. Infrastructure.

If you still don't understand just Google "Nissan Leaf cold weather".


I've done testing for a certain manufacturer regarding battery powered vehicles in, Colorado of all places, and am quite familiar with their performance, which is pretty much useless below zero and not so great below freezing which is why I added my comments.
 
Old 10-02-2011, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Centennial State
399 posts, read 667,256 times
Reputation: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post


I've done testing for a certain manufacturer regarding battery powered vehicles in, Colorado of all places, and am quite familiar with their performance, which is pretty much useless below zero and not so great below freezing which is why I added my comments.
Oh, that's nice but if that "certain manufacturer" doesn't include Nissan and their 2012 Nissan Leaf then it's irrelevant.

But it seems obvious you don't realize the 2012 Nissan Leaf has a defining feature that sets it apart from the 2011 model (which was obviously in the link in my previous post).

Here's yet another link if you ever bother to simply click on it. http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...eastern-states
 
Old 10-02-2011, 10:53 PM
 
11,715 posts, read 35,021,277 times
Reputation: 7466
"Included as standard on every 2012 Nissan Leaf, the cold-weather package includes battery heating to keep the Leaf’s lithium-ion battery pack warm in cold weather as well as electrically heated passenger seats and steering wheel for passenger comfort. "

How many miles does it take off the already weak range? That energy's got to come some somewhere.
 
Old 10-03-2011, 12:02 AM
 
9,816 posts, read 19,023,867 times
Reputation: 7537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe Itsavized View Post
Oh, that's nice but if that "certain manufacturer" doesn't include Nissan and their 2012 Nissan Leaf then it's irrelevant.

But it seems obvious you don't realize the 2012 Nissan Leaf has a defining feature that sets it apart from the 2011 model (which was obviously in the link in my previous post).

Here's yet another link if you ever bother to simply click on it. 2012 Nissan Leaf Now Available In Colorado, Northeastern States
Not irrelevant at all and it just might be Nissan!

Don't know what your issue is and why you are so snippy.

I'm familiar with the "cold weather package" and all I can say is good luck!
 
Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Centennial State
399 posts, read 667,256 times
Reputation: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
"Included as standard on every 2012 Nissan Leaf, the cold-weather package includes battery heating to keep the Leaf’s lithium-ion battery pack warm in cold weather as well as electrically heated passenger seats and steering wheel for passenger comfort. "

How many miles does it take off the already weak range? That energy's got to come some somewhere.
Oh, thank you for doing so much of the hard work for wanner. That poster seems to like to make up a lot of things on the spot.

How many miles that takes off the already 70 average mile range depends on a lot of things and is not a set number. That should be obvious since every individual drives differently and at different times of the day.

And again, that is why I said the infrastructure has to allow charging here and there in order to curb the range anxiety everyone else already has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Not irrelevant at all and it just might be Nissan!

Don't know what your issue is and why you are so snippy.

I'm familiar with the "cold weather package" and all I can say is good luck!
;D Again, if it's not the Nissan Leaf 2012 then it is irrelevant. But now that you finally realize that there is a method to combat against the cold weather issues, you can finally start using more assumptions and generalizations to try and prove a point.

All you can say is "good luck"? Lol I'm certain you've said a lot more than that. Just scroll up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top