Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 08:19 AM

7 posts, read 19,220 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are taking our three grown kids, their spouses and our one beautiful grandson skiing the week after Christmas. We already have a house rented in Winter Park but need to find the best deal on discount lift tickets and ski rentals in Winter Park. ANY help you can give would be greatly appreciated. We plan to ski three days. Thanks!

Dawn in Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 08:58 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLDplays88 View Post
My husband and I are taking our three grown kids, their spouses and our one beautiful grandson skiing the week after Christmas. We already have a house rented in Winter Park but need to find the best deal on discount lift tickets and ski rentals in Winter Park. ANY help you can give would be greatly appreciated. We plan to ski three days. Thanks!

Dawn in Texas
ETA:

Never mind. Missed the three days. Not sure where you're going to find any deals.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:04 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,122,918 times
Many of the ski resorts offer discounted lift tickets through your lodging. If that is not offered through your rental I don't know where you can find discounts over the holidays. I looked at the coupons in the "E Book" and the Winter Park coupons are not valid 12/23-1/1.
Have you checked the Winter Park Resort or the Chamber of Commerce websites?
Winter Park Resort - Official Ski Resort Website - Winter Park, Colorado (http://www.winterparkresort.com/index.htm - broken link)
Winter Park & Fraser Valley Chamber of Commerce, Winter Park, Colorado

Old 10-31-2011, 12:07 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,871 times
In past years, Front Range King Soopers and Safeway stores have sold discount tickets to Winter Park - not a large savings, but some. You might ask at a King Soopers or Safeway near you to find out if they'll be selling them this year.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:52 PM

Thanks so much!

Old 10-31-2011, 02:18 PM

52 posts, read 131,437 times
Aside from coming up here and buying the 4 pack or season pass, you are going to be hard pressed to find discounted lift tickets during that time period. The week between Christmas and New Years' is the busiest in all of ski season, so all the resorts charge top dollar. Timing (when you visit, primarily during weekdays or non-holiday times) and planning and buying ahead are the keys to getting the best deals on lift tickets. Your best bet would be to buy them off of Liftopia.com, buy them direct from the website, or from the grocery store. On the Winter Park website an adult full day ticket is going for $94 if you buy it online for that week. Walk up rates tend to be $7-$10 more expensive. The link to the website is here Winter Park - Winter Lift Tickets (http://www.winterparkresort.com/tickets/lifttickets/index.htm - broken link). Have fun, it is shaping up to be another great snow year thus far. 4-6 winter storms predicted in the next 2 weeks.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:18 AM

I will check out liftopia. I know it's the expensive time to come skiing but with work, school, etc. it's the best time for our family. Well worth the additional cost to get all my kids together!!!! Can't wait! Thanks again!

Old 11-03-2011, 10:48 PM

52 posts, read 131,437 times
This was just announced today, thought you might like it. The Colorado Triple Play. 2 days of skiing at Aspen/Snowmass, Winter Park, and Steamboat. Anybody can buy it. Blackout dates December 27-31 though. Just thought it worth mentioning Colorado Triple Play - Home. $299 for Adults & $259 for children. You won't find a walk up rate lift ticket for under $100 at Steamboat & Aspen this year. Not a salesman, but this was something that really caught my eye.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:05 AM

Thank you so much but naturally, we will be skiing DURING the black out dates! I know these places know that they can charge the full price for those of us who are there during Christmas, but it sure kinda seems unfair. We need a break, too. Thanks again!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:00 PM

19 posts, read 48,589 times
I've got 40 tickets where you can get in for $69 per person....I'll never use them all....good at Winter Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado