U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:56 PM

7 posts, read 38,653 times

Advertisements

Thank you! Fabulous... now I have an idea.

Also, I hate to be a pest, but I added something in a piece that I really have no idea if I'm speaking nonsense... is there a jewlery store IN Rye? Haha, just wondering....

Thank you for the feedback!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 AM

431 posts, read 2,559,979 times
Default I have a question.

A number of years ago a Rye high school boy disappeared from his job at a filling station, I believe it was. This is what I remember. Nothing was taken, money etc. He was to graduate the next day from Rye High School. He just was gone.

I have thought about it and wondered about him all these yrs. Do any of you remember this and if he was ever found?

Old 09-04-2007, 11:32 AM

14,498 posts, read 22,347,982 times
To Anonymous Author: none that I know nor ever heard of. There could be one. I doubt if The Shane Co. has an outlet there though. We are still talking about Rye, Colorado aren't we?

To Nadine; Joe Lepley. He was a worker at a gas station in Colorado City that borders I-25. He may have been working at what was once known as Stuckey's or was it Casey Jones? He was in fact kidnapped, it appears, and never seen or heard of since. I was 8 or 9 at the time and we were just visiting the area when I saw the missing posters for him. This was a year or three before we moved there. My older cousin was a student up in Rye at the time and I was so young that- you kind of keep those kind of details from kids such as myself.

It was a sad story with a sad non-ending as I don't think they ever had any positive leads on the case. With new forensics, don't be surprised to see the perp go down in a firey crash in the next year or so. They'll get Dale Hinman (sp??) to come out here, open the case up, and go "Mission Road" on the perp's AGHGHHGHGHGHGH$$! That would be great.

Either way, I'm somewhat familiar with the family involved but didn't get to know them too well as they didn't have any kids my age.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:54 AM

431 posts, read 2,559,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
To Anonymous Author: none that I know nor ever heard of. There could be one. I doubt if The Shane Co. has an outlet there though. We are still talking about Rye, Colorado aren't we?

To Nadine; Joe Lepley. He was a worker at a gas station in Colorado City that borders I-25. He may have been working at what was once known as Stuckey's or was it Casey Jones? He was in fact kidnapped, it appears, and never seen or heard of since. I was 8 or 9 at the time and we were just visiting the area when I saw the missing posters for him. This was a year or three before we moved there. My older cousin was a student up in Rye at the time and I was so young that- you kind of keep those kind of details from kids such as myself.

It was a sad story with a sad non-ending as I don't think they ever had any positive leads on the case. With new forensics, don't be surprised to see the perp go down in a firey crash in the next year or so. They'll get Dale Hinman (sp??) to come out here, open the case up, and go "Mission Road" on the perp's AGHGHHGHGHGHGH$$! That would be great.

Either way, I'm somewhat familiar with the family involved but didn't get to know them too well as they didn't have any kids my age.
Yes that was the name. And yes that would be good would it not? I am addicted to Cold Case Files among other true cases. Every time I watch those shows I think about that boy and wonder. Thanks, I thought maybe you would know something. I used to watch the news and the paper closely for news of that boy. But there never was any that I read or heard. It was so hush hush it seems. Often wondered why other than they did not want what info they had to get out. But after a while you would think they would have gone to the media and the people.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:51 PM

I seriously think they are on some trail or were less than a year ago as new frensics or capablilities have enabled them to open it back up.

I could be wrong as this is just what I've heard or as I recall it from a local newspaper. Please Google it or look in the Chieftain or the ValleyView. The problem is, you may have to dig something up from archives and the Pueblo er- newspaper charges per article for that. There was definitely something on this perhaps less than a year ago.

The problem is, how do they do this without tipping the "perp" off in the process. You kind of have to sit back and wait for a conviction and hope that it turns into the next "solved" Cold Case episode.

I'm so excited! I'm gonna get my popcorn ready. The victim was just one of those extremely nice guys who didn't deserve this. That I know for a fact.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-04-2007 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: My fingers are at odds with my eyeballs.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Uh... yes! I believe we are x]

No jewelry store... hmph... Well. Imagination is a virtue. So we shall pretend!!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,896 times
What kinda project are you doing Anonymous_Author?

It seems the PW builders are weaseling their way into Colorado City though There has been at least 4 different builders with 4 different houses built near me in about a year, none have been sold they just sit there, one family moved away when a builder, with a bad rep for poor houses, built right next door to them. I'll never understand the reason behind building right next door to a house when there is so many other lots available. Well I just hope CC/Rye can maintain this small community lifestyle for a few more years and leave the urban sprawl for PW/Pueblo.

Last edited by lefty719; 09-05-2007 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: ()

Old 09-05-2007, 10:23 AM

I hear ya chirpin, little bird! All I know about Rye is a high school, a grade school, a little country store where the old school used to be, a cafe or restaurant that I haven't been to yet, maybe a place to get your hair done, a construction company or two, a fire dept, a telephone company, a credit union, a small theatre kind of place where you can go watch a play or something?? I just can't think of anything else going on in Rye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_Author;
Also, I hate to be a pest, but I added something in a piece that I really have no idea if I'm speaking nonsense... is there a jewlery store IN Rye? Haha, just wondering...."

Old 09-05-2007, 03:05 PM

It's a book of course!!

I guess Anonymous_Author wasn't specific enough. I would give details and everything. but
a. that has nothing to do with anything going on in this, really
b. I'm not exactly 100% sure myself. I'm still working around details...OH! Almost forgot. Is there a train that runs through Rye?? By train I mean a traion you can actually board... If not, how about In Pueblo?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 AM

Of course there's a train! Ya Dork! Haven't you heard of the Apache Line? It links Apache City and the historic Greenhorn to the Ophir Creek Gold Mines.

Oh, and there was a jewlery store in Rye back in about 1857, I think. It was run by someone named Jean Baptiste Tavernier I think.

Yeah, that's the ticket!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or