Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 AM

529 posts, read 1,320,731 times

Advertisements

Isn't Rye the location of an off-shoot of the Warren Jess clan? Fundalmentalist Mormans? Or is that Westcliffe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 05:56 PM

17,874 posts, read 27,262,848 times
I'm not a Mormon, nor a fundamentalist, nor part of any "clan", so I cannot speak to that. But I'll tell you this; the Mormon faith is very strong up there and I know some Mormon folks up there who are grade A folks.

Rye is dry. No bars and no liquor stores, not even a petro filling station. It's rumored that one can get a cup of coffee or an RC Cola there though.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,587 times
I know you already have a response to your questions about Rye, Colorado. I am new to this site. I live 10 minutes away from Rye, Colorado in a small town of Colorado City. My daugther is in 4th grade at Rye Elementary and is bused every day to an from the school. I have friends that work with my mom that went to Rye High (which is right accross from Rye Elementary). The middle school is called Craver Middle and is just down the road from where I live in Colorado City. All 3 schools share the same school colors which are purple and white and are called the thunderbolts or t-bolts for short. We are in district 70 so now we are only doing the 4 day school week. if you have any current questions please send me a message and I will try to answer for you.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:20 AM

138 posts, read 338,440 times
I am looking to move to Rye. Can anyone tell me about the town and the part down by the creek?

Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,283 times
Oh how fun! I know it's an older thread....but fun to read thru as we've lived in Rye for 4 years now. We're Colorado natives and this is our most favorite place so far that we've lived! We live on Greenhorn Mountain above Rye and it's just fantastic!

There's already great info on Rye in this thread! But our tiny grocery store did close down last year, but a new little Cafe did open! Anyone is welcome to pm me if you want more info. My kids were homeschooled so I don't know specifics about the schools although my nephew and niece attended the schools here and loved them. Our daughter is a student at CSU-Pueblo now and we love it for her!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,244 times
hello LuvLeeStamper. My wife and I are looking at Rye as a possible retirement place. Or in that general area. I was wondering about water. I see alot of stuff on the web about the lack of and folks having to haul water or use a cistern etc. We live in Arkansas and always have. So everyday little things that one might not think about, well, has to be thought about before taking such a huge task on. And this would be a big deal for us. Anyway, things such as water, hauling off trash, building code violations (if one wanted to build a fence or out building) or any other "dont's" for that area. We have always lived outside the city limits "in the country" and in Arkansas, well, not a whole lot of restrictions on how to live or how you go about it. Just was kinda wondering about this stuff because Isure dont want to step on any toes or break any "code of the west" so to speak. We are clean, neat people and keep our place up very well. We are home bodies and like to piddle around the house. Any inside information would be appreciated.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 PM

17,874 posts, read 27,262,848 times
Trash removal is not a problem if you live in or near Rye. Colorado City has water and sewer and even natural gas in many places. Maybe parts of Rye as well.

Now you can live out in the boondocks of Rye or near San Isabel or even out in Huerfano County and it might be like farm livin'.

DM me and I can put you in touch with a real estate agent with a good rep and he can surely answer some of your questions specific to certain locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado