U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 8,260 times

Advertisements

I need alittle help. If anyone has any information about after school care, programs or groups it would be great. Being a single parent like so many, I have a hard time with work and pick-up time for kids. I don't have any family in this area and would love to re-locate. I'm trying to retain some helpful info before I do. Thanks for your time and consideration, Sherri
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 06:46 PM

649 posts, read 2,691,617 times
Sherri- I am not familiar w/ Rye, but I know here in Colorado Springs, there is after school buses that come and pick up kids at take them to the Y or daycare. I also see people advertise for b4 and afterschool care too. They seem like great programs. What have you looked into? bashep

Old 03-06-2007, 11:07 AM

83 posts, read 330,073 times
Default Good & Bad about Rye Colorado

Can anyone tell me anything about Rye Colorado?

Old 03-06-2007, 09:29 PM

14,498 posts, read 22,345,330 times
run a search on this thread with "Rye" in the title and there's some recent activity on it. Take someone elses opinion rather than just mine.

I personally think it's a great place to live if you're retired, don't mind commuting 30+ miles to work, or can work from home.

It's at the foothills of the Greenhorn Mountain (Wet Mountains) and has an elevation of about 6900+ feet.

The schooling in that area from middle school to high school served me very well. The population is very small, yet it seems like it might boom one day, but it can't. Not enough resources for it too support more than a couple thousand.

It's really hard to describe Rye without a picture or something. I'll see if I can dig one up.

I'll have to try later.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:17 AM

129 posts, read 1,122,239 times
Rye is in a very pretty setting, but can get hit quite hard by snowstorms in the region. We lived north of there at the foot of the Wet Mountains near Beulah, and were often surprised to learn how much more snow Rye received as compared to what we'd get at our house.

That extra 900' elevation, and sitting at the foot of the tallest peak in the Wet Mountains probably caused the dramatic difference in weather.

Still, if you don't mind a few big snows in the winter, and don't mind the commute to Pueblo for shopping, this is definitely a beautiful little town!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 AM

431 posts, read 2,559,767 times
Colorado City is close. Has a few business. And a lot more people

Old 06-28-2007, 12:13 PM

4 posts, read 19,694 times
Rye is a beautiful small town with wildlife all around. Bears, mule deer, foxes, and mountain lions. I loved living there. Plus in the Summer it is cooler than in Pueblo.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:55 PM

14,498 posts, read 22,345,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weicht View Post
Rye is a beautiful small town with wildlife all around. Bears, mule deer, foxes, and mountain lions. I loved living there. Plus in the Summer it is cooler than in Pueblo.
I heard that Rye got up to 93 the other day. It was at least 99 in Pueblo.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:26 PM

7 posts, read 38,652 times
Exclamation Rye Colorado

Hello everyone! I need to know anything, and everything about Rye COlorado for my current project. Some of the following questions would be helpful like...

*For school's, is there a school in Rye, or is there a bus to take the kids to another town? About how many people per class (i.e. 2008, 2009... 2022) would you estimate?

*What kind of things are there to do?

*I understand that Bishop's Castle is in Rye. IS this an often visited place, or just more of soemthing that's there?

*What do the local people do in the freetime?

If you have anything else, that would be useful too. I also know it snows alot (this is Colorado... of course it does!!) I'm more looking for activities to do. IS there a park?? That would be sueful to know too...

Thank you!

Old 08-25-2007, 11:51 PM

46 posts, read 185,944 times
Default huh

Theres a town called rye??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or