Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:18 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
awesome thanks so much for the info! i know CO doesnt want an influx of folks..but yall just let me sneak in...i am a legaltaxpaying (oh boy do i pay) US citizen (ha ha, no illegal here), and just a simple cowgirl who lives a simple life!
added to say i just looked up wetmore-saw some pics....perfect!
I have not posted anything in this thread yet but I have been reading your posts. First off let me give you some back ground information so you know where I am coming from. I am a 38 years old 4th generation Coloradoan. I was born, raised and currently live in Pueblo.

I completely agree with sesamekid. Canon City and the surrounding towns have not changed much in my life. They are great places to live if you like small town living but keep in mind most of your shopping will be in Pueblo as they have the only mall and stores like Best Buy in this region. Its a easy drive on Highway 50.

As far as wanting new people to move into the state. Not all of us are close minded. In fact I think this state and especially this region needs new people with new ideas. So I welcome you here and hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Then when you do tell your friends and family and encourage them to move here!

Just something to think about but a lot of people who work in the prisons live in Pueblo West. If you live on the west side its not a far commute and its more of a rural town feel yet you are closer to Pueblo where all the city amenities are.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:26 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,969,837 times
Florence is nowhere NEAR being "built up". As others said, come check it out, I'm sure you'll like what you find.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
I keep hearing about overpopulation in CO, the "Californication", the influx of treehuggin' granola-eatin' environmental hippie types trying to change everything (this is just what i hear when i mention CO)....is it like that everywhere, or just in metro areas and popular areas?
Probably the only people talking like that are in the Denver area. The rest of the state is very minimally populated.

Quote:
Is there any place in CO that is like rural Texas? ya know, laid back, lots of wide open spaces and cattle range, country folk, rodeos, cowboy lifestyle...
probably most of Colorado except for the Front Range.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,376,939 times
thanks so much. looking forward to checking out the area firsthand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I have not posted anything in this thread yet but I have been reading your posts. First off let me give you some back ground information so you know where I am coming from. I am a 38 years old 4th generation Coloradoan. I was born, raised and currently live in Pueblo.

I completely agree with sesamekid. Canon City and the surrounding towns have not changed much in my life. They are great places to live if you like small town living but keep in mind most of your shopping will be in Pueblo as they have the only mall and stores like Best Buy in this region. Its a easy drive on Highway 50.

As far as wanting new people to move into the state. Not all of us are close minded. In fact I think this state and especially this region needs new people with new ideas. So I welcome you here and hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Then when you do tell your friends and family and encourage them to move here!

Just something to think about but a lot of people who work in the prisons live in Pueblo West. If you live on the west side its not a far commute and its more of a rural town feel yet you are closer to Pueblo where all the city amenities are.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:51 AM

9 posts, read 15,134 times
Well, I have to say.... Florence just rocks! It is low to moderately In the building phase. You can buy a nice house for 100K in town and buying small parcels of land is very reasonable.
There are cows, goats, llamas, alpacas, lots of horses and chickens so the farm can be here just not in town. Population of town is about 3500. Florence provides services for several surrounding small towns. Becoming a very "center for the arts" amidst history and beautiful old architecture. You can walk to almost any thing, at any time or anywhere here in town.
Come visit and stay. I bet you can find a lovely home and get involved in the community.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:32 PM

178 posts, read 604,738 times
My wife taught at Florence elementary until recently. She says parents of her students have been moving out of state to find jobs. Several teachers have been laid off because of a decreasing student population. Is Florence losing population or is it just a demographic shift away from families with children to childless couples and retirees? Are there other small towns in Colorado that are close to or in the mountains that are actually losing population due to the bad economy? Florence is a nice town and I actually prefer downtown Florence to downtown Canon City. It is only a few miles from the Wet Mountains and I have gone hiking in Florence Mountain Park a number of times.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:53 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
To answer the OP's questions, yes, there are places in COLO to match your description, especially our eastern plains and western slope.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:49 PM

352 posts, read 797,300 times
3...2...1...Branson, Las Animas County.

Seeking a rural, SE ranch town w/grasslands & mesas?

Spring Branding 2012.jpg

Earth & Sky.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
What areas of CO are the least populated, most rural?-spring-branding-2012.jpg   What areas of CO are the least populated, most rural?-earth-sky.jpg  

Old 06-03-2012, 09:55 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
The OP has not returned to this thread for six months. Time to close it.

If the OP wants to post in here again, contact a moderator to have it re-opened.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-18-2013 at 08:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado