U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:08 PM

1,742 posts, read 2,691,966 times

Advertisements

We try to legislate common sense. There will always be a few "bad apples" to ruin any agenda.
We have effectively precluded natural selection. No such thing as survival of the fittest. Darwin in rolling in his grave. RP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 07:34 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,175,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
So that would turn the tables on the losers. Then it's not about telling anyone what they can or cannot do...it's about telling them what the rest of us won't do for them if they're not willing to go on record as being clean.
You've bought the propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

If you knew me, professionally, you would not label me a loser. A 20+ year veteran of my industry, I've helped build a number of businesses over the years. I show up on time, early even, smartly dressed, and ready to take on the day. It's rare that I even use all of my vacation, and even rarer for me to call in sick. I am certificated and proficient in multiple disciplines. My IQ is in the top 0.1% of the general public.

And yet, to you, I'm nothing but a pothead, because once or twice a month, almost, but not exclusively on Saturdays, I'll smoke a bowl.

Enjoy your decisions of grandeur. For that is all they are.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:03 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,737,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
You've bought the propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

If you knew me, professionally, you would not label me a loser. A 20+ year veteran of my industry, I've helped build a number of businesses over the years. I show up on time, early even, smartly dressed, and ready to take on the day. It's rare that I even use all of my vacation, and even rarer for me to call in sick. I am certificated and proficient in multiple disciplines. My IQ is in the top 0.1% of the general public.

And yet, to you, I'm nothing but a pothead, because once or twice a month, almost, but not exclusively on Saturdays, I'll smoke a bowl.

Enjoy your decisions of grandeur. For that is all they are.
No, if I knew you and you worked for me and tested positive for banned substances, I would indeed label you a loser--in a New York second. And then fire you in the next. My experience with dopers is far too negative to take a chance on one, even a self-professed success like you.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,175,458 times
Quote:
No, if I knew you and you worked for me and tested positive for banned substances, I would indeed label you a loser--in a New York second. And then fire you in the next. My experience with dopers is far too negative to take a chance on one, even a self-professed success like you.
And I won't work for companies who drug test without cause. Your loss. I'm a doper who gets things done. But not for you.

Imagine that.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 PM

5,090 posts, read 13,519,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonCityKid View Post
I have gotten the feeling that a lot of people in Colorado smoke pot. I feel that pot smoking has become a widely accepted activity.

I personally am against all illegal drug use. So these questions are specific to illegal pot use.
Are there a lot of pot heads in Colorado?
Are there a lot of casual pot smokers?

Regarding legal pot use...
Do you feel it is abused?

And how does this compare around the state from the small towns to the big cities?

Thanks
Most people, by far, do not use Pot or any illegals drugs in Colorado.

People who say that believe it themselves because they mainly associate with a group that advocates the use, and these people follow that group thinking and they want others to believe what they ascribe. However, most of do not care what the group mindless think, we think for ourselves and we go our own way and let them chatter on about their activities.

Most people in Colorado, from the young to the old; from the daily workers and the retired do not care or involve themselves in that activity. We are the silent majority surrounded by a loud minority. We go around our daily lives and ignore those people and their need for these drugs and try not to let their behavior and actions bother and harm us, if their use becomes excessive. It is the same with excessive alcohol users. We know they are there, and they cause immense problems but we try to avoid their intrusion on our lives.

It does not mean that because the vote was passed allowing some marijuana use, that is means most use it. It is just means that most who voted approved, and may not want to use it, but felt it was the best course to avoid the problems of making it a crime.

Crime or not, many people of Colorado believe that excessive or any use of marijuana or alcohol is wrong and do not engage in those activities.

From my personal perspective, I have run across these loud individual voicing their vociferous opinions as I went to liberal universities back east. I ignored them at that time and and I ignore them now--they mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to them, unless they dare to cross my path with their excessive mindless abuse.

I never abused alcohol and I do not need marijuana. Though, I can qualify as I have a debilitating disease. I just think it is stupid to try to alleviate a medical problem by sucking noxious gases from combustion into my lungs. Let others do it and and let them be damned with lung problems. I do not care enough to bother to criminalize their activities unless their abuse causes damage to myself or others in daily activities, such as driving a car. It has caused problems for me with people I have hired in fairyland Boulder. When they lacked attention to detail and failed to do their jobs correctly--I just let them go, just like any other sloppy worker. It made no difference if they were a drunk or a drug abuser--I showed no discrimination and just showed them the door.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 12-13-2011 at 09:21 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,413,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
VenusAllen wrote:
someone decided weed was bad
That someone would be the likes of the pharmaceutical companies, pesticide companies, cotton growers, the wood pulp industry, etc. The AMA was initially against the prohibition of cannabis because many doctors of that era recognized the healing benefits of MJ. During WW2, farmers were recruited to grow cannabis for uniforms, ropes, etc to supply the military. MJ is currently illegal, primarily because it would harm the profits of certain special interests. A smear campaign filled with lies and half truths to induce fear has been going on for generations now, resulting in a high percentage of the population being totally brainwashed against it. If the gubmint say so...it must be true. That's my 2 cents!
In closer scrutiny one would determine that the "someone" that you mention would be the government. If you are to understand the way that the system seems to work,
you would only have to look at some of the examples of this day, to be able to make sense of why anyone would go out of their way to keep marijuana from the people.
Let us use the example of the oil industry of today, although America has considerable oil deposits beneath its domain, the oil industry continues to push the government
into a position where, because of ecological considerations, we cannot drill for oil here in America. Imported oil is so much more profitable than tooling up for a major drilling
campaign, the hope of solving our growing dependency on foreign oil, the oil companies are only interested in moving a very salable product, oil. In an earlier day there were
others who had interests in retaining a market share of whatever product it was that they were moving, they went to great length to ensure that they would survive at all
cost. As you have mentioned, the pharmaceutical industry is doing the same as the oil companies by lobbying those politicians and shmeering them with money, junkets, and
every other form of bribery that it takes to win favor with the government is, in all honesty, what the American political system has degenerated to.

How can America let so many years go by without finding a resolution to the pot problem? Why has there been no "happy medium" reached, a situation where the government
sees itself as a rat chasing it's tail and relents in the interest of reality, with every senator, congressman and supreme court member coming into the realization that they will
never win their Keystone Cop, drug war. One of the most fundamental functions of the human mind, is that it is analytical, it works in those realms of logic and reason, in some
ways it is like a computer which is capable of determining good from bad, right from wrong, but more than any computer has, it has a sense of compassion, the human element.
In spite of the teachings that we get from those authoritive sources, parents, mentors, bosses or anyone who holds sway over our thinking, we have a conscience to guide us
and no matter how high the authority, we tend to review those issues which we feel hesitant about accepting, at face value, instead, using logic in our decision to either
accept, or reject the issue.

I'm sure that our parents had our best interests in mind when the left some cookies out for Santa, or put a quarter under our pillow for that front tooth we lost, maybe it
is the Easter bunny, he was always my favorite, it could also be, that they taught us to hate those of a different skin color or nationality too, or pointed out the evils of smoking
marijuana, we always believed that they were well meaning, we subscribed to their council, right up until our sense of reason told us to reexamine their case, and that is where
we came to see that they might have felt that they were expounding the right gospel, but we were seeing all of the holes in their logic.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:08 AM

208 posts, read 706,172 times
i think pot is supposed to get you high. That is why people smoke it, I'm sure.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:50 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,636,221 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter because I'd never work for someone like you. Unfortunately most smokers don't fit into the tiny little world you know outside next to your electronics store & hardware store.

I'm an executive & a full partner in a professional services organization who provides professional advice to business in a particular industry. Far from your definition of a loser. My guess is that although you label all "dopers" as losers, you simply associate all of the lazy people you hire with drugs. You're apparently too blinded by your ignorance to know the difference. You don't know any better so you just lump them all together.

I've smoked for 44 years and have never used on the job. Nobody with any sense advocates that. Oh, and by the way, this one should fry your a$$. Apparently you only hire dumb people: Science Is Sure: Smart People Love Drugs - Yahoo! News

Old 12-14-2011, 07:58 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,737,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Doesn't matter because I'd never work for someone like you. Unfortunately most smokers don't fit into the tiny little world you know outside next to your electronics store & hardware store.

I'm an executive & a full partner in a professional services organization who provides professional advice to business in a particular industry. Far from your definition of a loser. My guess is that although you label all "dopers" as losers, you simply associate all of the lazy people you hire with drugs. You're apparently too blinded by your ignorance to know the difference. You don't know any better so you just lump them all together.

I've smoked for 44 years and have never used on the job. Nobody with any sense advocates that. Oh, and by the way, this one should fry your a$$. Apparently you only hire dumb people: Science Is Sure: Smart People Love Drugs - Yahoo! News
Go on believing that if you want. There is no shortage of quality, talented people that can pass a drug test, so why in the world would I risk hiring a doper? Easy answer there...I wouldn't--EVER.

And yes, I label all dopers as losers. There's too much risk in trying to identify the elusive theoretical doper that can and always will control his illegal habit and keep it away from the workplace, and the many I've seen that THINK they can control it, and who THINK they're God's gift to their employer, but most certainly are not.

Dope doesn't make you smarter or better at what you do except, perhaps, when looking in the mirror.

You're asking me to set aside what I've learned and observed over many years dealing with problem employees, close my eyes, and take a leap of faith that "it's different now." It's not, no matter how many people tell me that they use recreational drugs and yet can still be a legend in their own mind in the workplace.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 AM

1,742 posts, read 2,691,966 times
So than, how do we deal with the prescription drug problem? With teens and the military it's as bad or worse than MMJ. Are you go going to ban this too? RP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado