U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 09:28 AM

7,756 posts, read 16,463,186 times

Advertisements

Bob....I hope you're not drinking coffee on the job!

Too much of that stuff can over-stimulate the nerves and generate some pretty nasty side effects. It can leave you feeling restless, irritable, and make your hands tremble. In extreme cases, it can create severe insomnia. I wouldn't want an employee like that working for me.

Signs and Symptoms of Caffeine Intoxication or Abuse
nervousness, increased heart rate, irregular heartbeat, elevated blood pressure, increased cholesterol, nutritional deficiencies, poor concentration, anxiety, irritability, upset stomach, GI irritation, agitation, heartburn, diarrhea, tremors, insomnia, fatigue, depression, dizziness, headache, bed wetting.

Caffeine Withdrawal Symptoms
headache, constipation, runny nose, craving, anxiety, nausea, irritability, nervousness, vomiting, insomnia, shakiness, cramps,
fatigue, dizziness, ringing in the ears, depression, drowsiness, feeling hot and cold, apathy, inability to concentrate

Those coffee drinkers must all be a bunch of losers. And this stuff is totally legal!

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 12-15-2011 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 10:03 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,577,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
It would seem possible that your drug use has affected your reading comprehension. Nowhere do I equate violent criminals with pot smokers.
Ummm, yes, you do. Wife & Girlfriend beaters.... they are violent criminals. Are they not?

Quote:
Got a mirror?
Yes, I do as a matter of fact. I see someone who has had a 6 figure income for 25 years of a 40 year career (on a 2 year college education), raised & educated three kids (all successful on their own BTW), has outstanding credit, no debt, 7 figures of retirement savings, owns a home, 3 rental properties, a 7 figure net worth, and 5 acres in the western slope of Colorado to build his dream home. Your opinion of me is so unbelievably clueless that it generates nothing but laughter for me. You don't have a f'kn clue about me and act only upon your assumptions. You sir are the loser here, not me. You are blinded by your prejudices and refuse to accept facts as presented because they conflict with your misinformed ideas about people like me. You are certainly entitled to form opinions based upon your life experiences, but to shut out facts when presented by others because they don't fit your pre-conceived opinions simply smacks of closed mindedness. Your loss sir, not mine.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:04 AM

20,318 posts, read 37,826,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Bob....I hope you're not drinking coffee on the job! ....
I sure am! Right here. Right now. High test. Full caffeine, a manly cup, hot and black, none of that sissy stuff
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:08 AM

261 posts, read 606,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I can help with that last inquiry...
Haha, nice.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 AM

1,742 posts, read 2,621,066 times
Me and my stoned Bro are breaking out the popcorn for this thread. RP

Old 12-15-2011, 10:38 AM

13,695 posts, read 21,517,011 times
Looks like your kin procreated too close to their own homestead.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:49 AM

20,318 posts, read 37,826,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Me and my stoned Bro are breaking out the popcorn for this thread. RP
Oh come on, stop picking on the Tea Party....they mean well.... really, they do...

- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:00 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,654,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Ummm, yes, you do. Wife & Girlfriend beaters.... they are violent criminals. Are they not?
Sure they are. But I didn't equate pot users to wife beaters. I did use the example to demonstrate that applying value judgements to those people that commit specific misbehaviors is a far cry from generalizing over whole populations based on geography, as with your "people from down south" example. Apparently the point was lost on you.

Clearly you're a legend in your own mind. My too-vast experience with dopers is that such high (pardon the pun) self-opinions are entirely commonplace--but also that reality is almost never as rosy as they would lead others (and themselves) to believe.

Generally speaking, routine recreational drug use is not a marker of a successful person. Most who use drugs diminish themselves in the process.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:11 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,577,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
Sure they are. But I didn't equate pot users to wife beaters. I did use the example to demonstrate that applying value judgements to those people that commit specific misbehaviors is a far cry from generalizing over whole populations based on geography, as with your "people from down south" example. Apparently the point was lost on you.

Clearly you're a legend in your own mind. My too-vast experience with dopers is that such high (pardon the pun) self-opinions are entirely commonplace--but also that reality is almost never as rosy as they would lead others (and themselves) to believe.

Generally speaking, routine recreational drug use is not a marker of a successful person. Most who use drugs diminish themselves in the process.
http://youtu.be/xlVfIcNx0rw (broken link)

Believe what you want Bob. I have nothing to prove to you. 30 million people commit those specific misbehaviors so yes, you do apply them to large groups of people. You would be wrong but you are obviously so misinformed as to be laughable in your smugness. You don't even know how to debate Bob, only to spout rubbish & judge others based upon your own myopic view of the world around you. I'm not a legend Bob, far from it. I simply laid out my personal accomplishments with regard to family & career. Accomplishments of which I am proud. But Bob, you don't believe anybody who doesn't subscribe to your myopic view of people. That's your problem, not mine.

Last edited by DurangoJoe; 12-15-2011 at 01:20 PM..

Old 12-15-2011, 01:38 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,654,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Believe what you want Bob. I have nothing to prove to you.
And yet you keep on coming back to try...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado