U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 07:53 PM

6,493 posts, read 5,217,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxnFlutman View Post
Yeah...... His post talked about how harmful pot is, the quote I posted refuted that.
Ah. Surely, you just mean that the quotes disagreed with what he said, not that they somehow proved it false...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 09:46 PM

129 posts, read 182,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Ah. Surely, you just mean that the quotes disagreed with what he said, not that they somehow proved it false...
Are you the site's official nit-picker? Can you read? I said it "refuted" his opinion, which it does, and no, one statement from a DEA judge is not scientific proof, and I didn't say that. I could post plenty of scientific studies to back my view, but I find most people who are narrow-minded & rigidly set in their beliefs don't even bother to read what might prove their opinions wrong, so I don't always bother.... I didn't notice a plethora of evidence, beyond anecdotal, to back up claims of pot being hazardous to one's health...

Old 12-23-2011, 10:42 PM

6,493 posts, read 5,217,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxnFlutman View Post
Are you the site's official nit-picker? Can you read? I said it "refuted" his opinion, which it does, and no, one statement from a DEA judge is not scientific proof, and I didn't say that. I could post plenty of scientific studies to back my view, but I find most people who are narrow-minded & rigidly set in their beliefs don't even bother to read what might prove their opinions wrong, so I don't always bother.... I didn't notice a plethora of evidence, beyond anecdotal, to back up claims of pot being hazardous to one's health...
The word 'refute' has more than one definition. One is to deny, another is to prove false. That's why I asked what you meant. And for all I can tell, you're one of those narrow-minded people too! Forgive me for not being psychic

Old 12-26-2011, 06:18 PM

29 posts, read 43,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Zen, good points... but the law is the law. If you don't like the law, then vote. If you don't like the laws of one state or municipality, then change it or vote with your feet... or break the law and suffer the consequences.
Other than when I voted for MMJ in Colorado I've never been given the option of voting on this issue (even then I had zero control over how the state legislature would implement the changes in the law). Many counties/municipalities in CO chose to decide the issue of whether dispensaries would even be allowed instead of allowing a public vote.

Nationally, the general public has never been allowed to vote on any of these federal laws - for example, the Volstead Act that started Prohibition was a legislative bill passed by Congress, and by the time it was repealed organized crime had gained a foothold that remains to this day. In 30+ years of voting, I can't recall a single time that anything other than presidential candidates was on a "federal" ballot. I don't have any reason to expect that I will ever be able to vote to leagalize marijuana in my lifetime.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:35 PM

14,498 posts, read 22,347,982 times
That's why I say vote with your feet. You can move to Amsterdam or Kingston Jamaica. I know that it may not be technically legal in the later, but they've seem to come up with some effective loopholes. I think it can be taken under the guise of religion out there or something.

My brother spent 3 years in the Peace Corps out there in Kingston and spent another two years on his own there and he imbibed. He was once questioned about possible public intoxication and he asked the COP, "So what are you? A doctor?" They left him alone with that comment.

Like I'd said in another post, when you break certain laws, your right to drink booze and do drugs gets taken away and you are subject to random or regular drug tests. I have family who works in law enforcement and they claim that they would much rather their clients be partaking in MJ than in many other substances... including alcohol. Ask a number of law enforcement workers what their take is on the use of that drug compared to other drugs or alcohol. I think it would make a good poll.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:22 AM

2,943 posts, read 7,304,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonCityKid View Post
I have gotten the feeling that a lot of people in Colorado smoke pot. I feel that pot smoking has become a widely accepted activity.

I personally am against all illegal drug use. So these questions are specific to illegal pot use.
Are there a lot of pot heads in Colorado?
Are there a lot of casual pot smokers?

Regarding legal pot use...
Do you feel it is abused?

And how does this compare around the state from the small towns to the big cities?

Thanks
What the F do you care? As if people smoking pot has any effect on you whatsoever. Its people like you that ruin my well being. I don't smoke weed, but I used to like 10 years ago (now for some reason every job wants to drug test me..) I have zero problems with anyone that does, and I welcome all the dispensaries in town. It's a step towards full blown legalization, which is what this state, and country needs.

I find in unconscionable that in the year 2011, alcohol, which is responsible for over 80,000 deaths every year, is still somehow legal, yet a harmless natural plant that harms NO ONE, EVER!!! is still considered a Class II federallly controlled substance. It's total BS, and anyone who has a problem with weed, I guarantee you, has never tried it, not even once, otherwise they'd know it's not anywhere near close to being something that needs to be illegal.

It's all about money, plain and simple. The big pharma companies would lose billions if it were ever legalized, and the feds can't figure out a systme of weights and measurments so they can tax it.

I'm glad I live in a state where it's accepted.
Legalize it, tax it, and smoke it. Period.

If I weren't in a profession that requires me to produce clean urine, I'd still be smoking garbage bags of it. And I'm a CONSERVATIVE.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:31 AM

1,742 posts, read 2,691,019 times
Here's an interesting article.
CU study: Medical marijuana saves lives | The Colorado Independent
RP

Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 AM

14,498 posts, read 22,347,982 times
Don't bogart that joint... my friend...

Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM

129 posts, read 182,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I have family who works in law enforcement and they claim that they would much rather their clients be partaking in MJ than in many other substances... including alcohol.

Ask a number of law enforcement workers what their take is on the use of that drug compared to other drugs or alcohol. I think it would make a good poll.
LEAP | Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Thousands in law enforcement want drugs decriminalized...

Old 12-27-2011, 11:02 AM

40 posts, read 89,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
What the F do you care? As if people smoking pot has any effect on you whatsoever. Its people like you that ruin my well being.
Don't be afraid to have respect for others : )
I'm allowed my opinion.

How many people here have had their view on this issue changed by anyone?
I'm guessing very few.

It's an argument that will go both ways forever and ever. So keep arguing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado