U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 12-27-2011, 11:26 AM
 
Location: The 719
13,634 posts, read 21,494,218 times
Reputation: 13287

Advertisements

So nice of you to show up again.

You're right that people will argue. But one does not have to engage in every argument they are invited to.

I refuse to suffer fools. My only real interest with this subject is to cut the head from the snake... so to speak. If you want to explore better states of consciousness, DM me about it. I'd like to talk to you.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2011, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,754 posts, read 16,452,867 times
Reputation: 9287
Colorado becomes third state to ask DEA to reclassify pot

Colorado has become the third state to ask the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration to reclassify marijuana in a way that allows doctors to prescribe it as a medical treatment.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2011, 05:22 PM
 
40 posts, read 86,549 times
Reputation: 75
Marijuana-Impaired Driving Rises in Colorado
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2011, 05:47 PM
 
2,665 posts, read 2,104,640 times
Reputation: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonCityKid View Post
Misleading (dare I say outright false?) headline.

Quoting the article:
Quote:
A recent study conducted by the Institute for Behavior and Health says over the past five years, the number of drivers who tested positive for drugs, including marijuana, has increased.
Assuming for a moment that's true, it says nothing about impared driving. If I smoke a bowl on Sunday, and get pulled over and tested on a Wednesday, I will test positive, despite the fact that I'm not under the influence.

They have tests for impairment that could be utilitzed, that are accurate regardless the substance, but they've been quashed because some elderly people, even when stone sober, cannot pass.

Next interesting ditty:
Quote:
Since 2005, the number of drivers stopped that tested positive for marijuana increased by nearly 100%, from 300 to 599.
The population of Colorado is a tick over 5,000,000. So 599 represents 0.012% of the population, or about 1 in 10,000 people. Really widespread problem, that.

Sensationalistic journalism with an agenda. The author should be ashamed, and the publisher should be sanctioned. It's downright disinformation.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2011, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Durango, CO
169 posts, read 318,250 times
Reputation: 257
[quote=DentalFloss;22317966]Misleading (dare I say outright false?) headline.
Assuming for a moment that's true, it says nothing about impared driving. If I smoke a bowl on Sunday, and get pulled over and tested on a Wednesday, I will test positive, despite the fact that I'm not under the influence.


Bravo. I feel that many anti-pot people aren't aware that the effects of weed are COMPLETELY gone the next day even though trace, harmless amounts still remain in your system just waiting to get one fired, suspended, whatever.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2011, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Northern MN
3,869 posts, read 12,505,578 times
Reputation: 3540
[quote=VenusAllen;22318146]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Misleading (dare I say outright false?) headline.
Assuming for a moment that's true, it says nothing about impared driving. If I smoke a bowl on Sunday, and get pulled over and tested on a Wednesday, I will test positive, despite the fact that I'm not under the influence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post

Bravo. I feel that many anti-pot people aren't aware that the effects of weed are COMPLETELY gone the next day even though trace, harmless amounts still remain in your system just waiting to get one fired, suspended, whatever.
close but not quite the once the body metabolizes it is is no longer capable of getting you high.

An explanation from a DR.

Dr. Starzinski, a neurologist with a doctoral degree in psychopharmacology, offered several opinions regarding marijuana intoxication and the test administered to the employee. He concluded that 896 nanograms per milliliter [ng/ml] constituted a definite presence of marijuana in the sample. He also stated, however, that it was not possible to draw any conclusions about the recency of marijuana intake based on this number. He stated:

[T]he metabolite of marijuana, carboxy-THC does stay in the body for a long period of time and can indicate use of marijuana for several days to up to a few weeks prior to obtaining such a value. Hence, this positive value for marijuana could indicate use of marijuana for hours to a few weeks prior to the obtaining of this specimen.


As to whether the employee was Aintoxicated@ at the time of the test, Dr. Starzinski stated that such a toxicology screen Adoes not help in determining whether intoxication is present or not.@ The doctor indicated that evidence of intoxication would be better determined by Aobservations of witnesses regarding any alteration in [the employee=s] mental status, including his cognitive abilities, behaviors and balance.@Dr. Starzinski, stated that no conclusions as to intoxication could be drawn from the drug test, which merely indicated the presence of a certain amount of marijuana was in the employee=s system.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2012, 07:17 AM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,866 posts, read 7,097,466 times
Reputation: 1543
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonCityKid View Post
Don't be afraid to have respect for others : )
I'm allowed my opinion.

How many people here have had their view on this issue changed by anyone?
I'm guessing very few.

It's an argument that will go both ways forever and ever. So keep arguing.
I don't care what you say, your opinion is flat out WRONG. 150,000% WRONG. You have obviously never tried it before, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2012, 04:31 PM
 
Location: TX
6,009 posts, read 4,945,550 times
Reputation: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
I don't care what you say, your opinion is flat out WRONG. 150,000% WRONG. You have obviously never tried it before, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Good grief, which opinion are you talking about?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 09:07 AM
 
1,742 posts, read 2,619,473 times
Reputation: 1923
Looks like we have a lot of fart smellers, I mean smart fellers here.
Pot Smoking Middle Agers Have Sharper Minds
RP
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Atlanta Metro
129 posts, read 177,428 times
Reputation: 129
Default 125 Year Old Woman Claims Smoking Pot Everyday..

.... was her secret to long life!


125 Year Old Woman Claimed Smoking Pot Everyday Was Her Secret to Long Life Cafe Vale Tudo


"Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction." . . . - Bob Marley
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top